• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Stainlss Browning Buckmark vs Stnls Ruger Mark 2,

Re: Stainlss Browning Buckmark vs Stnls Ruger Mark 2,

They're about equal.
AAC used to make an intergrated suppressed Ruger Mk II but I think they've recently gone to the Buckmark because it's some much easier to disassemble to clean. Both are intergrated suppressors so you really, for the most part, discern the difference between the suppressed pistol and the un-suppressed.

Regardless, I've shot both and really enjoyed it. With standard velocity ammo all one hears is the operation of the action and the impact of the bullet against the target.

The nice thing about the buckmark is they are built a lot simpler and you can put a threaded barrel on it without having to fill out paperwork because the barrel on the buckmark isn't serialized like it is on the ruger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The nice thing about the buckmark is they are built a lot simpler and you can put a threaded barrel on it without having to fill out paperwork because the barrel on the buckmark isn't serialized like it is on the ruger.</div></div>

+1

I've used a Ruger since I had a Browning and had light firing pin strikes a lot with it.

They are both probably decent guns, another merit of the Browning is the open slide that lets carbon escape. The Ruger will get dirty faster but mine doesn't have light strikes often.

Still I've had a hard time finding a rimfire platform that was as reliable as I'd like one to be. The Marvel 1911 conversion was one of the best for reliability, but that came with the need to have a 1911 lower, and also it shot sparks back at the shooters face because they made it to fit 3 different extractors (.45/.40/9mm) leaving an opening in the slide that had a tendency to do that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The nice thing about the buckmark is they are built a lot simpler and you can put a threaded barrel on it without having to fill out paperwork because the barrel on the buckmark isn't serialized like it is on the ruger.</div></div> Actually it's the "upper" of the ruger. The barrel itself will unscrew. No numbers on the actual barrel.

Griff,

The problem you are experiencing with the light strikes on the Ruger is a pita and very simple to fix. Light strikes have plagued that platform ever since the quality of the firing pin itself went out the window. The issue was two fold, terrible hardening and a sloppy job of finishing off the rear lower strike surface. What is supposed to be a straight rear of that pin can often times been seen with the naked eye as having the lower 1/2 ground down and off angle.

The fix is to get a new firing pin from somebody other than Ruger, avoid stainless, I use this one, Majestic (1/2 way down the page):

http://www.majesticarms.com/id10.html

I never had the issue return.

Michael, you said Mark II, if you can find a great one do it. Avoid the Mark III as it is a California Lawyer's pistol. The Marks end with II, the III's have a sloppy chamber and pop...and a whole host of other very real issues that we have spoken about at length on other threads.

Mark II, absolutely do it.

Killer mentions an "integrated" suppressor. I think he is talking about an integral suppressor and that is an important decision only you can make. A good integral shoots High velocities and reduces them down to just shy of super sonic. They are tuned, delivering the highest possible range, power, purge and It also can put the barrel under compression making for a very accurate pistol. Everybody should have one integral .22 pistol at some point in their life.

go with the US PALM 22 for US palm. Cost alot but the damn thing shoots and runs. It is a bob marvel upper and a caspian lower
two words
BAD ASS

Had both and prefer the buckmark for running a can. I like the open action on the buckmark. As was mentioned above swapping barrels is simple on a buckmark. Ruger it's fixed.

Take the Buckmark and remove the mag saftey spring then flip the sear spring and you have around a 4lb. crisp trigger.

BuckmarkP22.jpg