• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SPR build..special thanks to BIGJOE!!!

fokai_zach

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2011
ca, USA
photo3.jpg

Blackwater lower, jd machine charge handle, upper, and low pro gas block, troy ind BUIS,Centurion arms mk12 barrel, OPS INC muzzle, giessele automatics super dynamic enhanced trigger(not installed yet), Houge suregrip,

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

pending optic, mount, and bipod.. Thanks to BigJoe for advise and parts list

Re: SPR build..special thanks to BIGJOE!!!

nice stick man, should be a straight shooter

now im just waiting for you to get back and show me how to shoot this thing

two other cheap things that i like are the gas buster charging handle lever (just the lever, you don't need the whole handle). I also like tear drop forward assists but thats my preference.

Finally Finished...

photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

added Larue spr mount (lt 104)
Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced Trigger
Super Sniper 3-9x42 optic
Harris bipod (brm-s)
A.R.M.S #32 throw lever (joe, i got a good deal for them
wink.gif
)
Magpul PRS stock
PRI Gas buster latch

photo1-1.jpg

now im gonna try and develop a good load using sierra matchking 77gr HPBT, and vihtavouri n-140 powder. any recommendations?

thanks again to big joe!

Blackwater makes lowers? That rollmark is awesome..

Great build you have there. Where did you get the BW at? I am in the process of my build now of collecting all the parts.

My good buddy works at us training center San Diego. He told me
About the special lowers. Call up backwater pro shop and speak with Amy. They look sick.

Thanks for the info. How difficult did you find it to assemble this? Any special tools you needed or was it pretty cut and dry?

Try 24-25 gr of N140 with the 77s

just a multi tool and a mag block for the vice.. you should be good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try 24-25 gr of N140 with the 77s </div></div>

would you happen to have dope for your load? what is your accurate load with the vv n-140

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Here is my load:</span>

77gr. Sierra Matchking
24.4gr. <span style="font-weight: bold">VV N-140</span>
Winchester Brass
Fed. GMM 205M Primer
OAL- 2.255"

Shoots very well for me out of a 18" WOA 1-7 Twist Barrel.

Varget and Win748 shoot a tad better for me than N-140.

what is the point of the small band behind the muzzle break infront of the gas block?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremiah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the point of the small band behind the muzzle break infront of the gas block?</div></div>

Its the collar for the Ops Inc suppressor. The brake has a threaded portion under a protector for the can to attach to.

Nice build! One day I'll have the same barrel that you do; I'm sure it will shoot.

Quick question, would you mic the barrel on the part right in front of the OPS Inc collar? I'm trying to have a barrel contoured right now for a 12th model, and I don't have the specs. I know the gas block is .750", but don't know what size the collar shoulder steps down to.

Nice SPR for sure.

Off topic, but I know a Zach in cali from Guam that's a MMA fighter... Weird... Small world?

Ctone: its .725", and your right the gas block is .750"

the caliper I am using is from harbor freight, so I dont know if you want to trust it..

Thank you much! I was guessing at .725", but it seems only a handful of manufacturers know for sure. The SPR profile that is set up for the OPS Inc 12th has that shoulder for the collar, and the information is proprietary from what I've been told by OPS. When you tell a barrel maker that you want a SPR contour and they have no idea, they want you to draw the specs. I have what I need now.

Thanks again!