• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Staccato C2 vs SVI Tiki

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
For a EDC, what’s the thought on the best bet, kinda leaning towards the Tiki in 357sig/40 or 10mm if that’s a option with SVI

Mission would be a normal carry, also hiking in black bear wolf country.

C2

5-F388970-7-D94-4-F4-B-B2-F3-7-BFC16-F5-A058.jpg

Tiki

8-B1-D4-E32-9-CE4-4-DF3-8-A0-B-24-B2506-C5056.jpg

6944-A2-D5-7-DD3-4878-BC9-D-25-F494-BCFB12.jpg

C2

I don’t like a lot of multi-colored scheme on guns. All black with maybe a stainless barrel for me.

No idea but those all look great, especially that Tiki.

This thread has to be a joke. STI gained such a terrible reputation as the shittiest custom-ish 2011 manufacturer that they had to rename and rebrand as Staccato to escape it. If you've followed them since their golden era as a higher end match pistol maker you got to watch them alienate their entire existing customer base and stop honoring warranties because they were buried under the amount of cracked slides getting returned and couldn't make time to produce new guns.

I get the STI V. SVI, so if I lean Tiki what’s the thoughts on 10mm out of a 4”?

Better go a custom 357sig load, or be pumpkin spice 9mm?

Any thoughts on the composite double stack grip vs metal single stack?

And not a joke thread, recent experience I need more capacity from my standard over done Gucci Sig 938, every time I think I’ll save a buck going factory or local buy it bites me in the ass

For a EDC, what’s the thought on the best bet, kinda leaning towards the Tiki in 357sig/40 or 10mm if that’s a option with SVI

Mission would be a normal carry, also hiking in black bear wolf country.

C2

5-F388970-7-D94-4-F4-B-B2-F3-7-BFC16-F5-A058.jpg

Tiki

8-B1-D4-E32-9-CE4-4-DF3-8-A0-B-24-B2506-C5056.jpg

6944-A2-D5-7-DD3-4878-BC9-D-25-F494-BCFB12.jpg
You need two weapons. One like you have listed for everyday carry on the street, and something like a 44 magnum for bear country. Different predators to cull.

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
You need two weapons. One like you have listed for everyday carry on the street, and something like a 44 magnum for bear country. Different predators to cull.

for brown bears, and with most of the 44 mag options I’d just say F’ a handgun and sling my 458 or 12G, just trying to find a happy middle place if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot
Glock 29SF (Short Frame). For backcountry use, I wouldn't take a 2011 with extremely tight tolerances like the tiki out into dusty, muddy wet environments. Get a glock for that. The tiki can be your BBQ gun or edc. But for going back country get the glock. I had a 29SF and a 20. Stupidly sold the 29SF, still have the 20 wish I had the 29 instead.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I get the STI V. SVI, so if I lean Tiki what’s the thoughts on 10mm out of a 4”?

Better go a custom 357sig load, or be pumpkin spice 9mm?

Any thoughts on the composite double stack grip vs metal single stack?

And not a joke thread, recent experience I need more capacity from my standard over done Gucci Sig 938, every time I think I’ll save a buck going factory or local buy it bites me in the ass
Well, Glock makes the G29 and it's what, three-inch, three & a half inch barrel? So I suppose it would be a handful with full power loads. Also, does SV even offer a plastic grip on any of their pistols anymore?

This thread has to be a joke. STI gained such a terrible reputation as the shittiest custom-ish 2011 manufacturer that they had to rename and rebrand as Staccato to escape it. If you've followed them since their golden era as a higher end match pistol maker you got to watch them alienate their entire existing customer base and stop honoring warranties because they were buried under the amount of cracked slides getting returned and couldn't make time to produce new guns.
Not all sti's are bad. Love mine.

20200201_141527.jpg

Also probably helps that its not a 2011. Or was manufactured by them. And that I've had it since 08.

