• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR25 Upper Compatibility

7 of these in-stock as I am writing this. For anyone who missed the SR-25 cartel uppers I think this is them… just sent them a message to confirm.

Edit. These are the SR-25 cartel uppers. Ready to ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: msgriff
7 of these in-stock as I am writing this. For anyone who missed the SR-25 cartel uppers I think this is them… just sent them a message to confirm.

Edit. These are the SR-25 cartel uppers. Ready to ship.

I really like what those guys are doing,

Has anybody figured out a solution for handguards that doesn't involve GB.

My latest build. Courtesy SR 25 cartel.

SR-25 cartel upper
LMT MARs H lower
14” KAC URX4 hardguard
16” Craddock 6.5 Creedmoor (Bartlein blank)

Attachments

• IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 117
the Stags do look really good all put together… did this one just for fun and to use up some extra parts from all my builds…

IMG_7329.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7335.jpeg
    IMG_7335.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7333.jpeg
    IMG_7333.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7332.jpeg
    IMG_7332.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7331.jpeg
    IMG_7331.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7330.jpeg
    IMG_7330.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7329.jpeg
    IMG_7329.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7328.jpeg
    IMG_7328.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 48
I did some fitting work to the SMF tactical upper to get the lines to match up better with the LMT lower. Really, I just broke some edges and trimmed some overhang but it made a huge difference and I am really happy with how it turned out.

Again… this did function without modification. I just wanted the lines to match up a bit better.
View attachment 7815857View attachment 7815858View attachment 7815859View attachment 7815860

Basically I just put sharpie on the upper (Like layout fluid) and scribed some line, then use files to remove extra material. SO long as you take you time and have a some file (And a few different shapes) this is no difficult. It just requires patience.
View attachment 7815867View attachment 7815868View attachment 7815870View attachment 7815871

Here is some shots during and after paint. (Paint is Aervoe brand and the color is Sand) Oh and that LMT blem marking is 🤌

View attachment 7815863View attachment 7815864View attachment 7815865View attachment 7815884View attachment 7815885
Just a data point for others referencing this. I am working on a very similar build. I used the SMF tactical upper and MARS-H, but I was not so lucky. The lines match up nicely (like you said, a little trimming makes it even better, but I'm happy with the aesthetic. Got the gun together last night and found a functional problem with the upper/lower combo. The bore of my SMF upper sits lower than the receiver extension in my LMT lower. The BCG is not able to move freely between the upper and lower.

I'll get an LMT (and maybe Stag) upper on the gun and confirm that the SMF upper is the problem. Maybe they've changed their design, maybe I ended up with a lemon.

Just a data point for others referencing this. I am working on a very similar build. I used the SMF tactical upper and MARS-H, but I was not so lucky. The lines match up nicely (like you said, a little trimming makes it even better, but I'm happy with the aesthetic. Got the gun together last night and found a functional problem with the upper/lower combo. The bore of my SMF upper sits lower than the receiver extension in my LMT lower. The BCG is not able to move freely between the upper and lower.

I'll get an LMT (and maybe Stag) upper on the gun and confirm that the SMF upper is the problem. Maybe they've changed their design, maybe I ended up with a lemon.

I got an extra stag upper if you are looking 😜

Don’t sleep on those Cartel uppers… they are available and the fit is exactly what we were all looking for. They are expensive… but worth it IMO.

Don’t sleep on those Cartel uppers… they are available and the fit is exactly what we were all looking for. They are expensive… but worth it IMO.
Some folks on reddit were a little disappointed. Sounds like they purposefully mismatched the lines so that they couldn't be mistaken for Knights uppers?

I was following along during their development with much interest, but 600 bones is a lot for a stripped upper.

Some folks on reddit were a little disappointed. Sounds like they purposefully mismatched the lines so that they couldn't be mistaken for Knights uppers?

I was following along during their development with much interest, but 600 bones is a lot for a stripped upper.
It is… I am sure you can tell the difference and 600 is a lot. But the fit IMO is great. I have mine on a knights lower now.

Reactions: sinister

sounds like the SMF is a lemon. I ran an SMF TAC-10 on a MWS lower and they worked beautifully. I bet SMF will make it right. Centurion Arms is also redeveloping their MK11 receivers and will have ambi controls, etc. I'm thinking it'll drop this year.

sounds like the SMF is a lemon. I ran an SMF TAC-10 on a MWS lower and they worked beautifully. I bet SMF will make it right. Centurion Arms is also redeveloping their MK11 receivers and will have ambi controls, etc. I'm thinking it'll drop this year.
I would definitely reach out to SMF. The people I spoke with on the phone were incredibly nice. I am sure they would take care of it.

I have a LaRue 762 lower kicking around that I want to use for something other than a LaRue upper. Ever since Mark pushed the prices up to $2000 I've been wanting to build with something else.

Thinking I should just grab a Stag stripped upper and build off that. The SR25 cartel uppers are a little pricey imo.

Do the Larue ultimate uppers take a standard barrel format, or are they proprietary?

I also got a couple blowout Larue lowers and am debating what upper route to take.

Do the Larue ultimate uppers take a standard barrel format, or are they proprietary?

I also got a couple blowout Larue lowers and am debating what upper route to take.
My understanding from other posters here is that you've always been able to rebarrel a LaRue with a typical large frame AR barrel but I'm not 100% on this. It seems there's more differences in the carriers than there is with the barrel extensions.

LaRue I thought claimed that their extensions were unique to them but others here have rebarreled LaRue large frames.

You should be able to use any SR-25 slant cut on a Larue. Just note Armalite AR-10A upper holes (.274") are smaller than KAC - LMT - Stag (.277) and will need slight reaming.

Here are Knight and Larue uppers swapped on each others' lowers:

Larue_KAC swap.jpg

Stripped Stag-10 uppers are around $180:

1710885909484.png

Diamondback DB-10s around $100 (I think they're Armalite pin size -- they fit on both AR-10As and Bs):
DB-10Upper.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of of an SR25 Cartel and a Genesis upper on a LMT Defender H lower. I did try a stag but didn't want to ream the pin holes as I'm running the forward controls pins (.280) otherwise the stag fit okay. I do think these two fit the LMT better.

SR-25 Cartel upper
IMG_4544_.jpg

IMG_4719.JPG
IMG_4718.JPG

Genesis Upper on LMT Defender H lower.
IMG_4715.JPG
IMG_4717.JPG
IMG_4716.JPG

SR25 Cartel stripped on the table.

IMG_4195.jpeg

Results of the stripped CSASS trials upper I posted earlier.

I was using an SR25 Cartel upper, which was fantastic, but I prefer the lines of the trials upper better.

Works great and no issues, not surprising since it was made to be backward compatible with SR25/Mk11/M110 lowers.

The SMF Tactical upper fits great on Larue Predator but needs a minor adjustment.
SMF is very well built and looks great on my Larue.