• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

stainless tumbling media

pawprint2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2012
I just got my new Midway USA flyer, it has stainless tumbling media on sale at 5lbs/$34.99, this is the lowest price I've seen on this stuff. Is this a Good deal? Has anybody tried this, and what have been your results? I'm sure it cleans faster, but are the final results as good as the old fashion corn cob medias?

Re: stainless tumbling media

Holy shit that's super cheap! I paid $50 for 5 lbs, unfortunately I don't buy anything from that piece of shit company... I will continue to pay $50.

To answer your other question, it's by far better than anything you have ever used. You will NEVER regret going to SS media, regardless of what you are currently using...

Switched to SS from corn cob and never looked back. Cases are 100% clean and do not require additional wipe downs once tumbled, just air dried. It is the real deal and I highly recommend it.

Thanks to all to responded! The price seems right, I placed my order last night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit that's super cheap! I paid $50 for 5 lbs, unfortunately I don't buy anything from that piece of shit company... I will continue to pay $50.

To answer your other question, it's by far better than anything you have ever used. You will NEVER regret going to SS media, regardless of what you are currently using... </div></div>
Just curious, why do you dislike them? I've always had good results and fast shipping. They are on the high end of the price scale, though.

For a follow up, I received my 5lbs of SS media from MidWay, and have used is on several "loads" of brass. It works very well! I went to WalMart and purchased some lemishine (sp) for about $3.00 (much cheaper than on line) and will be giving it a try along with the media, my guess is it will speed it up a bit, but without the addition of the Lemishine, it works very well. For $35.00/5 pounds of the SS media, I think MidWay has a winner.