It's an STI gp6. Nowadays more likely would be recognized as a grand power k100mk6. They jumped from mk6 to mk7 to current mk12. Grand power jumped from STI to Century Arms to Eagle Imports to the current Global Ordnance

Not all sti's are bad. Love mine.
Also probably helps that its not a 2011. Or was manufactured by them. And that I've had it since 08.
Yeah, but that was back on their glory days. And like you said, it's as much STI as the XD series is a Springfield product.
I've got plenty of buddies that are very pleased with their older STI's and got burned hard when they bought newer ones thinking they could expect the same quality.

Glock 29SF (Short Frame). For backcountry use, I wouldn't take a 2011 with extremely tight tolerances like the tiki out into dusty, muddy wet environments. Get a glock for that. The tiki can be your BBQ gun or edc. But for going back country get the glock. I had a 29SF and a 20. Stupidly sold the 29SF, still have the 20 wish I had the 29 instead.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any good testing videos or write ups on the 357sig in a black bear / big cat etc context?

Being able to use 40 at the range and carry with 357sig is appealing, as is the lower recoil

What I have found online ends to evolving into anything outside of a 125mm tank round and you’re asking to be killed by squirrels, and to be safe you should have a ICBM for black bears lol

I found one video of a guy who had a bear head and was testing 357 mag, but he basically just dumped every round he had into it then filmed the aftermath, wasn’t too scientific or clear what each round did

Best I could find was a MIT study on 9 vs 357sig

Last edited:
That Kiti looks like some Andy Warhol shit. Would rather have a Taurus.

Reminds me of trying to feed a poor person fine sashimi, watching as they can’t eat it, yet they’ll devour a fast food meal out of a brown paper bag.

Different strokes

Reminds me of trying to feed a poor person fine sashimi, watching as they can’t eat it, yet they’ll devour a fast food meal out of a brown paper bag.

Different strokes
Love sushi, except the eel and eggs. But I am more pork tenderloin, butterpeas, brusslesprouts and greenbeans (what I'm about to eat, yes too many green things...). I do know enough to know tofu with beansprouts and fruit compote is more visually appealing than that fugly pistol. Not that I'd eat either.

Different strokes
Sashimi horse FTW.
B4331193-DD85-4A2C-98E9-14BBD3B027CB.jpeg

Love sushi, except the eel and eggs. But I am more pork tenderloin, butterpeas, brusslesprouts and greenbeans (what I'm about to eat, yes too many green things...). I do know enough to know tofu with beansprouts and fruit compote is more visually appealing than that fugly pistol. Not that I'd eat either.
Sashimi isn’t sushi.

Sashimi is raw meat. Any meat, that is raw.

Sushi is a combination of usually raw fish, seaweed, and rice, plus a variety of other spices and garnishes.

This was sublimely delicate.

I have Andy Warhol Edition Burton snowboard boots.

• Haha
Reactions: MtnCreek
And nothing John Wayne at all.

Um.... sushi is actually the rice, the other stuff just adds flavor.

as for the pistols, how do you cock the hammer on the infinity?

You don’t need a pistol for black bears, and probably not wolves.

I love my 1911s, but I’d look for something lighter for a hiking pistol.

There needs to be seaweed. Rice is not sushi.

Rack the slide, however I would have a more normal hammer if I ordered a Tiki

Weight wise I think it’s about 25oz depending on if you go carbon steel, stainless, or Ti

Just set your pile of money on fire. It will have the same effect.

SVI == Overpriced as F -- yes they are a great pistol They are not a $6-7k pistol any number of custom people can produce as good for much less.
STI == Over priced tacticool who told competetive shooters to go f themselves.

Get a damn glock or other tupperware before you embarass yourself again.

Just set your pile of money on fire. It will have the same effect.

SVI == Overpriced as F -- yes they are a great pistol They are not a $6-7k pistol any number of custom people can produce as good for much less.
STI == Over priced tacticool who told competetive shooters to go f themselves.

Get a damn glock or other tupperware before you embarass yourself again.

Embarrass myself again? Mmmmmmk

Could say the same for many PRS matches, many could get the same points with a less fancy gun, but they have the money or sponsors for something nice, so why not? Really could say the same for hunters, most could get by with waaaay less gun and still take out dog sized deer.

