• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS vs. PST

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
For anyone that's seen them both (Lowlight?), which one for my DPMS SASS (White-tail and White-paper)

SS 3X9X42
PST 4X16X50

Some details:
The $250 price difference is not an issue.
More magnification is nice, but not terribly important.
Illumination is not a consideration.
Zero-stop is neat, but I can survive without it.

That leave two pieces -->
Durability
Clarity

That's what's important to me, in that order.

After way too much time awaiting the release of the PST, I've narrowed it down to these two. Somebody will be getting my money in the next week or so . . .

Every opinion is very much valued, but Lowlight is the only one I know that has seen both, so his input would be priceless.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Re: SS vs. PST

This is a hard one do address for a two main reasons.
• The power range difference
• The PST just started shipping

I have a really good feeling about the PST. I will know more tomorrow.

Mike @ CST

Re: SS vs. PST

I really don't think you can compare the two just because they are priced in a similar fashion. They are being spec'd in a completely different place, if you look when Vortex crossed the same path as the Super Sniper they went pretty high on their price, $2k. When then needed a scope to compete in the sub $1k market they went some where else. The Razor and the PST are not made in the same place.

As with the obvious differences in magnification range, I think the Super Sniper is way undervalued and just because they priced it below $1k, doesn't mean it deserves to be there. We have been using the same 2 SS scopes from my review pretty steady and they continue to prove themselves everyday.