• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spike's ST Battle Trigger

mluning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2007
Houston Texas USA
Let me hear the good, the bad, and the ugly about this trigger.

I'm looking for a good, reliable, single stage trigger and this seems to fit the bill.

Right now it's between this, Accuracy Speaks, and Wilson Combat TTU and TTU-3 Gun.

What say you all?

Re: Spike's ST Battle Trigger

I had one on a Spikes lower, and was never really impressed with it. The one I owned had a decent amount of creep to it, but did have a clean break. After about 200 rounds using it, I didn't notice enough of a difference from a stock trigger to justify the expense. But, it does seem to be the flavor of the month over on barfcom, so that could explain all the rave reviews I (and probably you) have read concerning it.

The best single stage trigger I've ever shot on was the Geissele 3GS.

Well, I wouldn't call it a traditional single stage trigger but it sure isn't a 2 stage neither. Think of a light 1911-ish trigger with a very short reset comparable to the Wilson TTU (which also has a very short reset) and you have the Geissele.

The TTU from wilson is really good also but for the price the Geissele is the better buy.

Just waiting for GA to release the large pin version and I'm getting that for my colt.

Plus one for Geissle....

Geissle, SD3G .... its a flat trigger which some dont like, has an excellent brake, and super short reset.

I have one that's not installed. It doesn't have springs or pins as I was going to use KNS Pins and some JP Springs.

I'll sell you the trigger parts and the KNS uber cool pin setup for $60 shipped, pm me if you want them. You could just use the springs off your current trigger and be just fine.

the spikes unit is a coated GI trigger. aka snake oil.

If you want a good drip in adjustable trigger look at the mega. If you run standard springs it will be between a 5-6.5lb pull. If you run jp springs it will be a good bit lower. The only real down side to the mega is that the reset can be a tick slow. It is leaps and bounds better than the spikes one though.

So basically I'm better off by putting my $60 towards a TTU, TTU-3G or the Geissele S3G?

For those of you that have used both the Wilson and Geissele, can you go into detail what you like and don't like between the two and which you decided to go with?

I just want a clean, crisp, trigger that allows for quick, accurate follow up shots ~ 4-5lbs.

I have the JP and Pact Gold in my AR's and have sold/shot the Geisseles and find the Wilson COmbat TTU 3G to be the best of all. I plan on building a new AR 15 in the winter and will order a 2nd TTU 3G to retro my MA-TEN

Yes, spend the money on a better unit and get a much much better product.

I had the chance to use an American Gold last week for the first time. It is by far the fastest trigger I have every used. When I do change from what I have now it will be that trigger going on my 3 gun AR.

IMHO it's good for what it is. When you stack it up against a $250 and higher priced triggers its apples and oranges.

It really depends on the application.
If its a range queen go for something along the lines of what has been suggested.

I have the trigger as part of their enhanced kit used on a build and it's smooth with a clean break, as for the "snake oil" NIB coating it helps to have for reduced friction and cleaning.

It is still just a mass production GI trigger, the actual functioning parts have no improvement over the ones that came in your standard LPK for 55-60 bucks.

Even when running the crap out of a DI gun during classes I have yet to see any trigger parts that were hard to clean.

They are with out a doubt snakeoil.

As has been mentioned, there really isn't anything special about the Spike's battle trigger.

I saw that you said that you are just looking for a good 4-5lb trigger. Nothing fancy I suppose. Personally, I've tried/owned most all of the trigger mentioned here. For a general purpose rifle, I also like a 4-5lb trigger pull. For a single stage, you might want to look at the Timney unit. For a two stage, the Geissele SSA-E. I've been using the SSA-E triggers in the rifles that I take in the field with me, and I like them a lot.

The Geissele three gun trigger was nice and FAST, but not good for a general purpose field rifle.