• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision SPRS Scope

Phantom223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2012
Oklahoma
Is anyone out there using one of the SPRS 4X or 6X scopes? I can't find any user feedback on the forums I visit and am considering buying a new NV scope soon.I 've owned several 740's and a 760 scope but the L3 tube in the SPRS would be nice for larger cal shooting.

I currently have the SPRS 4X mounted on a 6.8, and it works exactly as my 740 did. The 740 worked very well, but I got a bug to try the SPRS when it came out and I did.

The location of the various adjustment knobs is better than with the 740 and the weight is slightly less, allthough after carrying it any distance you still know it is heavy.

After it is all said and done they are a very close match. Both have very clear pictures and do a great job.

I am "OFCOURSE" biased as I sell the SPRS but some of the things I like over the 740 is

A. Aluminium body vs plastic (found on later 740s).

B. Variable gain standard.

C. Better eyepiece that doesn't have the outer quarter distortion that the 740 has.

D. Better reticle construction.

E. Nitrogen Purging standard.

F. Broader range of tube selection (ITT, L-3 flimed or unflimed and the ICT Evolution RC tube which is the only tube with ARC and EDR on the market today) as an option.

These might sound like I am splitting hairs or nit picking the competition but when you plunking down this kinda cash ya want the best!