• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for 6mm 115 DTACS BN

Re: Source for 6mm 115 DTACS BN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try this: 115 DTAC BN </div></div>

Yep, Superior is Tubbs, nice ladies will answer the phone and take your order.

I just talked with the tech guy about running the boron coated 115's and he said not to worry about the issues you have with Molly coated bullets... So i decided to run the nitride's in my new .243.

You guys have any feelings about the coated ones?

Kyle

They run just fine for me....they aren't "coated" in any different way than the Moly ones are, it's just a different dust on the bullet.

Seems the nitrides would shorten tube life over moly...............

The tech guy said that the nitride burns off and doesn't leave anything on the barrel like Molly does... who knows if hes just pushing his product or not. 243's life is so short anyway I'll just shoot whatever I can find available.... hah

Midway was running $95 per 500 for naked and will special order for $100 per 500.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems the nitrides would shorten tube life over moly............... </div></div>

What would you base that on?

Creedmore sports in Oceanside also carries the 115 DTAC with BN.

James

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have the BC on the 115s?

In the .6s?</div></div>

Use 585 per Rob01, worked for me in PHX.

BC is indeed .585

http://www.6mmbr.com/6XC.html
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Editor's Note: Henry Childs has confirmed the BC figure David is proposing. We suggest you use a .585 BC for the 115gr DTAC.]</div></div>

You can add 20 points of BC if you wish to run them through the pointing die.
Semper Fi

BTW, I was passing info about the DTAC to the JBM website owner (which he graciously added to his ballistics tool BTW) and found that after we called Superior Shooting Systems, their BC claim for the naked 115gr was .575 intead of .585 which seems to be published online in a few places. Since the .575 number was less than I had in my spreadsheet, I rechecked it and sure enough it looks like they have reduced their original BC claim.

Just a heads up.....