• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Springfield 1911 Professional FBI Light rail

scifri44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
I just received my Pro today from Scottsdale Gun Club here in AZ. I was very excited when they called me today to let me know its in ! I was stocked because , I wasn't expecting this gun to be done until the summer . I was like "wow thats awesome" ! And it was Completed and Test fired on 02/15/2012

And just to let you guys know . There are two left ! So, call them up and have them reserve one for you . I promise , they will be gone soon !

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

Re: Springfield 1911 Professional FBI Light rail

What do the professionals run price wise?

They now have one left!

Such a beautiful Pistol, congrats on your purchase.

Blackops , they run usually between $2600 to $2700.

Frankythefly , wow ! That was really fast! They told that they haven't had any Pros since early 2010 . Comes to show how people really love this particular pistol . And thanks bud !

Very nice find man it is indeed a beautiful 1911. So Springfield's custom shop isn't doing professionals anymore?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice find man it is indeed a beautiful 1911. So Springfield's custom shop isn't doing professionals anymore? </div></div>

The non railed version is the "Professional" model

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The non railed version is the "Professional" model</div></div>

Oh i see, but they're still taking orders on proffesionals and the FBI light rail version as well right?

Very nice, you'll love it. I have mine (non rail) & that's the most fun pistol to shoot!

They do , but the big problem is wait ... Which was about 14 months for me !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a good read on the Pro's: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40176

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_144_24/ai_57886947/?tag=mantle_skin;content</div></div>

Good reads, makes me want one. I had planned on getting a MC operator and sending it back to SA custom for a Black armory coat finish on the bottom, but i'm really taking a liking to the Back-T finish much more than the armory. Going to have to send it off whenever i can get one.

Am I the only one a little surprised that a $3,000 pistol came with a set of grips that cost about 15 cents? I also think it really looks like shit to have a magwell installed on a gun with grips that aren't cut to cover the mainspring housing pin. Obviously these are minor issues as the fit of the pistol is really what matters, but it's pretty disappointing to see them focus on the really important stuff to the exclusion of the minor details that really finish the package.

I'm also kinda surprised to see that they use the same thumb safety on the Pro as they do on the lesser guns (my EMP has the same one). I guess it's somewhat unreasonable to expect them to use another company's parts, but there are definitely some nicer thumb safeties out there.

The shaved slide stop is a really nice touch, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one a little surprised that a $3,000 pistol came with a set of grips that cost about 15 cents? I also think it really looks like shit to have a magwell installed on a gun with grips that aren't cut to cover the mainspring housing pin ...

I'm also kinda surprised to see that they use the same thumb safety on the Pro as they do on the lesser guns (my EMP has the same one) ...

The shaved slide stop is a really nice touch, though. </div></div>

Grips: I agree.

Thumb safety: I thought they picked those up from Wilson for the Professional?

Slide stop nubbin: Never though that it was more than an appearance thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thumb safety: I thought they picked those up from Wilson for the Professional?

Slide stop nubbin: Never though that it was more than an appearance thing. </div></div>

That is a Springfield Armory thumb safety. They're the only ones I know of with the front of the safety sloped like that. They're not a bad part, but they're certainly not a King or Brown. I've never used a Wilson thumb safety so I'm not sure what they look like.

I suppose it is theoretically possible to induce a malfunction by pushing on the slide stop, but considering the inner portion would hit the inside of the slide, it's hard to fathom how it could happen unless the slide was cycling at the same time. It is another useless part sticking out to snag though, so I don't see any real harm in shaving it off. And it does kinda look cool.

Great Pro OP you have there, but it needs an x300 hanging off the front.

Wilson is the spec'd TS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The non railed version is the "Professional" model</div></div>

Oh i see, but they're still taking orders on proffesionals and the FBI light rail version as well right? </div></div>

Correct sir

Listed below are the specifications straight from Deb for the Pro and Pro Light Rail.