Glock is a great tool, sold by a pallet load, priced for the masses, hits a minute of man and goes bang more times than not, no doubt. I got a Glock 19 as a gift, nice pistol for sure and it makes a ton of sense, it doesn’t get shot much though.

For my daily carry I just like something more polished, now if this was some crazy situation where I knew the gun would be lost or destroyed because I was going to be crawling through trenches or over zombies, sure I’d get a Glock and some carharts.

I kinda think of it like this, I wear slacks, dress shoes watch etc for work, now I could 100% fit that parameter buying some of those plastic smelling “leather” shoes and belt from Walmart, could also get a pair of slacks and shirt there and pull my phone out of my pocket to tell time, that would protect my feet and cover my skin and tell time just the same, but it wouldn’t really be the same thing.

If that makes sense.

Sounds like you need to train with the g19.

But why?

Got more muscle memory with a 1911 based platform.
To each their own, and I got nothing against glocks, or striker fire in general, just not my go to choice.

For a carry gun, it needs to serve it’s obvious role as a firearm, but as it’s something I wear everyday, needs to also match me a little, same reason I wear a nice watch, tells time just the same as a Casio, but I got the money and I like something that makes me smile while serving it’s basic role.

Now completely non scientific point, I have had a few non gun people, I get a different reaction and level of interest in the gun vs “why a gun” when it’s something more...classic.

I'm ignorant on these high end pistols. Are these known to be very reliable?

Embarrass myself again? Mmmmmmk

Could say the same for many PRS matches, many could get the same points with a less fancy gun, but they have the money or sponsors for something nice, so why not? Really could say the same for hunters, most could get by with waaaay less gun and still take out dog sized deer.

Glock is a great tool, sold by a pallet load, priced for the masses, hits a minute of man and goes bang more times than not, no doubt. I got a Glock 19 as a gift, nice pistol for sure and it makes a ton of sense, it doesn’t get shot much though.

For my daily carry I just like something more polished, now if this was some crazy situation where I knew the gun would be lost or destroyed because I was going to be crawling through trenches or over zombies, sure I’d get a Glock and some carharts.

I kinda think of it like this, I wear slacks, dress shoes watch etc for work, now I could 100% fit that parameter buying some of those plastic smelling “leather” shoes and belt from Walmart, could also get a pair of slacks and shirt there and pull my phone out of my pocket to tell time, that would protect my feet and cover my skin and tell time just the same, but it wouldn’t really be the same thing.

If that makes sense.

Welp there it is......

I'm ignorant on these high end pistols. Are these known to be very reliable?

SVI is super high end--builds a solid pistol, not infallible. STI claims the new Staccato Line is "optimized" for carry/duty. Like I implied STI pissed off competetive shooters (or maybe just me) when they took the Edge (entry level USPSA Limited Gun) and a jacked the price from $2k to $3k under the "Stacatto" Rebrand with 0 improvements.

1911s always require extra attention, but if you can run a 1911, there is nothing extra just $70-$120 mags (from ST/VI both). Of course switching to a 357 sig presents new challenges as you have to be super careful with mag setup.

The rule of thumb is the farther you get from a 5" .45 Cal 1911, the more problems/attention it needs. .40 Cal isn't much of a switch, 9mm is a bit more trouble. Bottlenecks are more. Then you start chopping barrel length, add in double stack mags, etc...

Its effort.

SVI has this vunder-reputation, but their 1911s shit the bed just like everyone elses when idiots start farking with all the variables.

F STI. Buy Bul-Armory. Or Rock Island (WHO NEED a 9mm WIDEBODY RIGHT NOW!!).

One of my carries is a Rock Island .45 Widebody. Mags are $30 and it goes bang just like my Edge. Not as refined. Everyone knows its too heavy, wrong caliber and nose up at the brand. 0 Fucks given. I love my Boomer gun and I have an extra 6k laying to give to strippers. I'd love a 4 inch 9mm 1911 doublestack, but STI can kiss my ass.

I’m going see about pulling the trigger on a Tiki if I can get a 10mm, ideally with a 9mm conversion too, just not sure on a traditional single stack grip, or the 2011 style grip.