• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Spartan Blades CQB Tool

sandwalk3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Kentucky
I've been interested in this one for a while. Love Spartan Blades and have one of their Horkos blades.

I called them to see what their stock and shipping times were, and they went out of their way to get my order out same day, even though the truck had already picked up their shipments for the day.

The knife is an excellent EDC choice. And their service was top notch. And a great knife company to support.

Spartan Blades CQB Tool
CQB%20Tool%20FDE.jpg

Re: Spartan Blades CQB Tool

interested to see what you think of it, my wife wants one. I have 2 spartan knives and they are very high quality.

I don't think there is a better or quicker system available.
I am not much of a knife fighting expert, but with very little training this thing is so lightning quick as well as being completely instinctive in use, I added it to my EDC.

I have the Benchmade version, but the sheath is overly occluded for my taste (I trimmed it back). Spartan has it right on all fronts.

It's super light, deploys quicker than anything out there, and it does not imprint when you wear it IWB under any type of shirt.

I'm not the biggest fan of the reverse grip, but I may be now.

I used the provided paracord to make a loop that my belt goes through, and then I put it IWB basically just to the left of my belt buckle. Loophole on the knife is behind my belt buckle.

Easy to access in that position vs at the side by either your left or right hand.

This is a real winner. I contemplated the Benchmade version. The sheath they have would be great for molle gear, but I heard they ripped off their design from Spartan Knives, and - above from the Spartan version being better quality - I would rather support the guys at Spartan with my money. They were great to me.

And this is my new running knife. Perfect for that and so many other EDC needs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwalk3r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I contemplated the Benchmade version. The sheath they have would be great for molle gear, but I heard they ripped off their design from Spartan Knives, and - above from the Spartan version being better quality - I would rather support the guys at Spartan with my money. They were great to me.

</div></div>
I heard that rumor as well.
It seems the Benchmade SOCP was designed by Greg Thompson..Benchmade lists him as the designer.
Spartan says "The design concept of the CQB tool originates with Greg Thompson".
Seems there is no foul by Benchmade.

Benchmade is a top rate knife company.
I have many of their knives and am pleased with all of them.

My dealings with Spartan feel more like family that has my back as well and builds me knives I can bet my life on.
There are very few blades built by anyone at any price that inspire that confidence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwalk3r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's super light, deploys quicker than anything out there, and it does not imprint when you wear it IWB under any type of shirt.

I'm not the biggest fan of the reverse grip, but I may be now.

I used the provided paracord to make a loop that my belt goes through, and then I put it IWB basically just to the left of my belt buckle. Loophole on the knife is behind my belt buckle.

Easy to access in that position vs at the side by either your left or right hand.

This is a real winner. I contemplated the Benchmade version. The sheath they have would be great for molle gear, but I heard they ripped off their design from Spartan Knives, and - above from the Spartan version being better quality - I would rather support the guys at Spartan with my money. They were great to me.

</div></div>

Not the case, Greg Thompson, they guy who designed it, took it to Benchmade. That's not to say people shouldn't support Spartan, but the designer of the knife decided to have a cheaper production version made.

Personally, I find the sheath much better on the Benchmade version, so that's the one I bought.

I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight. Internet rumors =\= true.

I do think the Benchmade sheath looks better. Though I wonder if its profile works as well IWB. The molle application looks great. I wonder if you can get just the sheath and get the Spartan to work in it.

I went shooting for about four hours yesterday and between all the walking around and getting up and down onto my shooting mat, I never once felt uncomfortable with the blade going down and to the left just behind my belt buckle.

So I hands down don't know a better IWB fixed blade out there.