• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Stag Arms AR15 parts

tcj32645

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2017
I need a part for my Stag Arms AR15. It is the spring loaded metal barrel that holds the Buffer Body in place. The metal extension/nipple has sheared off.
The problem is, this part is NOT listed or named in the rifle's manual. I need the name of this part and where I can buy a new one.
Any help would be appreciated!
Buffer Body Pin 001.jpgBuffer Body Pin 002.jpg
Buffer Body Pin 003.jpg

Thank You!

Hey not for nothing but did you mess with the stock and buffer tube? I only ask because normally the buffer tube retains that piece so even it had sheared off it shouldn't have poked up like that, it's still be captured under the buffer tube.

Or opening the rifle with the bolt locked back. Ask me how I know. This is another reason to always wear safety glasses when doing anything with a gun.

If it was a factory gun and installed correctly, this bassically never happens unless the part is defective.

You can see from the picture it's a poor mim part where the powdered metal did not get hot enough to fuse along with pressure to form the part. The poorosity also looks like there may be voids which contributed to the failure.

This is why you stick with quality lpks from colt, BCM, DD, kac ect. The difference between cheap consumer grade small parts that are not tested and premium brands who do testing is what you see here, a rifle deadlined becuase a manufacture saved .15 cents on a part.

Buy quality and this will not happen. Never saw a colt, h&r or FN M16/m4 with this failure in years of running a arms room and ranges.