• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPR picture thread

IMG_4684.jpeg

As you can see this 18” 6 ARC is a 100% clone correct Mk12.

Nice. I miss my 6 arc. Got specs for it?
-Aero slick side upper
-Magpul Ejection port cover
-Peace Geeks/Unbranded AR ambi lower
-Larue MBT2S
-BKings LPK (actually really nice for the money)
-CMMG ambi mag release
-Magpul MOE grip
-Magpul PRS lite stock, generic buffer tube, spring, and H buffer
-SOLGW Exo 3 15” rail
-Rainier Match 18” bbl
-Aero adjustable GB
-Magpul bipod
-Slate Black handstop
-Odin works Arca rail
-Griffin Micro brake for my Rex MG7K with Plan A hub
-Topped for now with an Arken 4-16 in an Aero ultralight mount and a
-Romeo 5 in an Arisaka offset.

So I took mine apart. New stainless barrel, and new upper and lower receivers. I’m waiting on a parts kit to arrive to finish building it back up. I have a 6-rib Knight’s rail cover inbound as well for the underside of the pic rail. I went with a Rock River National Match 2-stage trigger for now. When the SSA’s go on sale again, I may grab one.

CB13F9E3-E0E9-4DDB-BF80-D388BF1263FA.jpeg

569A2BB6-C9A2-4AF7-B6A0-C9FBB0ECEB15.jpeg

-Aero slick side upper
-Magpul Ejection port cover
-Peace Geeks/Unbranded AR ambi lower
-Larue MBT2S
-BKings LPK (actually really nice for the money)
-CMMG ambi mag release
-Magpul MOE grip
-Magpul PRS lite stock, generic buffer tube, spring, and H buffer
-SOLGW Exo 3 15” rail
-Rainier Match 18” bbl
-Aero adjustable GB
-Magpul bipod
-Slate Black handstop
-Odin works Arca rail
-Griffin Micro brake for my Rex MG7K with Plan A hub
-Topped for now with an Arken 4-16 in an Aero ultralight mount and a
-Romeo 5 in an Arisaka offset.
BKings is good shit. I’ve got 500 rounds of 6ARC waiting for a build. I’m tempted to grab the 18” BA barrel from BKings for $150 to play around with. BA barrel never did me wrong…accurate and quick.

Reactions: danr and Bluedog82
BKings is good shit. I’ve got 500 rounds of 6ARC waiting for a build. I’m tempted to grab the 18” BA barrel from BKings for $150 to play around with. BA barrel never did me wrong…accurate and quick.
Worth a shot. My Rainier isn’t fully broken in yet but seems to be putting 108 ELDMs into an inch or so and costs twice what the BA does.

So I took mine apart. New stainless barrel, and new upper and lower receivers. I’m waiting on a parts kit to arrive to finish building it back up. I have a 6-rib Knight’s rail cover inbound as well for the underside of the pic rail. I went with a Rock River National Match 2-stage trigger for now. When the SSA’s go on sale again, I may grab one.

View attachment 8111968

View attachment 8111969

Honestly, the RRA is about 85-90% of the quality a geissele is.

Reactions: darkfader
Nice build. Currently putting together a 6ARC myself. What issues did you have with your build?
Barrel related QC and cycling. Gas system wasn’t cycling well. I’d recommend a VLTOR A5 system and adjustable gas block. Check the gas port with some pins and you should be good.

Had an undersized gas port on a replacement barrel after rounds were stripping material out of the bore.

Barrel related QC and cycling. Gas system wasn’t cycling well. I’d recommend a VLTOR A5 system and adjustable gas block. Check the gas port with some pins and you should be good.

Had an undersized gas port on a replacement barrel after rounds were stripping material out of the bore.

Glad you got it figured out. My lower has a SOLGW A5 buffer tube and a Vltor A5H2 with their spring that comes in the kit. Also going with a Riflespeed adj gas block. Hopefully everything will work out.

6C73D3D5-5331-48EE-B300-18E461AAD226.jpeg
87569131-DA16-4027-A72B-BC758D0FAAAE.jpeg

Basically finished my 6 ARC. Ready to shoot anyways.

Still want a K2+ or K2 XL grip. Badger Universal Safety to get selector on strong side. And a nice trigger.

Lower parts are Aero with Badger Ordnance Tactical Latch for charging handle.

Pretty happy with fitment on the Cmmg complete 20” upper and Brace Built lower. Zero play

Looking forward to seeing how it does

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluedog82
CIrIXot.jpg

White oak 18” SPR barrel, gessielle SSAE, smoke composites carbon fiber rail.

Come a long way from the SPR upper I picked up from white oak.

