• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Spring air gun recoil on a Pvs 14

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
Well, do you think an air gun would trash out a 14? Wondering if I should just run a laser instead but coupling up to the scope for varmint extermination would be fun as hell. Any thoughts?

I have a 35 year old RWS spring action tack driving .177 pellet air rifle that shoots asprins @ 50 feet, no way would I mount one of my ITT Pinnacle PVS-14s on it.

RWS%2034%20Crow2.jpg

An IR laser would probably work good though. I put a barrel mounted picitanny rail adapter on the barrel in front of the stock of the Ruger, you could do same on an air rifle to mount a laser.

I have used one of my PVS-14s on my scoped RUGER 10-22 and have a LDI LAS/TAC 2 laser on it for nailing armadillos in the garden at night and it works superb on the Ruger!

Olight%20LASTAC%20Torch%20Pro.jpg

Torch%20Pro%20LASTAC%20IR.jpg

Last edited:
Are those the class 1 pistol ir lasers from tnvc? How do you like it and what's the range with it? Will it do 200yds? That's as far as I ever need if I ran it on a rifle. I have a mars ir lasered version site and an aim 2000 dual beam laser for my big guns but would like something for my 22 pistol and rifle. What is the price on those?

not sure i i would mount a thing that pricey on a bb gun,just playing.adult air rifles have a dual recoil to them that a standared rifle dont have if its a springer anyway.better contact the manufacture and see what they say about that one.

Are those the class 1 pistol ir lasers from tnvc? How do you like it and what's the range with it? Will it do 200yds? That's as far as I ever need if I ran it on a rifle. I have a mars ir lasered version site and an aim 2000 dual beam laser for my big guns but would like something for my 22 pistol and rifle. What is the price on those?

Yes, that is the TNVC LAS/TAC2 pistol laser on a rifle.

The 0.1mW laser actually works better than the 0.7mW laser IMHO due to much less bloom, range is identical:

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20NO%20Filter%2030%20Yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20175%20Yards%20NO%20Filter.jpg

http://tnvc.com/shop/ldi-lastac-2-class-1-ir-pistol-laser/

Last edited:
I once put a Gen1 Russian military NV scope on a spring powered airgun. It broke it.

Spring airguns will break scopes that work fine on .308 platforms, the recoil characteristics are totally different.