• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spuhr picatinny rail height measurements

ocabj

Unsponsored
Minuteman
I was on the Spuhr site - https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/accessories/rails/ - and it wasn't clear on where the height measurements are taken for the rails (no schematics for any of the rails)

If it says height of 10mm, 14mm, etc., is that measurement taken from the bottom of the rail to the very top of the rail, or is that from the bottom of the rail to the bottom of the picatinny rail groove?

Thanks.

Check out mile high shooting website. Each spuhr mount is shown with corresponding heights and where they are measured from.

Man I can’t find it now. I swear I just looked yesterday and one of the spuhr mounts had a picture that showed the measurement from the centerline of the cross bolt to the center of the scope body

Man I can’t find it now. I swear I just looked yesterday and one of the spuhr mounts had a picture that showed the measurement from the centerline of the cross bolt to the center of the scope body
Not sure how the scope body has anything to do with the rail height measurement I'm asking about.

Misread your first post. Thought you were looking for mount heights. Didn’t know spuhr made rails. Good luck with your search

I was on the Spuhr site - https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/accessories/rails/ - and it wasn't clear on where the height measurements are taken for the rails (no schematics for any of the rails)

If it says height of 10mm, 14mm, etc., is that measurement taken from the bottom of the rail to the very top of the rail, or is that from the bottom of the rail to the bottom of the picatinny rail groove?

Thanks.
If you compare one of the lowest height accessory rails to the 1913 specification you'll see that there is a minimum .367" clearance required from the bottom to the top of the rail. Given this looks roughly the same as the product I linked, it would make sense to me that the height numbers are all to the top of the rail in the manufacturer's height specification.

Call Mile High. In my experience, those guys bend over backwards to be helpful and the people I’ve spoken with there know the product well. Better to remove all guess work.

I ended up getting one sight unseen. The measurement spec advertised by Spuhr is from the bottom of the rail to the very top (top of groove).

Attachments

• Ocab-20210827-145041-1200.jpg
    Ocab-20210827-145041-1200.jpg
    796.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: