• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield Saint ATC Elite Review

I did kit my gun out the same as my SPR and found the chassis weighs only .5 more lbs than a Radian M1.

A late reply but I thought I'd add some data points for comparison's sake because I was upstairs and I remembered I wanted to weigh the two.

My SPR weighs 11 lbs 4 oz, that's with the total system including the CAL. I weighed the SA ATC that I had reviewed as I had it set up with the CAL bipod, Badger mount, and Burris RT25 and it came in at 12 lbs 5.5 oz.
So, it's not quite a 2 pound difference but my SPR is still 17.5 oz lighter and that's with more "stuff" on it like a heavier upper receiver (Vltor MUR 1A is +1.35 oz) and a heavier optic (Nightforce 4-16X42 is +5.5 oz). Not to mention rail covers and back up iron sights, which the ATC didn't have.

If I made some adjustments to make it more apples to apples such as using the Burris optic and swapping upper receivers for a standard flat top, my SPR would end up being lighter still, with a delta of 26.5 oz.

Long story short, the ATC is a heavy bitch no matter how you slice it and it's why I nicknamed it Fat Amy at the range.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
This rifle taught me something about myself. I always thought I was a function over form person, don't really care what it looks like if it works well.
Then I saw this abomination.
Turns out I care more about looks than I like to admit.
There’s no shame in admitting that the SOPMOD Block II with a FSP is the most aesthetic rifle out there. But something had to be at the other end of the spectrum, and Springfield enthusiastically filled that spot.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyTheTiger