• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Source for Remington Socket Cap Screws (1/4-28)

Mike_R

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
I just received my Grayboe renegade and DBM today. The DBM did not include new action screws of the appropriate size and length as I am typically accustomed to.

I have tried a few local hardware stores with no luck. I also have looked online, and not found small quantities of appropriately sized (1/4-28) screws. I am going to try another hardware store that tends to have more odd stuff locally tomorrow, but is there somewhere that sells action screws for a Remingtion with DBM? I saw PTG has them, as part of a $12 dollar set including pillars. Other than that I have come up blank.

In my area I have an Orchard Supply Hardware (aka OSH) that has those screws in stock.

There are usually some on eBay they are longer length so you can cut to the length you need they are kinda expensive but compared to the investment not that bad if I remember right I think 16 dollars but not sure good luck

Make sure you get beveled/tapered heads in them so it can accommodate tilt in the bottom metal. I'd go the brownells route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy fasteners by the box at McMaster Carr online.
I'm usually in need of a cutting tool or something else to justify shipping costs, but I'm in PA so I pay no tax and they ship from NJ so it's usually here the next day.

Note that McMaster will not have the type of specialty head that fits standard bottom metal, for those I go to Brownells, but if all you need are SHCS (socket head cap screws, cylindrical heads with an internal hex made to drop into a flat bottom counterbore) you can buy 10 or 25 from McMaster depending on the length for well under a buck each.

The DBMs I've used (M5) require SHCS.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-s...crews/=18xwrlr

Last edited: