• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SPR Build Done

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
Finished up the SPR build today. 16" 1:7 WOA barrel is shooting just under 1" @ 100 using 69gr SMKs (24.5gr TAC gives 2740 fps). Hoped for 0.5MOA, but I'll take it.

Threw in a picture of its big brother.
smile.gif

Re: SPR Build Done

Nice setup! I'll be glad when I have the scratch to purchase a can for my own rifle.

It's my SAS 30 cal that I throw on everything. I have 6 QD mounts for it now... Need to man up and pick up another suppressor from Tim.

Very nice! I am jealous as hell. Been wanting to build an SPR type rife, just no extra funds.

Here is your half MOA load:

24.0 gr RL-15
Win Brass
Wolf magnum primer
Sierra 77gr match king

I just put the same barrel as you on a build of mine.

Good luck and nice rifle.

Here are two others that have worked for me:

69gr SMK
24.0gr H335
Rem 7 1/2 BR primer
LC Brass

or

69gr SMK
25.0gr Varget
Rem 7 1/2 BR primer
LC Brass

Both have been sub MOA for me with the H335 load performing slightly better than the Varget.

I've had some good luck with
23.5gr H335
68gr Hornady HBPT Match
Rem 7 1/2 BR primer
And R-P brass actually (upgrading the brass soon)

Trying the varget out now

Nice looker. How do you like the bipod though??? I've had a few and somehow always revert back to the Harris. Although it does have its quirks. I've seen yours around but haven't seen any reviews. It appears to have a much wider and lower center of gravity. How do you think it compares?

Great bipod but pricey. There are about a 1000 reviews of the Atlas in the equipment forum if you do a search.

Do you have the thread on over muzzle break version, or the true QD SAS model? Have you had any problems with accuracy, or threads not being correct on you silencer or mounts?

The only "QD" SAS model I have ever seen is the type where they offer a brake or flash hider with threading at the back/end shoulder near the barrel. I have this type. As for accuracy, as long as I hand tighten it the same way, the POI shift is predictable and what I am generally zero'd at anyway. No issues with threading on any of the guns I have attached it to. I do check with a straight rod on the first mount up to avoid a potential baffle strike. Only gripe I have is after a long string and the can heats up, you may have to retighten. This can lead to BIG issues with it freezing on the mount if you don't use breach plug grease or similar on the threading.

Towards the end of this video he shows the what I guess would be the new true QD model.

Reason I asked about the thread was I had read some post about how the threads were cut incorrectly. They were a few years back, and you know how things spread 3rd or 4th hand on the internet. Figured if there was still problems, then a guy with 6 mounts would have seen them.

Thanks for the info.

No issues with any of mine and I probably have as much invested in mounts as I do the suppressor... Time for another can.

Tried the switch from 69gr SMK's to 69gr Noslers. Have to say it tightened up the groups.