• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield Operator Hammer Problem

sayrepagel

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2005
TX
Recently bought a new Springfield Operator Lightweight to carry through the sheriff's academy. The gun functioned perfectly for the first 1000 rounds of ammo. We were at the range and I noticed the hammer following the slide forward. I gave it to our armorer and we took it apart and he diagnosed the hammer teeth to be cut incorrectly from the factory, which was causing the sear to slip of the hammer hook . He showed me the angle through a magnifying glass and you can see the hammer hooks almost seem rounded off. I ordered a cylinder and slide hammer, sear, and disconnect set. I contacted springfield and obviously they were cool and wanted me to send the gun back to them, but I don't have that kind of time. Just a heads up to hidemembers whose lives depend on this gun.

Re: Springfield Operator Hammer Problem

Wow, why not just a whole complete backup firearm if you are going to go as far as that. You may be voiding your warranty with that also. I would have sent it back to springfield

I'll take Springfield over a Kimber II anyday of the week, but it's still a production piece, and priced as such, IMHO all 1911 internals need to forged fitted and installed by someone who knows WTF there doing, C&S is good stuff, and step in the right direction.

The mechanic- cylinder and slide is the company name for the hammer, sear, and disconnect. Not even close to buying a whole new gun, but I will let you know how the parts fit once installed.

I am familiar with Cylinder and Slide. Yes they make top quality parts, yes they require professional fitting, yes they will work great and make your pistol even better then stock. My only concern is you say to just bought it. Fitted from cylinder and slide could run you $1K and may take longer from C&S but it is your money. If I had a problem with my Nighthawk I would have sent it back to Nighthawk. Springfield also does some kick ass customizing from what I have heard from 2 friends who have custom guns from them.

the armorer at the sheriff's office will be fitting the parts. 1 day, $0. Stay tuned for a report on how the parts turn out.

I'd still send send it back to Springfield for that. I had an ejector crack on mine and I called them up and they were great fixing it. While I sent mine in I had some extra work done at the Custom Shop there and I loved how it turned out. (Nowlin Barrel fitted, Checkering, Carry Bevel and Trigger Job).

I wouldn't want you to open yourself up to a lawsuit for the modification. Or at least make sure that your Sheriff/ Cheif Deputy is OK with the armor doing it for you. I would expect that they would but I'd make sure just in case.

Any reason you didnt opt for the TRP series or did you want to keep the weight down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fitted from cylinder and slide could run you $1K and may take longer from C&S but it is your money.</div></div>

A $1,000 trigger job should operate telepathically.

jpmuscle- just trying to keep the weight down. love the TRP though, great pistol.

misread it at first thinking it was a barrel, slide, and trigger pieces and parts fitted from Cylinder and Slide. My bad.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fitted from cylinder and slide could run you $1K and may take longer from C&S but it is your money.</div></div>

A $1,000 trigger job should operate telepathically.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">misread it at first thinking it was a barrel, slide, and trigger pieces and parts fitted from Cylinder and Slide. My bad.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fitted from cylinder and slide could run you $1K and may take longer from C&S but it is your money.</div></div>

A $1,000 trigger job should operate telepathically.</div></div> </div></div>

Darn! I wanted a telepathic trigger.

You would still flinch
smile.gif

Got the parts in and they work great. trigger pulls right at 4.55 pounds. the trigger breaks very clean and there is very little creep. this is the link to the set that was installed http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=165545 . the armorer said he had to take a little metal off of the thumb safety for correct fit.