• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Spartacus: Blood & Sand

Target07

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
My wife turned me on to it and I can't quit watching it. I am totally engrossed in the bloodiness that is portrayed in the episodes...love it. Anybody else following this series?

Re: Spartacus: Blood & Sand

Yeah, they have been getting better and better. Its kinda like 300 meets Gladiator

Just a little bit different than Kubrick's movie version of the story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it in my Netflix que, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.</div></div>

Just a heads up...If you have kids you may want to wait until they are in bed as there is a lot of T&A and of course you can't have green grass unless there is blood...and there is plenty of that.

I DVR it and just watched the latest episode... Pretty wild stuff for cable TV.. Lucy does make me smile, however..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it in my Netflix que, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.</div></div>

Just a heads up...If you have kids you may want to wait until they are in bed as there is a lot of T&A and of course you can't have green grass unless there is blood...and there is plenty of that. </div></div>

It's just me in the house, but thanks for the heads up! Now I think I'll watch the first episode tonight...

Ya I'm really enjoying it. Very good so far. I have been watching it online on a friends netflix. I really wish netflix would offer all their movies online, then I would buy my own subscription.....

hell yeah, bad ass series haven't missed an episode yet, the sword play in this series is awsome, the ladies aren't bad either

I think he punked out in the last episode...he killed his friend...why not just get up and the two of them hack those guards to pieces...would have taken about five minutes...now he's crying.

Lucy Lawless was Xena back in the day. But damn she is still smoking hot!

Man, this is my favorite show on the tube right now...Ive been watching the episodes off of Netflicks. Good Stuff, not for kids, but good stuff

Yeah but there is corruption and sex as well so overlook the weaponry and acuracy

BTW the Spartacus character I heard has a lymphoma ..He looked so fit..U nevr know.treatment is planned... any confirmation of this?

yes he has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

he is responding well to treatment from what i hear, unfortunately season 2 will not be here until fall...2011
cry.gif

This is a Great series,has a lot of Blood and Guts some Nudity and alittle of everything else.Def not for the young ones...

I started to watch it and really didnt think much of it. I will pass on this one.. I wish HBO would bring back Rome!!!

Oh it gets better as the season goes on. The finale is truly epic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cover-me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started to watch it and really didnt think much of it. I will pass on this one.. I wish HBO would bring back Rome!!! </div></div>
+1 on Rome that was a good series,but Spartacus B&S is def as good as Rome and the season Finale was great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucy Lawless was Xena back in the day. But damn she is still smoking hot!
</div></div>

Even hotter every time she kisses the hot blond.

Yea the Finale. I was like no way this is happening. I was waiting for the dream scene to end. Cant wait for second season.

Second that!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, they have been getting better and better. Its kinda like 300 meets Gladiator

Just a little bit different than Kubrick's movie version of the story. </div></div>

My first impression was the folks tried to take the popular elements of 300, Gladiator, and Rome and make a show out of it with the budget of a sci-fi channel made for TV "Mega-snapping turtle" movie. With the ultimate result being an imitator that was only highlighted by how poorly it stacked up to those it hoped to be like. The characters were two dimensional, the over stylized action was so blatantly cribbing from 300 it was distracting and the writing was amateurish.

However I slogged through the first few episodes because I really wanted to like the series and it and it actually got a lot better on all fronts(and apparently a lot of other reviewers on the web felt the same way).

It's still not nearly as good as Rome but Rome had a $100 million budget for the first season and $125 million for the second.

Spartacus is a fun show to watch that really improved over the course of the season and I look forward to the next season.

Watching the commercials for Spartacus I thought that it was a remake of 300 so I wasn't interested. About halfway throught the series I was bored one night and couldn't find anything on TV so I watched a show and it was pretty descent.

What Red Blooded American Male don't like Blood letting and lots of Topless Women in the same scene.

I was sad to see the show end for the season and was wishing I had started watching from the beginning.

