• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision Valhalla Bipod... what say you?

Jimmy D in AK

Myrmidon
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Alaska (AK)
Hey Fellas,

a buddy of mine from Norway sent me a bipod to check out, never heard of it before... Spartan Precision “Valhalla” bipod. Seems quite legit and solid as all Hell, anyone have any range/match/field experience with one?
F4D58EA5-0017-4E57-9F15-4F9E751F8B3A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy D in AK
I see it now, there’s a cant locking lever on the lower side of the center piece.

I’ve carried their bipods for a while. I carried it operationally. Ive had two break on me. I think the the concept is fantastic, just not quite there yet with reliability. The price is another thing too. Way too high.

Reactions: Jimmy D in AK
I’ve carried their bipods for a while. I carried it operationally. Ive had two break on me. I think the the concept is fantastic, just not quite there yet with reliability. The price is another thing too. Way too high.
What broke on the bipods?

What broke on the bipods?
On the Spartan 300, there is button to unlock the bipod so it unfolds from the rifle. I used the bipod for a few months, when i Went to deploy it, the legs were loose and it did not engage. I sent it back for a new one. Within a week, same thing. i deployed it on the hood of a vehicle behind an engine block to have the long eye on a window of a house. It was something this bipod should have been able to handle. When it mattered. It failed me.
I will have this in the back of my mind, so I dont use their products anymore. Like I said before, the concept is fantastic. It’s Reliability just isn’t there yet. 9BF89B16-4461-4ACD-B9D9-23CE57557A2C.jpeg

Reactions: Gil P.
Ive got one on my TRG22. Weighs next to nothing, cant lock, exchangable legs. I like it.

Reactions: Gil P.
I have both the original bipod, the valhalla and the davos head on my tripod. Im adding the to hunter model. I intend to kepp all 3, pricey but each has its application. the davos head mounts for spotting scopes, LRF binos , is compatible with my rifles bipod mounts.

the original i use hunting. I dont like keeping the bipod mounted unless i need it, then i want it to mount fast
and securely. The original is extremely light, carried in a belt holster i can have it mounted from holster i maybe 5-10 seconds. The perm magnet holds it securely. Have too really yank it to dismount.
its really compliments my LIGHT rifles (rimfires, hornet, sig cross, kimber light 6.5, CZ 600).
the legs can be iffy to adjust, take care to not to over loosen when adjusting. i also bought extended legs with dedicated hardware, youll want to install them before you go afield. spartan shipped long legs w/o internal adjustment hardware, they figured youd re use that from short legs. I requested the extra hw and they sent it no problem.

i bought the valhalla to,use with sig cross in local matches. Its light, handy and mounts on a spigot.. push a button and its on, off quickly, has pan and tilt, legs are easy and fast to Adjust. I am using it afield now with a RPR i rebarreled in 204 ruger. much lighter than my conventional bipods, has wide stanced legs.

im adding the hunter to its heavier but not by much (than original). i bought a used pair legs on hide, they screw in and are easier to install. Just hoping maybe another used on on hide, if not eventually ill buy one

its a considerable investment, but i started with original, liked it for light use.. and added new options each year. Aint for everyone.