• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 3x9x42 vs.Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44

spiralseal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2008
Central, NJ
I am mounting it on an AR 10, I will not be shooting more than 600 yrds, what would be a better choice in your opinion, tracking, durability, features, clarity? thanks....

Re: SS 3x9x42 vs.Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44

My opinion on the matter is that as SWFA 3-9 is a far superior optic. It is missing the bells and whistles of the PST, but it is a solid performer.

I really enjoy the SWFA scopes. I own the 1-4, 2 5-20s and a 3-9. They are all super durable.

I have a 4-16x50 and a 6-24x50, both FFP MRAD PSTs, my buddy has several as well. Solid performers, great quality, clear picture and good tracking. All in all, they might be the nicest scopes for the money that I have seen. I have no complaints about Vortex, and their unrivaled customer service- best in the business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nleaders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My opinion on the matter is that as SWFA 3-9 is a far superior optic. It is missing the bells and whistles of the PST, but it is a solid performer. </div></div>

Thank you so much for the help!!!! That was what I was looking for!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spiralseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nleaders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My opinion on the matter is that as SWFA 3-9 is a far superior optic. It is missing the bells and whistles of the PST, but it is a solid performer. </div></div>

Thank you so much for the help!!!! That was what I was looking for!!!
</div></div>

yes thank you for that. i have been on the fence with mid range optics decisions myself and this helped a bit. swfa beats vortex. i will keep your opinion in mind in mind. is it just that swfa is tougher? better glass? better reticle? just it just beat out vortex in all categories? btw the two optics i have in mind are the vortex 2.5-10 pst and the swfa ss 3-9.

I have the 3x9, the glass is great, positive and beefier than the Vortex..... ( just picked it up)....