• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SPUHR Mount - Replacement Clamping Screws - Where to Find?

jab00

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2017
Need some help finding a source for a couple replacement Clamping screws (M5 Tx 20) for my Sphur mount.

I had a “idiot” moment just now while mounting my scope and forgot to check which bit I had in my driver and stripped two screws with a T15 bit.

Is The thread pitch something that I’d be able to find at Home Depot in the M5 fastener tray?

Not a problem if you use the right Torx head

@jab00 Mile High Shooting Accessories will hook you up

Thanks - I’ll fully admit that I literally “screwed up” by moving too quickly and not double checking the bit more carefully before I started tightening. I should have stopped and checked when the first screw felt a little funny when the torque limiter clicked.

it’s definitely a lesson learned for the future

Thanks - I’ll fully admit that I literally “screwed up” by moving too quickly and not double checking the bit more carefully before I started tightening. I should have stopped and checked when the first screw felt a little funny when the torque limiter clicked.

Yeah most people mess them up by using a T15, when it’s actually a T20

Reactions: jab00

I did the same thing with my first Spuhr mount. I called Mile High and they were awesome. They sent a half dozen new screws at no charge as a warranty repair.

Reactions: jab00
Yeah most people mess them up by using a T15, when it’s actually a T20

Those look like the ring screws vs the clamping screws for the base. What I need is the M5x25mm screws

Attachments

• FB96F629-A0F7-4CBA-B15F-E6B87FB5065B.jpeg
    FB96F629-A0F7-4CBA-B15F-E6B87FB5065B.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 59
I did the same thing with my first Spuhr mount. I called Mile High and they were awesome. They sent a half dozen new screws at no charge as a warranty repair.

I’ll give Mile High a call tomorrow. After looking at all four screw heads, I’m going to need to replace all of them. I’m also thinking that my torque limiter may be out of spec since the last two screws were done with a T20 and those heads are damaged as well

Last edited:
I called Mile High this morning and they did, indeed, take care of me by shipping out a set of replacement mounting screws right away.