• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Srt shadow xl recored to a lane silencer update

XTRTITAN

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2013
I Purchased a SRT shadow xl ti 2 years ago and it has been a great silencer since the day i got it. Unfortunately after approximately 6000 centerfire rounds and 1500 rimfire rounds the suppressor had approximately 1/2 pound of carbon trapped inside it that i was unable to remove because of it being a sealed can. When i contacted the manufacture, i was told to send it in for a professional cleaning that would have a hefty charge plus freight. This was more than i wanted to spend every two years to have my suppressor cleaned.

I made the decision to have Corey from Lane Silencer Llc. install one of his magnum cores inside after i removed the old SRT baffles. After seeing how much carbon was trapped inside the SRT, I could not have been happier with my decision to put a serviceable mono core inside my suppressor. it is pretty easy to see how much easier this design will be to care for and maintain.

I received my suppressor back from Lane yesterday and made a trip to the range today. I am very happy with the performance so far. The recoil reduction with this can is amazing and the sound is extremely quiet. I don't have very many rounds thru it yet but from what i can tell, any shifts are very minimal and the groups are looking fairly excellent so far. I could not be any happier with this suppressor. The SRT baffles are on the left and the new Lane Core is on the right.
20140314_083421[1].jpg20140321_101422[1].jpg20140322_222312[1].jpg

Ps. I know these are only three shot groups and they don't count but i am still in load developement. I think its showing promise.

Those nice-looking groups dude. Thanks for hanging around yesterday while my buddy and I got to demo those cans Cory brought out. I know it was less than optimal conditions with the snow and cold. Next week I'm going to place an order for the S 30. Then I think down the road the scorpion magnum is going to be making its way into my safe too. Those cans are impressive even with the canyon walls all around to bounce the little bit of noise off of. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to spend some more time at the range with the new Lane cored suppressor today. All i can say is that i love this new can. It seems to be every bit as quiet as the SRT when it has brand new,(maybe better), and it only weighs in at 13.7 oz. Groups are staying consistant as i fired a ten shot group today under .5 MOA. Whats not to love.

I know it's off topic, but are there any legal concerns about modifying an NFA item? Since the core was changed out and the can was made end user serviceable, it is no longer how the manufacturer made it. I'm just curious.

3 tenths drop in powder might shrink that verticle;). Better weigh my can,,, in the + side over 10k thru it.

put that b**** on the scale. I want to know if the rimfire rounds i fired thru mine were part of the weight problem. i know u never fired rimfire thru yours.

I know it's off topic, but are there any legal concerns about modifying an NFA item? Since the core was changed out and the can was made end user serviceable, it is no longer how the manufacturer made it. I'm just curious.

the way i understand it, as long as the dimensions stay the same and the tube and serial # remain unaltered, the silencer is just being repaired.

For repairing suppressor parts that DO NOT include the serialized tube...

DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

19 APR 1999
901040:GS
5320/99-7473

Dear Mr. Bardwell:

This is to clarify the advice contained in our response of January
27, 1999, to your letter of December 26, 1998, regarding the
replacement of a broken or defective silencer that had been
returned for repair.

You asked if a licensed manufacturer of firearms may lawfully
replace a broken or defective silencer, returned to him for repair,
with a new silencer with the same serial number as the broken or
defective one. You added that the original silencer would be
destroyed in the process of replacement.

A complete firearm silencer or muffler is a "firearm" subject to
the provisions of the National Firearms Act (NFA). In addition,
certain silencer parts and components also qualify as a "firearm"
and are subject to NFA controls. Repair or replacement of silencer
components can result in the creation of a new firearm which would
be subject to additional registration and transfer tax
requirements.

A person who possesses a registered silencer may transfer the
silencer for repair on ATF Form 5, tax exempt, to any licensed
manufacturer of firearms who has currently paid special
(occupational) tax (SOT) as a manufacturer of NFA firearms.

Any such manufacturer may repair or replace unmarked silencer
components such as baffles, wipes, end caps, or specially made
packing material. If such components are replaced on an exchange
basis and the original components are destroyed, there is no
registration of a new firearm required and the silencer may be
returned on Form 5, tax exempt.

- 2 -

Mr. James O. Bardwell

If the manufacturer did not originally make the silencer and must
replace components bearing required markings, such as the outer
tube, the new replacement components would then require
registration as a new firearm and would be subject to marking
requirements under 27 CFR section 179.102. Return of the new
components would incur applicable transfer tax.

If the original defective components were not destroyed and were
returned to the customer in addition to replacement components, the
replacement components would also require registration as a new
firearm and could be subject to transfer tax.

A silencer which is unusable due to a manufacturer's defect, may be
replaced without incurring transfer tax, only if the silencer is
returned to the original manufacturer for repair and the original
manufacturer is licensed as a manufacturer of firearms and has
currently paid SOT as a manufacturer of firearms. The original
manufacturer may them mark the replacement with the same serial
number used on the defective silencer and then return the
replacement silencer on ATF Form 5 without incurring transfer tax.
The original defective silencer components must be destroyed.

We apologize for the inconvenience and trust that this clarifies
the matter. Should any additional information be needed, please
contact Gary Schiable at (202) 927-8330.

Sincerely yours,

[signed]
Kent M. Cousins
Chief, National Firearms Act Branch