Season 1 is back on! Glad to see it back on the air, they must be drumming it up in light of the second season coming up. I guess it only makes sense that the second season would be a prequel given that after the rebellion things kinda got anticlimactic for Spartacus and his boys but I'm gonna miss the cast of the first. Good times.

I like Lucy Lawless' boobies. But I don't think they'll be making an appearance in season 2. :-(

The cast's nickname for the fake phallus used to make all the naked he-men look like Johnny Wad is "Kirk Douglas".

Doubt future of series
Andy Whitfield (Spartacus) has a recurrent cancer...not good...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doubt future of series
Andy Whitfield (Spartacus) has a recurrent cancer...not good... </div></div>

Yeh thats really sad
frown.gif

Hope the champion pulls thru to live a full life

Season 2 starts this friday. Best series on tv. Got to love lucy and the bitchy blonde.

Good acting
Must be a prequel, because I think she/husband were wasted at the end of the last show sequence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ollie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Season 2 starts this friday. Best series on tv. Got to love lucy and the bitchy blonde. </div></div>

Actually, no. Season two starts next year.
Gods of the arena which starts on friday is, as mentioned in the previous post, a prequel.

Also, the new Spartacus is Liam McIntyre

There is a two show prequel on netflix instant watch right now. This was the best show of last year in my opinion.

Thought I would share this for all you Spartacus fans
laugh.gif

This vid is made by Freddie Wong. He kicks ass you should check out his other vids, they are awesome

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NKogQf9ooR8&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NKogQf9ooR8&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ya know, reading this thread earlier in the year, because of the folks here who seemed to like the show, I declined to mention how homoerotic it is. The naked female/male ratio is way out of whack. Too many naked dude scenes for me.
Hoping that things might have changed between seasons, I tuned in to the 2nd episode the other night. What's the 1st thing I see? Two pole smokers going at it! WTF!!
Where's the naked chicks?
Season 2 = FAIL

Makes for a good excuse for guys to watch it when the missus is around.

I remember my girlfriend walks in on a scene where Batiatus is giving it to this slave who literally has missiles for tits... my god they were awesome.

Anyway, shes like "ohhh so this is why you like this show". I told her I watch it because I want to eat Lucy's gooch.

She enjoyed that episode with donkey dick in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it in my Netflix que, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.</div></div>

Just a heads up...If you have kids you may want to wait until they are in bed as there is a lot of T&A and of course you can't have green grass unless there is blood...and there is plenty of that. </div></div>

It is not as bad or realistic as <span style="font-style: italic">Caligula</span> where they cut off the .... and feed it to the dogs, is it?

Agreed it is an awesome series. The finale is epic. I had read they'll be replacing andy for season 2 which in that case i probably wont watch it. I would rather them wait and see if he gets better. Just would be weird to watch it and not have the original spartacus. Also i think Katrina Law as "Mira" is the hottest on the show, she's just so damn sexy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed it is an awesome series. The finale is epic. I had read they'll be replacing andy for season 2 which in that case i probably wont watch it. I would rather them wait and see if he gets better. Just would be weird to watch it and not have the original spartacus. Also i think Katrina Law as "Mira" is the hottest on the show, she's just so damn sexy. </div></div>

Andy got sick right before they started shooting season 2 so they had to rewrite the story. It looks like season 2 is going to be short. Only 6 or 8 episodes. The second season is focused more on titties then fighting. I'm OK with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Andy got sick right before they started shooting season 2 so they had to rewrite the story. It looks like season 2 is going to be short. Only 6 or 8 episodes. The second season is focused more on titties then fighting. I'm OK with that.</div></div>

The second season hasn't come out yet?? I wasn't talking about the prequel i'm talking about season 2. Or have you seen season 2?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gorge Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it in my Netflix que, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.</div></div>

It is not as bad or realistic as <span style="font-style: italic">Caligula</span> where they cut off the .... and feed it to the dogs, is it? </div></div>

Well...there IS an episode featuring a penis that gets cut off but it doesn't get fed to dogs, at least that they show.

Just watched Episode 4 of Spartacus: gods of the arena

Cant believe what just happened... someone needs to die seriously