• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Spare parts AR.

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
How many of you have dug through your spare AR parts and realized you have enough to build a newish rifle? I have seen at least 2 people that I know do this and both rifles turned out too be decent. If you have done this lets see some pictures of these muts!

Re: Spare parts AR.

What better place for a collection of spare parts than on a spare rifle!

Picture074.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many of you have dug through your spare AR parts and realized you have enough to build a newish rifle? I have seen at least 2 people that I know do this and both rifles turned out too be decent. If you have done this lets see some pictures of these muts! </div></div>

I don't have any pics because I haven't built any "frankenrifles" lately, but I know from a recent "clean-up" of my workshop and parts boxes that I have enough for at least a full, complete rifle and probably at least an extra couple LPKs, BCGs and "misc" other parts to get me close to second build minus a lower receiver.

My last one started that way... then went waaaay too far.. I still have most of the spare parts. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last one started that way... then went waaaay too far.. I still have most of the spare parts. lol </div></div>This is what I would be afraid of.

Am putting 1 together for my Sis for her birthday in August with my spare parts--need bolt carrier,barrel, and fire coontrol group
if anyone has some spare used parts for sale

gonna have ARP do a pink camo job

THANKS to Tuscondave,elkhuntinguide,RGW818, and fastford for
help thus far with parts---gotta love the great people on the HIDE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am putting 1 together for my Sis for her birthday in August with my spare parts--need bolt carrier,barrel, and fire coontrol group
if anyone has some spare used parts for sale

gonna have ARP do a pink camo job

THANKS to Tuscondave,elkhuntinguide,RGW818, and fastford for
help thus far with parts---gotta love the great people on the HIDE </div></div>

By fire control group do you mean only the trigger/hammer assembly? If you need the safety selector I don't think i can help, but if it's just the trigger assembly you need i think i can help :) I've put enough chip mccormick/timney triggers in guns to have a few extras! PM and we can figure something out