• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 10X 42MM HD version..any thoughts?

Re: SS 10X 42MM HD version..any thoughts?

I had the chance to fiddle with the one that Frank (LowLight) was testing for his review here on "The Hide". I was very impressed. The glass was very clear, the clicks were solid, and the over all build of the scope was robust. When I was looking through it we had a number of high end rifles and scopes sitting on the table so there was some serious glass to campare it to. I have to say its a very bright scope for the money. I would say comperable to a Leupold Mark IV or possible better. I would not hesitate to purchase one. The new SS 3x9 FFP was also very impressive.

One caveat, I also had a chance to look through a Bushnell 4200 3x12 FFP, and that is a damed nice scope for the money. It will probably be my next purchase for a budget optic.

Hope this helps.

I put a 3-9 SS on my Ar15 and couldn't be happier. I run a Night Force 5.5-22 on my bolt gun and was sure I would be spoiled because of it. But to tell the absolute truth that SS didn't disapoint me at all. The glass is very clear and bright, the turrets are very postitive and audible.

h

I am very happy with mine. I have a zeiss Conquest 3-9 that I feel the glass is comparable to. Seems to be a very solid well built scope turrets are very crisp and accuately align. I know another guy with one who isnt very happy with his though claims be hazzy on the edges and to have mooshy turrets he says do not accuratley aligning. Not sure if he just got a lemon but I am very happy with mine and a lot of people on here seem to be as well.

They are nice, but for 800 your to close to the price of a used USO st10 for me.

Had the chance to compare the SS yesterday with the SS HD and the glass in the HD was noticeable better. Seemed like a real robust scope. If you are good with a fixed 10 power, I don't think you will be disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new SS 3x9 FFP was also very impressive.

One caveat, I also had a chance to look through a Bushnell 4200 3x12 FFP, and that is a damed nice scope for the money. It will probably be my next purchase for a budget optic.</div></div>
Thanks for that side note. I'm really trying not to buy the SS 3-9X. It has everything I want except the upper end magnification. As an alternative, I'm looking at that Bushnell. I wish the higher magnification SWFA scope wasn't so far out in the rumor mill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had the chance to compare the SS yesterday with the SS HD and the glass in the HD was noticeable better. Seemed like a real robust scope. If you are good with a fixed 10 power, I don't think you will be disappointed. </div></div>

This. If you are looking into a fixed power scope you should just save your funds and look for a used ST-10. You can find them with the EREK for around 1000 bucks used. Plus, I like the reticle choices from USO better than that of the SS.

Josh

i like my ss hd 10 quite a bit, glass is pretty darn good clear and swfa got it to me quickly!