No idea about Utah but there are 3 ranges around my area in Alabama that offer them, not to mention the Quantified Performance matches.
I know this post is a few months old, but what ranges in Alabama run those matches? I’m putting together an SPR-ish rifle and would love to shoot an SPR style match.

Last edited:
I know this post is a few months old, but what ranges in Alabama run those matches? I’m putting together an SPR-ish rifle and would love to shoot an SPR style match.
I’m a member of Brock’s Gap (Hoover). We do quarterly DMR matches.

Silver Creek Range (Mobile) also hosts DMR matches. I hope to shoot an SCR DMR match in December if work permits.

I’m a member of Brock’s Gap (Hoover). We do quarterly DMR matches.

Silver Creek Range (Mobile) also hosts DMR matches. I hope to shoot an SCR DMR match in December if work permits.
Thanks! I’m in Huntsville area, so Brock’s Gap would be close enough for a day trip. Are those matches open to non-members?

My CA-legal Mock12 (ignore the grip fin). I love the way the EF-X A1 stock mimics the angles of the Delta forearm. I can't wait to see how this thing runs when I get the Ops Inc brake installed. Also, the TriggerTech 3.5 lb trigger feels like it was made for this gun.

Y7tmHMo.jpg

Don’t be embarrassed by the fin grip these days. Haven’t you heard? The cool way to shoot rifles now is without wrapping your thumb around the grip.

Don’t be embarrassed by the fin grip these days. Haven’t you heard? The cool way to shoot rifles now is without wrapping your thumb around the grip.
I hardly notice it when I'm calling coyotes in the field with it mounted on a tripod. I'll gladly take an ugly featureless rifle over a magazine-locked compliant gun any day.

But this thing is begging for a can and some fresh paint...

Attachments

• PXL_20230305_184020529~2.jpg
    PXL_20230305_184020529~2.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Eggman
Thanks! I’m in Huntsville area, so Brock’s Gap would be close enough for a day trip. Are those matches open to non-members?
Absolutely. Last match was around 17-20 shooters, mostly non-members. Its on Practiscore if you search Brocks Gap DMR.

As @PBWalsh stated the following have DMR matches in and around Alabama

Brock’s Gap Training Center (BGTC) in Hoover, AL has quarterly matches open to member and non members. Registration is in practiscore

Silver Creek (SCR) in Chunchula, AL had quarterly matches open to members and non members. Registration is in practiscore

Steel City Precision (SCP) in Vance, AL is supposed to have DMR matches in the near future. Open to all and registration is in Practiscore

Quantified Performance has single and two day gas gun matches at Arena in Blakely, GA

Reactions: PBWalsh
White Oak 16” SPR barrel
LaRue Stealth upper
AEM5
Colt A2 stock
SSA-E trigger
SOLGW BCG
Radian Raptor
Aero Lower
Badger rings
Credo 2-10x36
Looks excellent. Thinking of doing something similar. But with the Douglas barrel from High Caliber sales and an OCM5.

Reactions: bf2junky
Where in Alabama?

Post #134

Brock’s Gap Training Center (BGTC) in Hoover, AL has quarterly matches open to member and non members. Registration is in practiscore

Silver Creek (SCR) in Chunchula, AL had quarterly matches open to members and non members. Registration is in practiscore

Steel City Precision (SCP) in Vance, AL is supposed to have DMR matches in the near future. Open to all and registration is in Practiscore

Quantified Performance has single and two day gas gun matches at Arena in Blakely, GA

Where in Alabama?

Just a couple posts up:

View attachment 8043586View attachment 8043592
Up Top: Colt LE901 16” 308 monolithic with a 6943 monolithic 5.56 upper & caliber conversion kit.
On Bottom: LWRC M6
shout out for the LW M6 DMR. havent seen another in the wild before. mine has been outstanding out to 500yds with IMI 77. the little scope starts to fall short then

and the BA barrel one, cheap and does what i need it to. both at 1moa if i do my part.

Attachments

• IMG_2480.jpeg
    IMG_2480.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2479.jpeg
    IMG_2479.jpeg
    523.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
My SPR rifles. Both have cans on hold, 6 months waiting now.

GGP set, 16” Proof 308 CF

58C9BDA1-8B62-4046-BF49-7593E18A0F0C.jpeg

GGP set, 16” 223 Wylde Douglas by compass lake. Probably my overall favorite rifle and is in my truck daily on the farm. I just switched it from a Pst ii 3-15 to this Whisky5 recently and really like it on this particular build.
E0B31A7A-363D-4C2C-AC90-468761011468.jpeg

Last edited: