• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SS 10x42 questions and comments

LRFDBombSquad

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2012
I am new to long range shooting and have been lurking around here doing research on what direction to take my rifle. I started with a Rem 700 AAC in .308, a SS 10x42, a Harris bipod, a Seekins 20 MOA base, and a set of std height rings from Badger. Ok enough of the intro. When I received my scope I was impressed with its quality and wanted to get it on the rifle as soon as possible and head to the range. I was surprised that no paper work came with the scope, is that common to get the scope by itself with nothing else in the box? Another question I have and this is the one that concerns me is, should both the elevation and windage turrets feel the same with a click that you can feel? It seems on mine that the elevation turret feels mushy and does not have a click that can be felt like the windage. Is this common? I have no problem contacting SWFA, but wanted to see if this was normal. SWFA literally got me my scope the next day.

Re: SS 10x42 questions and comments

Old story. too much grease under the turrets. Loosen all three turret retaining screws on each turret, remove turrets, wipe grease off, and re-install turrets. If you're worried about no lube on the O rings, go to an auto parts store and get a couple of the little squeeze packs of spark plug boot grease. A little lasts for ever and is waterproof. It will greatly improve the feel of the adjusments.
Spin turrets a few times and you are good to go.

Don't think any paper work ever came with the original SS units, when it did, it was incorrect anyway.