• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BPR59

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2014
Hey Guys,

Just pulled the trigger on a Knights Armament SR-25 PC and am a bit torn when it comes to picking the right optic. Currently stuck between the Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16X Mil-R and the Kahles K318i 3.5-18x50 CCW SKMR3. While I may be splitting hairs I would love to hear some input from those who have used either (or both) on a similar gas gun. Really don't think I will be stretching the rifles legs past ~750 yards so the extra two magnifications on the Kahles wont be a deal breaker. In addition, I don't plan on shooting comps with this gun and I am not LE so God willing my life will not be on the line. Only current bias would be towards the SKMR3 reticle vs the Mil-R... That being said I have shot through the Mil-R reticle before and found it easy to use (compared to the Mil Dot I learned on). Any and all input is appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Rifle - https://www.knightarmco.com/12015/shop/commercial-firearms/sr-25-e2-pc-m-lok

Kahles - https://www.eurooptic.com/Kahles-K318i-35-18x50-CCW-SKMR3-w-right-Riflescope-10633.aspx

NF - https://www.eurooptic.com/nightforc...old-1-mil-radian-digillum-ptl-mil-r-c552.aspx

Best,

BR

I debated b/w those two exact scopes, except the ATACR was mil-XT (actually owned the both simultaneously and did side by side comparisons). The biggest question you should answer is; do you use hold overs for elevation and wind? A better comparison would be the SKMR vs the Mil-R and SKMR3 vs Mil-XT
  • To my eye, the Kahles had slightly better contrast while the NF had a better FOV otherwise they were very comparable optically. Someone who knows this better could give you a better opinion, but odds are theyre so close, neither will leave you wanting
  • Im not a huge fan of the parallax adjustment on the kahles - again, opinion.
  • the Kahles was a bit less unforgiving if in an odd position
  • kahles is marginally heavier (3oz) and shorter (.3")
For me, sight aquisition was a bit faster and easier w/ the NF, so I went that route.

I debated b/w those two exact scopes, except the ATACR was mil-XT (actually owned the both simultaneously and did side by side comparisons). The biggest question you should answer is; do you use hold overs for elevation and wind? A better comparison would be the SKMR vs the Mil-R and SKMR3 vs Mil-XT
  • To my eye, the Kahles had slightly better contrast while the NF had a better FOV otherwise they were very comparable optically. Someone who knows this better could give you a better opinion, but odds are theyre so close, neither will leave you wanting
  • Im not a huge fan of the parallax adjustment on the kahles - again, opinion.
  • the Kahles was a bit less unforgiving if in an odd position
  • kahles is marginally heavier (3oz) and shorter (.3")
For me, sight aquisition was a bit faster and easier w/ the NF, so I went that route.
Thank you!

Have you considered the ZCO ZC420? If I was to purchase an SR25, I’d consider the following scope options: ZC420, SB US 3-20 or TT 3-15.

Reactions: hk dave
Have you considered the ZCO ZC420? If I was to purchase an SR25, I’d consider the following scope options: ZC420, SB US 3-20 or TT 3-15.
I have looked at SB but not a huge fan of their reticles... Have not checked out the other two but will give them a go here. Thank you.

When the ZCO 4-20x is an option, it is probably the answer. Whats your budget?

I have an S&B 5-20 ultra-short on mine if you want to look at those as well.

I would usually lean with Nightforce but the SKMR3 reticle is one of my favorite. If I was you I would pick the reticle you like best and call it good.

I have an S&B 5-20 ultra-short on mine if you want to look at those as well.

I would usually lean with Nightforce but the SKMR3 reticle is one of my favorite. If I was you I would pick the reticle you like best and call it good.
Thank you. Again not a big fan of the SB reticles... SKMR3 is the leader in the clubhouse, still leaning towards the Kahles as of now.

Alright going with the Kahles, thank you everyone for your input. Now which Spuhr mount do I get?

No real top, have honestly never heard of ZCO, will check it out. Thanks!
I highly recommend you look into ZCO. Their ultra short 4-20 has set the bar very high. It is the scope to beat right now.

I have a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x50 with spuhr SP4016.

Attachments

• 18C8D315-FF34-45A7-9C10-3ADC0144AB00.jpeg
    18C8D315-FF34-45A7-9C10-3ADC0144AB00.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 62