PC9111: Professional 1911-A1, .45ACP
Features:

* Custom fit slide to national match frame
* Custom fit match barrel & bushing
* Polished feed ramp & fully throated barrel
* Springfield Custom tool steel match hammer & sear
* Fitted speed trigger w/custom tuned 4 ½ lb. trigger pull
* Tuned for total reliability
* Lowered & flared ejection port
* Tuned & polished extractor
* Standard 1911-A1 recoil spring guide
* Custom fitted beavertail grip safety
* Custom fitted ambidextrous thumb safety
* Low mount Novak rear sight w/matching dovetail front sight
* 3 dot tritium inserts in sights
* Custom fit S&A magazine well, matched to bevel on frame
* Hand checkered 20LPI front strap checkering
* Checkered Cocobolo grips
* “Carry Bevel” complete pistol
* “Black T” finish complete pistol
* 6- 7 round magazines w/slam pads
* “Professional” model markings on slide

PC9111LR: Professional Light Rail 1911-A1
Features:

* Custom fit slide to national match frame
* Integral short light rail in frame
* Custom fit match barrel & bushing
* Polished feed ramp & fully throated barrel
* Springfield Custom tool steel match hammer & sear
* Fitted speed trigger w/custom tuned 4 ½ lb. trigger pull
* Tuned for total reliability
* Lowered & flared ejection port
* Tuned & polished extractor
* Standard 1911-A1 recoil spring guide
* Custom fitted beavertail grip safety
* Custom fitted ambidextrous thumb safety
* Low mount Novak rear sight w/matching dovetail front sight
* 3 dot tritium inserts in sights
* Custom fit S&A magazine well, matched to bevel on frame
* Hand checkered 20LPI front strap checkering
* Checkered Cocobolo grips
* “Carry Bevel” complete pistol
* 6-7rd magazines w/slam pads
* “Operator” model markings on slide

Deb
Springfield Custom
Springfield Inc.
420 West Main St.
Geneseo, IL 61254
800-680-6866, ext. 8920
800-617-6751
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Damn that is a nice rig can I ask how much those are going for now

Between $2500 to $2700 , pending where you get them.

You can get a full custom 1911 for $2500. That is a complete rip off.

Dig mine as well.
Runs like a Champ every time, all the time...

photo-10.jpg

photo-41.jpg

YMMV....

I just got a TRP with the light rail and a IWB holster from Rocky at Purekustomholsters. Super nice rig. What are you guys running for holsters?
IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

78steeler,

NIce blaster & rig.

I run a BladeTech IWB. Happy with it in all my AO's etc.

solid looking guns! One day i'll get a TRP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a full custom 1911 for $2500. That is a complete rip off. </div></div> As for the "15 cent grips" and them being over priced; Some of us have several sets of grips and everyone has their own preference as to what "fits" their hand. I have several Springfield Pros and will admit that I was "NOT" a Springfield fan, however these pistols and others out of their Custom Shop are superbly built and also come with customer service and warranty that is second to none. I also have Wilson's, NightHawks, and have found them to be in the same boat as far as customer service and quality of build. Any maker can claim that their pistol can hold certain accuracy requirements and withstand abuse. The Springfield Professional proved it in outside testing. A full Custom 1911 at $2500? Add up the parts and build labor. It gets real expensive real fast. Anthony Also I do agree on the safety and had them install a Wilson "Bulletproof" single side while I had 1 in for the safety touching the plunger tube. Much nicer now!

I didn't say that they weren't good guns, but $2500 is a rip off for a gun from a major gun manufacturer. If I pay that much, I want to know my 'smith's name. Call it personal preference.

But what do I know, I'm still shooting the crap out of my $700 1911s, and too cheap to send two of them off for checkering.

Then again, every time I want to spend money on more guns, I just buy bullets and load ammo.

The guns are made for the FBI, PER THEIR SPECS. And they don't give a rats ass who likes their coco bolo grips. FBI contract wants it. This 1911 is the most difficult pistol on the market to find and own. I have NIGHTHAWKS AND BROWNS and my SA PRO is my favorite.

It really doesn't matter if you understand this weapon, enough people do to make it real hard to find. Winning that contract demonstrated unparalleled reliability and performance. It was like winning the All -Star game and being MVP.

Great guns. I took off my cocobolo grips and put on Hogues. I have used DeSantis 85 and 89 and Don Hume (sp?).

Congrats! I previously had a Springfield Customshop Fullrail Operator in 9mm. Fantastically built gun.