• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spare Mag storage/carry during a stage?

Redfisher60

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Fort Collins Colorado
For those that do shoot competitively, where do you carry/store you spare mags during a stage. Do you just toss them on your shooting mat? pockets? mag holders? l know that SAP has Vudoo belt mag holders, and they have elastic mag holders for CZ mags. Any other solutions? thanks.

Jeff

2" Velcro strips + 2" elastic webbing + wife+sewing machine=

1591658653146.jpeg

Asked SAP to make a two round holder for the .22 but they wouldn't do it!

Throw them in a cargo pocket. How many stages require more than 10 rounds to complete anyway? That spare is rarely needed unless you have a mag malf.

One match I shoot every month consists of (8) 30 round strings on two separate stages.
Yes, that would be the Boulder Rifle Club RF match. Eight 30 round strings....
Each string requires 30 rounds, or three 10 round mags. My photo in post#2 has an extra mag on that particular rifle, just in case....
We have a 240 round match total, by the way - like a two day PMS event - oops, PRS match.

Like was mentioned earlier, most stages in NRL22 and others are 10 rounds, if there are mag extensions available for your rifle like the Anarchy Outdoors ones for CZ load up in your stage mag and you will have built in backup.

Short Action Precision makes the elastic mag holders and also sells Kydex mag holders for the belt that will hold the Vudoo mags

So I will pile on, although I already posted. SAP is (like many others) a great company that we should try to support. Nate and Rich are out shooting at plentyof matches, put product on a lot of prize tables, and are just good guys to be around.

I know this is a tough year for a lot of people and a lot of companies. But, also a great time to support those businesses we care about--SAP and many others on/off the hide....

ZY