• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes spr scope choices

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
I'm looking for suggestions on optics for a 16" spr build. Im looking for something in the 2-10 range in second focal plane. And I would like something with decent turrets, doesn't really matter mil or moa. And I would like to keep it under $1000.

The only ones that I have really found are the Sig whiskey 5, and Leupold vx-5hd. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I wanna say gen i viper pst 2-10 is 2nd focal plane, but i can't remember for sure. There has been a big shift to ffp, so it may be hard to find what you're looking for. Maybe leupold mk4? They are 3.5-10 though i think.

NF would be the top choice, and should be found at that price range very lightly used. A used Leupold 2.5-8 MK4, or a 3.5-10 would also work, depending on your preferences. An SWFA 3-9 might also fit the bill.

I have a NF on one build, and an SWFA 3.5-15 on another. Both work well.

The nightforce 2-10x32 looks to be about perfect. I was kind of hoping that someone had some good reviews on the whiskey 5. Seems like it has a lot of features at a good price point.

Ive got two of the Vortex PST Gen II 2-10 and love them. Wayyyy better than first gen. FFP. One is on my SPR, an 18" seekins barreled, frankenn-AR.

Now you guys have me thinking about giving a ffp scope another try. I had a ffp scope a few years ago, and I just couldn't get used to the reticle on lower magnification. I use all my rifles for coyote calling, so the lower magnification is a must.

Thanks for all the suggestions, it has definitely given me more options that I didn't think of.