• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

I've run two loads of brass through my lortone qt12. 5 lbs of media, 3 lbs of deprimed brass, few drops of dish soap, teaspoon of lemi shine, and I fill it up to about 2 1/2" from the top. That give me 12 lbs not counting the weight of the tub. Run for 2-3 hours and have sparkling clean brass.

Ok,
I did a little experiment.
I washed brass with no lemi-shine and when it dried it turned orange. I then took the orange brass and put it in a bucket filled with hot water and 3 tablespoons of lemi shine. Instantly it began to turn yellow and beautiful.
I dried it on a towel and it stayed that way.
Next time I tumble I am going to add 2 tablespoons of Lemi shine and keep increasing the amount until it works without the bucket bath.

tablespoonful? teaspoonful? I haven't used more than a 1/2 tsp (measured by eyeballing a small pile in the palm of my hand which, by my practiced eye is barely more than a 1/4 tsp but I HAVE doubled it up a couple times when I've cleaned badly oxidized range brass) and my brass comes out fine. Wish I'd had this thing about 50,000 rounds ago. Shiny.

tablespoonful? teaspoonful? I haven't used more than a 1/2 tsp (measured by eyeballing a small pile in the palm of my hand which, by my practiced eye is barely more than a 1/4 tsp but I HAVE doubled it up a couple times when I've cleaned badly oxidized range brass) and my brass comes out fine. Wish I'd had this thing about 50,000 rounds ago. Shiny.

It has to do with salt content in the water as well as other properties.
Where I live there are more impurities in the water.
What can I tell you,,,,,it worked to fix the problem of tarnish and orange brass

First post here....

I just wanted to thank everyone for is thread. I have about 200 cases of 9mm tumbling right now with SS media.

I got myself a Lee hand press and am depriming my brass at the range as I wait for a heating pad to heat up my M&P to clean with FroggLube CLP. :)

Step one..... Get set up to clean brass - DONE
Step two.... Learn everything I can about reloading
Step thee.... Finish purchasing my reloading setup with redding turret press and more
Step four..... Fill all the shiny brass I'll have waiting
Step five.... Make it dirty again. :)

Last edited:
Doing great, shooting a bunch and repeating. Just wish the components was easier to find.
glad to see the pins are still making u happy. Lots of converts out there!
hope alls well with everyone, just have not had time to breath with work and all.
Terry