• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR gold trigger ?

MBass300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Prospect,Ct
I'm looking to replace the trigger in my DPMS LR-30s. Ihave read lots of reports and opinions on lots of different brands, but I havent seen much on the SR Gold trigger from American Trigger Corp. Does anyone have any experience with these triggers? I would appreciate any info.

Re: SR gold trigger ?

Disclaimer - I've never used one.

I read up on these a lot when looking at triggers for an AR build. They are highly regarded by the 3 gunners over at www.brianenos.com You might want to register over there and use the search engine to find some good info on them. I couldn't find them in stock when I did my build, but that was during the AR craze, if needing a trigger now I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it fit my budget.

I've fondled the Gold AR Trigger, worth the $$$ no doubt. When I replace my LR308 Trigger that’s what I'll go with.

Thanks for the reccomendation. I found a lot of happy customers over there. Actually, I couldnt find anything on the SR (for 308) but everyone raved about the ARs. I'll have to give them a call to check on availability. Thanks again

I just ordered one today. I will get up pics and let you know about performance when it comes in. I ordered it for my dpms lr-308 in 300 wsm.

I have one in my DPMS 3-08 and it may be the best trigger that I have ever used, I would not hesitate buying another one if the need ever arises. It is a true drop in and can be installed in less than 10 minutes by anyone that can read or watch the video.

I actually just picked up a RRA NM 2-stage last week. Installed it and I'm really happy with it for the price ($90)
I would like a lighter trigger in the .308, so I may order the SR Gold, and throw the RRA in my AR15.
Where did you get yours? and if you don't mind me asking, how much?
Thanks.

I got mine straight from americantrigger.com this web site will show all and installation, when I got mine there was a short wait time.

Back when I started this post, I checked their site. It said they would be available "soon", and we all know how that can be. I tried calling but couldn't get a person on the phone.
I'll have to check back now that they seem to be getting them out to the customers.
Thanks

I am reading these threads about the SR Gold trigger with great interest. I need a good trigger for my LR-308 but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of the trigger. The problem is compounded by the fact that I live 10 minutes from the factory and would have to pay an additional $40 for shipping and sales tax since I cannot find any online retailers that are selling them, so I would have to buy factory direct. That puts me at $320 for the trigger.

To the guys that have them, would this be a good choice for a rifle that is primarily set up as a DMR?

ETA: My 2 other ARs currently have RRA 2 stage triggers, so another trigger I am considering is the Geissele SSA or maybe the DMR.

a little off topic, but has anyone tried the timney trigger for 308 ARs? i liked everything but the price on the ARgold triggers. and wasnt there another drop in sponsored by someone? or was that chip mccormick and he was sponsoring the ARgold? cant recall but i thought there were three