• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SS 3-9 or IOR 2.5-10?

ldw556

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2011
florida
I know these questions get beat to death sometimes, but I have no way of trying either one of them out.

Has anyone had experience with both of them? I saw Lowlights review on the SS and he speaks well of them, but let's say they both cost the same is the IOR worth the extra coin?

If you guys can give me opinions on these two, or any other that you think would fit the bill (in the $600-$1200 range) it would be very helpful.
Thanks.

Re: SS 3-9 or IOR 2.5-10?

I have the IOR 2.5-10, and it is a great scope. Great glass, tracked well, liked the feel of the turrets. I am looking to sell it though because my other rifles are now wearing SS's so it will be replaced with a 3x9, and I like to have all my scopes the same brand for familiarity. You really can't go wrong with either. If you do decide on the IOR, hit me up since I'm selling my very lightly used one, and I'll give you a good deal on it.

I would go with the IOR just because of the reticle. The MP-8 is a nice reticle. Mine was spot on as far as adjustmets / tracking. The glass in these scopes is very good also. The only reason I got rid of mine was because it had the covered turrets. Get the exposed turrets and you are good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldw556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but let's say they both cost the same is the IOR worth the extra coin?
</div></div>

I have a couple IOR 2.5-10's and like them very much. However if I were buying right now the Super Sniper 3-9 with the new reticle would be hard to pass up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldw556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be going on a Rem LTR if that helps. </div></div>

I would get a good straight 10X like the super sniper HD.

why are you not giving the nightforce 2.5-10 a shot? you are obviously willing to spend $1200 so why isn't it on your list?

you have a wider choice of reticles, zero stops, cover or exposed turrets, and a proven platform. it seems like your skipping over a better scope then the two you listed...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why are you not giving the nightforce 2.5-10 a shot? you are obviously willing to spend $1200 so why isn't it on your list?

you have a wider choice of reticles, zero stops, cover or exposed turrets, and a proven platform. it seems like your skipping over a better scope then the two you listed... </div></div>

I'm sure the Night Force is great... just wanted a bigger objective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldw556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be going on a Rem LTR if that helps. </div></div>

I would get a good straight 10X like the super sniper HD. </div></div>

I've seen Lowlights review on it also and it looks a nice KISS scope but I need the variable(hunting).

If shooting out to say 7-800 yds. Do you think that the liitle bit less magnification in the SS is a liability?

The bigger objective is fine, but you can use a NF to repair your hunting blinds and knock down bushes and such without hurting it