• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spring ASC Results

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
1st Place Tim "Moon" Roberts
2nd Place Dan Wolfe
3rd Place Pete Pi Jr
4th Place Jerod Joplin
5th Place Jason Burnette

The Match was outstanding as usual. Great wind to make it challenging for all. Only rained a little.

Thanks to Rod and John and Brock and all the other mountain help for putting on another great experience. Thanks Again.

Re: Spring ASC Results

Look at Moon with the strong finish!!!

Does this mean my rifle just increased in value b/c Moon built it???
grin.gif

Good job everybody, I hope to make this match one year...

Moon was a machine all day! He had only a few (<30 I think) rounds on the rifle and just used the dope card to procede to whip butt, even when the guy that called his adjustments left when he meant right.
wink.gif

He also taught me that a 7WSM has exactly half the wind as a 308!

Thanks to all involved Especially the GAP crew For making my weekend with my son great. And a thanks goes to the PA crew that provided the rifle my son was shooting as last years prize.

All are TOP SHELF men!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Moon with the strong finish!!!

grin.gif

Good job everybody, I hope to make this match one year... </div></div>

NO because george built moons rifle!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr_hurricane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Moon with the strong finish!!!

grin.gif

NO because george built moons rifle!! </div></div>

ROFL!
laugh.gif

Here is a good pic from the match:

100_0024.jpg

Thanks for posting this, guy's.
Looks like you had a great time.

I will always be grateful for Jon/Rod/Brock allowing my dumb ass on the mountain for the Winter 07' match. They are fine folks.
Good to see it is still running!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a good pic from the match:

100_0024.jpg
</div></div>

MMMMMM....this scotch is the best
sick.gif

Well from the photos I saw they did slug a favor by not posting the rest.............That was some funny stuff for sure.
Slug.........can't say enough about you guys. Thanks for the good time.

James took a lot of photos while he was with us on day one but missed day two. I'll try to get them from him so I can post them.

Congrats Moon for whipp'n our ass!

My only regret is having to leave. I think we should do a week long deal with beer and beef all week.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a good pic from the match:

100_0024.jpg
</div></div>

Hey George, either he had a hard night or a BAD match.

Tell Moon Congrs.

JJ,
Damn, he's just lucky I don't have the heart to post the thinking man picture.

It was a pleasure shooting with you and the guys. Hope to do it
again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scimitar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JJ,
Damn, he's just lucky I don't have the heart to post the thinking man picture.

It was a pleasure shooting with you and the guys. Hope to do it
again. </div></div>

Bro- If that pic is what I think it is please email to me. We need some graphics for our new team shirt and Slug dropping a few of his "homemade bullets" in the x-ring might be the ticket!!

Thinking Man picture best not make it out jackasses.

Final Results posted on the Practical Marksman by Rod
Tim R 36
Dan W 39
Pete P 42
Jered J 43
Jason Bu 46
Daniel B 46 Don't know how you managed to shoot at all, unless
somebody did a photoshop job on you!!!!
Chuck B 48 Did you prod your brother into drinking that scotch?
George G 50
Seth R 53
Craig P 53
David B 53
Jon L 56
Marc H 57
Ed S 57
James V 57
Jason Ba 60
Clark K 60
Sang N 61
Charlie M 63
Mike O 64
Mark K 65
Dylan H 67
Johnny 68
Brad L 71
Lisa R 74
Laura S 77
Ron B 78
Ian K 78
Arnie B 79
Larry B 80
Jerry M 81
Tony Y 90
Jesse S 92
Bill P 97

Top Ten by Caliber for those of you dying to know

Tim R 36 7mm WSM 180 Berger
Dan W 39 260 Rem ??
Pete P 42 7mm WSM 180 Berger
Jered J 43 7mm WSM 180 Berger
Jason Bu 46 243 Win 115 Dtac
Daniel B 46 7mm WSM 180 Berger
Chuck B 48 7mm WSM 180 Berger
George G 50 7mm WSM 180 Berger
Seth R 53 6.5x47 Lapua 139 Scenar
Craig P 53 7mm-08 162 Amax

Jon Lester was 12th Place with a 308 so give him some congrats as well

Quote:

<span style="font-weight: bold">"It should be illegal to shot a 308 past 800 yards"</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Shannon Kay</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr_hurricane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Moon with the strong finish!!!

grin.gif

NO because george built moons rifle!! </div></div>

Nope, Moon built his own. But he normally lets Kerry do his smithing.

It was a hell of a match. Wind was wild for sure. As JJ had mentioned I took a ton of pics and will get them to him later today. Had to get home after dinner on Saturday for some family issues but honestly wish I could have been there for day 2...

I can honestly say that they are all a great group of guys and gals that put on 1 hell of a match. I'm still not sure how I drove straight home after all the Beef...

Congrats to Moon!! I think everyone knew after day 1 his score was going to be tough to beat...

Photos to follow shortly!!
wink.gif

George,
What bullet were most of the WSM shooters using? I remember you saying a while back that the 7 WSM is the round of choice if you need to get to 1000 w alot of "ass" left. Will never forget that.

