• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southwest Run and Gun 308 Ammo. Anyone tried it?

Re: Southwest Run and Gun 308 Ammo. Anyone tried it?

I haven't but quite a few on here have. I will post you a link to some of the threads and a link to the SH custom search engine (man's other, other best friend)

<span style="font-weight: bold">CUSTOM SNIPER'S HIDE SEARCH ENGINE</span>

Link^ for search

SOUTHWEST AMMO LINK

<span style="font-weight: bold">SOUTHWEST AMMO 175 INFO</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">MORE SW INFO HERE</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a plethora of user reviews on here about Southwest Ammo. All of which say pretty much the same thing, its awesome.

Highest quality ammo at a outstanding price.

Give SW ammo a try, you will be happy you did. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpspeeddemon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i shot some of the standard 175g SMK's yesterday at 600yds. It did very well. You it should shoot well for you. the dope was the same as my Federal Gold Medal 175 and 168s. 14 moa up at 600yd with 20" barrel </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Southwest Ammo in my opinion is one of the closest factory made ammo's that you can buy that has true, conistent handloaded performance. You can specify which brass you want....I reccomend you go with new Lapua since it's the best out there.

I shoot 175SMK's out of my rig and it is just unreal how accurate it is. It's like shooting custom developed ammo.

Get as much as you can afford! </div></div>

SW Ammo doesn't put out anything that is crap. I have used both the run and gun and the standard tactical, can't tell a difference between the two. They are loaded the same, the only difference is the brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bazgab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SW Ammo doesn't put out anything that is crap. I have used both the run and gun and the standard tactical, can't tell a difference between the two. They are loaded the same, the only difference is the brass. </div></div>

Thanks...Thats what I needed

Hey has anyone tried their range or hunting ammunition? Cant belive these prices!!

I bought some of the Run and Gun a month ago. I was only able to shoot two shots because the pressure froze up my bolt (Rem 700).

These guys are local to me and I asked them this exact question. Basically the premium,standard and run and gun are ALL made to the same exact good standards. BUT the difference is in the brass consistency. So even though they do everything the same, the premium will group better than the winchester which will group better than the run and gun. So if your getting .5moa from the standard, you could be getting .7moa with the run and gun. The LC brass is just not as consistent as the winchester new brass and thats not as consistent as lapua.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought some of the Run and Gun a month ago. I was only able to shoot two shots because the pressure froze up my bolt (Rem 700). </div></div>

Send us a pm or call 480 302-2233 and we'll replace or refund you for the ammo.

We had a few get out that had small dings in the neck from a worn out neck-sizing die, making them hard to chamber and extract. This isn't a pressure problem. LC brass has very thick necks and any imperfections can make them hard to chamber or extract, especially in Savage rifles.

Mike

I ordered 100rnds of run and gun from Mike for my AAC, I recieved a call from them the next day to inform me that they were out of some of the components needed to complete my order. Instead of run and gun they were going to ship me the Match grade winchester for the same price. I cannot speak to the quality of the run and gun, but their match is awesome. That and their customer service will make me be their customer for years to come.

I will say that they have my business from here on out.
You can't beat their quality and price let alone their
customer service.

There customer service is awesome. So is there product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeSWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sudnit5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought some of the Run and Gun a month ago. I was only able to shoot two shots because the pressure froze up my bolt (Rem 700). </div></div>

Send us a pm or call 480 302-2233 and we'll replace or refund you for the ammo.

We had a few get out that had small dings in the neck from a worn out neck-sizing die, making them hard to chamber and extract. This isn't a pressure problem. LC brass has very thick necks and any imperfections can make them hard to chamber or extract, especially in Savage rifles.

Mike </div></div>^^^ You just can't beat a real live person repping their product here on the Hide. I screwed up bad when I ordered 240 rounds of USAammo 308 175's. I have heard of OAL issues, FTF, failure to eject, terrible consistancy etc. My order has not arrived and the 308's got pulled from the website all together for a while. I have tried to get answers about what all the problems might have been from and just get generic responses through email with no good info in them. Hard to have faith in a product after hearing all of the problems and not getting good answers.

Seems like its just the opposite here with South West. MikeSWammo is an active, posting member who comes on here and stands behind his stuff which I hear great things about.<span style="font-weight: bold"> When I get paid again my money will go towards some SW ammo.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shadysmitty68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will say that they have my business from here on out.
You can't beat their quality and price let alone their
customer service. </div></div>

+1 Their CS is great...always helpful! I've bought two cases so far and am pleased.