• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield Waypoint VS Aero Solus

I like the idea of building something new that doesn’t already exist. Whether based off a Solus or Origin or maybe something else. Get a good barrel chambered by a good smith. Pop it in the chassis or stock of your own preference and voila! Your own custom precision rifle.

Reactions: FuhQ
Tikka T3X Tac A1 over the Springfield all day every day. If you don't mind the fact that it's a heavy pig.

That's great..
But the Waypoint comes complete. No shopping for parts or assembly and for less than 2300$

If you're like me, you'll throw away the trigger at the very least.

$700 action, $500 pre-fit, $300 bottom metal, and a $700 alg stock puts you at the same price. I'm going to leave the $300 trigger out because I'm installing that in either rifle.

It also opens up the door to 10x more companies doing origin pre-fits. Because barrels need replacing more often than we'd like.

The first thing I do with any new rifle is break it down, check it over, and clean/grease/oil. I guess I don't care that it might take me an hour of garage tinkering to screw in the barrel and check headspace, install trigger, tweak trigger, check stock or chassis fitment, etc.

I'd rather gamble on a pre-fit barrel I can change easily, than a Springfield barrel myself.

So it's all a moot point. There's options for a reason and nobody is crazy for not wanting a complete assembled rifle.

So I guess, I shouldn't ask if I should by a SA 2020? Pawn shop guy almost got me....and a Tijicon to boot. Came here for research and I'll say the last 15 minutes of reading have been entertaining but now I feel even further away from buying a rifle. Now off to more research. Sorry to resurrect an old thread. 😂😆

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and have decided to get a Hunter Rifle Setup going. Not looking to break to the bank, but came across the Springfield Armory Waypoint rifles and from what I see on youtube etc steel barrel 6.5 , they appear to be pretty decent for the price, and come with a carbon fiber stock. I was also looking at a barreled action of the Aero Solus and then putting it in a Greyboe Phoenix 2, or the same AG Hunter Adjustable Stock to give me a lightweight stock option as well.

Any opinions as to one being significantly better than the other? Any features that are a must have versus the other? Cost being relatively equal what are your thoughts.
My CF wrapped waypoint shoots .5 moa with 168s, I’m happy