Shoo Fly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jason Bu 46 7mm WSM
</div></div>

George ... pretty sure this one was a .243 Win w/ 115 DTACs (hBN)

Congrats to all! I here the conditions on the first day were rough, to say the least. I am proud of Brad for hanging in there and showing a good finish.

And, Slug, Brad told me how you introduced yourself to him, not sure if you remember that...pretty funny!!

Seems everyone had a great time as always.

I would say conditions on day two were far worse. I think there were winds recorded up to 22 mph on day 1 and up to 35 on day 2. It averaged around 20 on top for day 2. It very seldom dropped below 18.

Well then I should be even more proud of Brad, because I think he finished only a few points behind the winner on day 2. Either way, he does do fairly well for a 15 y/o.

I was getting 30+ mph readings on my Kestrel several times throughout the day on day 1 as we were navigating our way down the front side of the mountain.

Both days had winds that made shooting "sporting" to say the least. Was a learning experience for me for sure. Last Aug we didn't have any winds that were close to that. Mom, I don't remember what I said to Brad
grin.gif
But I did remember him from last year. Kinda hard to mistake him when he's standing next to John.

Yea, I was shooting a GAP 243 with hbn coated 115's at 3100fps. Someday I may step up to the big 7wsm, but for now my little 243 is doing OK. The points I dropped where my fault, not the guns.

Big thanks to John, Rod, Brock, and the fellow that sacrificed the honda to the mtn gods. As always I had a freaking BLAST!!

Slug....they need to see the other photos.

Oh....I got a decent photo of Jered and a water bottle too.....
grin.gif

Competitor number Name page 1 (field) page 2 (hollow) Total Caliber Rifle
Chris Ostwald (Yetti) 0
Silas 0
Tim Roberts 21 15 36 7 WSM GAP 1
19 Dan Wolfe 21 18 39 260 Rem Buckeye Gunworks Rem 700 2
30 Peter Pi 29 13 42 7 WSM APA 3
Jered Joplin 29 14 43 7 WSM APA 4
Jason Burnette 30 16 46 243 WIN GAP Rem 700 5
Daniel Barham 29 17 46 7 WSM GAP 5
Chuck Barham 23 25 48 7 WSM 7
George Gardner 36 14 50 7 WSM GAP 8
16 Seth Ritzman 37 16 53 6.5x47 GAP Rem 700 9
Craig Peyton 38 15 53 7MM-08 Long Shot Rifles Win M70 9
David Barham 28 25 53 7 WSM 9
Jon Lester 56 308 WIN GAP 12
22 Marc Hinther 31 26 57 300 Win Mag NV Gun Works 13
20 Ed Shell 33 24 57 6.5x284 GAP 13
James Ventrie 36 21 57 6XC Surgeon Rifles 13
Jason Baney 39 21 60 GAP 16
Clark Kennedy 39 21 60 260 GAP 16
Sang Nguyen 45 16 61 260AI GAP 18
Charlie Mitzenfield 63 19
Mike 40 24 64 20
18 Mark Kerneyi 43 22 65 7mm SAUM Rem 700 Sendaro 21
23 Dylan Hinther 46 21 67 308 FN SPR 22
Johnny 47 21 68 23
Brad Lester 54 17 71 308 Patriot Arms Rem 700 24
17 Lisa Ritzman 49 25 74 6.5x47 Patriot Arms Rem 700 25
21 Laura Shell 48 29 77 243 GAP 26
Ron Burnette 78 GAP 27
Ian Kenney 51 27 78 27
Arnie Bailey 55 24 79 29
Larry Baney 50 30 80 30
19 Jerry Muller 65 16 81 7 Rem Mag Custom 700 31
Tony Y 56 34 90 30-338 Weatherby 32
Jessie 58 34 92 33
Bill Prudden 65 32 97 34

155 lapuas.
Had I not shot the "Got dots" out of order the 308 would have caried me in to the top 10. But just like the shot with my old dope on the scope, a lot of the misses were my own mental mistakes. Day 2 improved but the soon to be 15 year old son with a 308 pushed me hard! I only edged him out by 1 on that COF.

Again thanks to all that were there, especially George, who gave me a 4.5 mill wind call leading to a first round hit at one of the real long ones!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But just like the shot with my old dope on the scope</div></div>

Join the club! I tacked on 6 points to my score for my own mistakes. On the top of the mountain I left .5 Mils of wind dialed and forgot to zero it out for 2 or 3 shots.

I only snapped a few with the Phone

Brad in the hide
IMG00004.jpg

IMG00002.jpg

Sang Setting unsupported uphill
IMG00005-1.jpg

Brad setting unsupported uphill
IMG00007.jpg

I'm not sure why Caver was back'n up on my soda bottle but I had to post.
IMG_0887.jpg

Pete showed up with a little pink on his rifle. Not sure how or why that happened but we did take the opportunity to photograph it.
IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0885-2.jpg

IMG_0881-1.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

payback is a bitch
smile.gif

Its always a non stop barrel of laughs when I am around Jered. This has been going on between us two for several years now. Seems like I started it when I got a few photos of him in a compromising situation in the woods at ASC
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good ol'Jered just laid there and took it.......as always
smile.gif

100_0249.jpg
</div></div>

LMFAO!!! Not sure how I missed that but Even Pete was giving it a Thumbs Up!!!