• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spuhr Warranty

sniper79_98

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2009
USA
Good afternoon,

I have a Spuhr mount that was given to me. It’s an awesome mount but, I was wondering what (if any) warranty came with the mount?

Mile High Shooting will take care of you if you have a problem with it. Just don’t over torque the screws, @lowlight has a Spuhr video on YouTube

The crossbar on mine cracked. Mile high provided a new bar and new screws free of charge. I was not original owner and no idea where mount was originally purchased. And they knew this before helping me

That’s AWESOME news. It was my number one concern and the reason I was hesitant to buy a used one for myself.

Spuhr resigned the crossbar and beefed it up with a thicker crossbar that Mile High (Who is Great) will replace the broken one with. I had to replace and Cerakote the new one to match my FDE version. Also, the new beefier crossbar I don’t think, will have the same malfunction as the older one, if one breaks. They’re pretty thick.

Spuhr resigned the crossbar and beefed it up with a thicker crossbar that Mile High (Who is Great) will replace the broken one with. I had to replace and Cerakote the new one to match my FDE version. Also, the new beefier crossbar I don’t think, will have the same malfunction as the older one, if one breaks. They’re pretty thick.
Like this one…?
DB43A7A8-6FFE-4844-8916-F71D70C41CBD.jpeg
F2C9E205-C64F-4E57-A290-B65266C7EC5A.jpeg

Oh crap…that’s the beefed up one?…Cracked too?

Disregard all after hello…
My thread

Reactions: cschastain2
The crossbar on mine cracked. Mile high provided a new bar and new screws free of charge. I was not original owner and no idea where mount was originally purchased. And they knew this before helping me
Same, Spuhr answered my email within a few hours, and I had the replacement in a week. I had two 36mm mounts, one side plate cracked, one hadn't. Sent out two anyway.
Cheers
Pete

My thread

Good Thread there!

Reactions: hafejd30
The trick to scope mounting is tightening til you hear a small snap or feel the scope tube crush in just a bit. Then back off a 1/4 turn. Never had one slide…ever

Follow me for more scope mounting tips!

I thought the secret was the use foot lbs instead of inch

Funny enough back when I was a total n00b many years ago I did something like this. Managed to bend steel Badger USMC rings.

Funny thing is the Steiner M5 I was trying to mount turned out just fine, just some ring marks. That scope is still in use today on my wife's rifle.

Funny enough back when I was a total n00b many years ago I did something like this. Managed to bend steel Badger USMC rings.

Funny thing is the Steiner M5 I was trying to mount turned out just fine, just some ring marks. That scope is still in use today on my wife's rifle.

No nf could have survived that 🤣

I have 3 spuhr mounts and a I break everything down and re torque them a few times a year. Zero issues.

I must be lucky

I must be lucky too. Probably mounted over 100 optics in spurs on rifles and never had an issue.

I go though the pattern and just slightly tighten all the bolts. And gradually torque up to spec. When removing I also don't losen one bolt all the way at a time. Maybe quarter turn ish at first on each one. Half turn second time through, and then all mostly loose to all the way on third pass. This keeps all the tension from building on one bolt or screw. Never broke a cap or clamp doing it this way on install or renoval. Maybe overkill, but it's a process that's worked for me.

I must be lucky too. Probably mounted over 100 optics in spurs on rifles and never had an issue.

I go though the pattern and just slightly tighten all the bolts. And gradually torque up to spec. When removing I also don't losen one bolt all the way at a time. Maybe quarter turn ish at first on each one. Half turn second time through, and then all mostly loose to all the way on third pass. This keeps all the tension from building on one bolt or screw. Never broke a cap or clamp doing it this way on install or renoval. Maybe overkill, but it's a process that's worked for me.

Yea I got like 6 currently but have owned probably over a dozen with heaven knows how many scope swaps as I like to play scope of the month 🤣... Fingers crossed I have yet to crack one or have a scope slip

came across this old post when searching similar issue with my Sphur mount.
I had mine a couple of years ago, and I was aware of this cracking issue but I thought I was lucky until today. The side plate of my Sphur just cracked the same way as others have shown here. I did not even touch the screw and the plate just cracked. I guess this will eventually happen when the metal is under stress for a long time?? either way, I'm disappointed and I'm reaching out to Sphur for a replacement. Hopefully this will be resolved properly

IMG_6828.jpeg

Update: Milehigh came back to me quickly. no question asked, and I'm getting a replacement side clamp. I hope this one lasts longer.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: carbonbased
Shoot an email to Mile High Shooting. They will take care of you. Great people

Reactions: Ichi
Zero reason to run a spuhr unless you need 32 gadgets attached.

Nightforce and ZCO are the way
I've had all the go to mounts and the zco is what I like best. I do like the mbrace but they are just too dang heavy and bulky for me, especially when running something on top. Zco is much better imo

Reactions: BurtG