• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SR 25 or REPR

BOL556

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
Looking into getting either the SR 25 or the REPR. SR 25 EM I have read that is kinda weird about what ammo you use. Heard some compliants of small parts breaking and being a pain in the butt to replace. Other than those 2 things mentioned havent heard anything else wrong with the SR 25. REPR; Almost for the same price as the SR 25 however, I maybe able to get the 20" complete rifle along with the 16" upper so I can have both a long distance and close range platform. Other factor mainly to me is one is gas piston and the other not. I shoot suppressed most of the time so I have seen in my suppressed RRA tactical entry that after about 40 rounds the upper receiver is dirty way to fast. If anyone can think of any other pro or cons between the weapons platform please inform me. I am looking to get either one in the next 2 or less months.

Thanks for the feedback in advance

Re: SR 25 or REPR

I vote the REPR, purely for the opportunity to have two distinct styles CQB and long range on one platform. That and they are built like tanks.

You kinda answered your own question brother. . .you seem to want a short and a separate LR upper, and you said you shoot mostly supressed. I think if you read around you should probably be debating the REPR with say a POF or something more similar. You don't really need the poll, a lot of the more experienced guys (the oppinions you want) don't really respond to them all that often. That being said, good luck with your new semi .308, they are a ton of fun and reasonably versatile with the right platform.

if you get a REPR, ur gonna be pissed you didn't get the SR... but that side charge don't work for me, pullin that stick out of the eberle n all, my advice to you, don't base your decision on a poll, get what you want, looks like you've done some research, good luck with your decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been happy with my REPR. </div></div>

I voted for the SR25, but I have always wanted a Knight rifle. However both guns would kick some ass, and that tan one is awesome, what kind of paint did you use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRB45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been happy with my REPR. </div></div>

I voted for the SR25, but I have always wanted a Knight rifle. However both guns would kick some ass, and that tan one is awesome, what kind of paint did you use?</div></div>

I did a review on it you can read here.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2214115#Post2214115

Everything tan on the REPR is cerakoted. The REPR itself is cerakoted from the factory.

Repr. Mine has shot MOA or better and offers alot of unique features.

Of the two, the LWRC. I don't like Knight's anything. Of course, you could just pick up a LR-308 and customize from there. You might actually be money ahead.

Rich

Before you make a decision, see if you can get your hands on either one to play with. I got interesting advice when purchasing a REPR which was go on gunbroker and see how many people are selling REPRs to KACs. If one out weighs another, might be a sign that customers are not satisfied with the 3500+ gun.

Have had an older SR25 and a REPR.

If you are going to run suppressed, get a REPR and handload heavier rounds (above 175s). If you hate cleaning rifles, get a REPR.

I you want itty-bitty groups with factory match ammo, then the SR25 is the way to go.

After seeing quite a few M110s go back to Knight for one reason or another, that and the previous positive experiences I have had with LWRC, I'm going with the REPR on this one.

I was about to sell my REPR until I finally found a load it likes.
It's a damn good shooter with 43.5 grains of Varget pushing 175SMK's.
.5 grains made all the difference. I'm very impressed. My only issue is the cool side charging handle. I really like the cool factor, but it's a pain in the BACK to carry.
Good gun my vote is for the REPR after owning both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oubeta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was about to sell my REPR until I finally found a load it likes.
It's a damn good shooter with 43.5 grains of Varget pushing 175SMK's.
.5 grains made all the difference. I'm very impressed. My only issue is the cool side charging handle. I really like the cool factor, but it's a pain in the BACK to carry.
Good gun my vote is for the REPR after owning both. </div></div>

If you like that, you should see what she does with a 178 amax!

It does great with any AMAX bullet I've put through it.
I haven't used the 178's yet. Do you know anyone who sells them?
I just don't have time to reload this month.

I would go with the REPR. I was going to buy an SR25 off of a friend and when we took it to the range to test it out he was having some major extraction issues. Needless to say I passed. I've been looking into the REPR as well.

I recently had a REPR come through my shop and I was very impressed with how it was put together and all of its built in ambi systems. During the coating process I see how everything fits together and with the REPR I was very impressed. I really liked the side charging handle too.
Don't have a clue as to how it shoots, but I've heard they are pretty damn good out of the box.
If you have any issues getting a coated one from the factory you could always send it out for coating.
smile.gif

After reviewing everyones posts as well as doing what uscbigdawg advice and I will soon be the proud new owner of the of a REPR. Maybe A lil I will go with the SR-25 however really dont think so after reading so many things going wrong with them. I believe if I should buy another 308 platform is going to be a M1A and sup it up. Maintly cause I have wanted one for about 12 or so years now when i test fired one at a range in indiana. Also they are awsome when you mod them with the right stuff.

thanks again for the replies guys!