• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Love star wars, i just wish disney would try and stray away from the skywalkers.... Its such a big universe why keep it so small?

I agree. I'd like to see some background on Fett, Solo, ect..Even more, how about some history on the Sith?

Yeah, we're looking forward to this upcoming movie here too. So much so, that My Lady has actually asked me to make her a light-sabre. Makes for interesting conversations, believe me.

I just hope they don't recycle the same plot from Empire Strikes Back. I mean honestly it already seems incredibly similar. Funny the more i watch TFA the more i dislike it, while Rogue One has become my second favorite Star Wars movie behind A New Hope.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YtuhHqgSdJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just hope they don't recycle the same plot from Empire Strikes Back. I mean honestly it already seems incredibly similar. Funny the more i watch TFA the more i dislike it, while Rogue One has become my second favorite Star Wars movie behind A New Hope.

Absolutely! +1

Here's my thoughts...

the little kid, the one that grew up with ALL of the action figures and models, want to see the Dark Side really feel the power of the Jedi. That little boy wants to see the X wing fighters destroy everything that flies against them.

The adult would like to see a resolution rather than a never ending cliff hanger leading to the next movie. They have plant of "universe to run with. A guy I worked with was a huge comic book fan and he was telling me that in one, Luke literally used the Force to pull a Star Destroyer from the sky and crash it in the planet. Would love to see that power in the movie.

Love star wars, i just wish disney would try and stray away from the skywalkers.... Its such a big universe why keep it so small?

0l5aBBN.jpg

I'd like to see what Vader did from when he got the suit and helmet till he boarded Leia's ship. I'm sure that would make a hell of a movie(s).

I wouldn't consider myself a Star wars fanatic by any means, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this one!

No spoilers...

My opinion was that it was good. Action was fairly fast paced making time fly by. For me there weren't any real "DAMN" or "what the hell?" Moments.

comedy was scattered throughout this one that I liked. All in all I enjoyed it but that little kid in me still wants to see the Force open a can of whoop ass on the dark side.

The "big-picture" of the movie was good, however the content was ruined by bad writing. I would agree this was 'prequel level' quality of writing. I had high expectations going into this movie because of the writer/director. I like a lot of Rian Johnsons other films, but this put him on my shit list.
Visually-amazing, but the story line is ruined with some seriously bullshit scenes...

I honestly thought it was the worst Star Wars film I’ve ever seen. The positives were that John Williams did the score. That’s it. It was awful. At least the new generation brought us rogue one

Reactions: earthquake
I honestly thought it was the worst Star Wars film I’ve ever seen. The positives were that John Williams did the score. That’s it. It was awful. At least the new generation brought us rogue one

Haven't seen yet (next week). But given Jar Jar Binks this is a strong statement.

My daughter and son in law, who are star wars geeks saw it.... They were disappointed...said was was way to much commercialization to sell products, but the FX were good. Guess not really a surprise.

I saw it.....stood in line for the first movie back in '76.....always enjoyed them and took them for what they were....good sci-fi drama. I had a few issues with the new film but nothing like some of my "Star Wars afficianado" friends have. They hated it. I think the issue is that they are expecting the new SW's to somewhat adhere to or follow the previous 30 years worth of SW cannon material. Instead Disney has basically dismissed all the story lines written in almost 200 Star Wars books and short stories.......which has pissed a few off......

I saw it.....stood in line for the first movie back in '76.....always enjoyed them and took them for what they were....good sci-fi drama. I had a few issues with the new film but nothing like some of my "Star Wars afficianado" friends have. They hated it. I think the issue is that they are expecting the new SW's to somewhat adhere to or follow the previous 30 years worth of SW cannon material. Instead Disney has basically dismissed all the story lines written in almost 200 Star Wars books and short stories.......which has pissed a few off......

I'd say it's more than a few. People are petitioning to have 8 wiped from history on the basis that it shouldn't exist lol.

I haven't seen it yet, so I appreciate there have been no spoilers yet. Thank you!

Based on what I'm reading above, I wanted to point out that I have the Timothy Zahn books that were the only books approved by Lucas as the "sequels" to the (then) three original movies. They are good. I have been looking forward to those movies ever since. I thought the prequels may have been the sequels but no. I like some of the new directions and side stories with the Rogue one side line (great commercially for Disney and a good way to test alternate story lines)- which brings me back on point... The original story has endured so long because it's a great story. Not amazingly original or anything but something audiences of all ages can relate to in one way or another. I do wish they would "stay the course" with the original story and leave the experimentation to the "summer" movie thread. Rogue 2 etc...

Also pissed about the re-write where R2-D2 gets spat out in the Dagobah swamp and Luke says "I guess it's a good thing you don't taste very good." which was edited out when the special edition was done. Just clean up the rubylith and other shit (semi-transparent snow speeders during interior shots) and let it fly. Sometimes you need to leave stuff alone, ya know?

My wife and I watched it last night, it was entertaining, but... We both felt it was lacking, with several WTF moments. I don't know... it's possible that growing up with episodes 4-6, maybe I am just not capable of seeing another Star Wars movie and leave thinking it was equal too or better than those first released movies.

I just got back... when we got there, only the 3D was playing unless we wanted to wait another hour... which we didn't.

First, 3D technology has come a long way! But, honestly, the 3D did nothing for me. By the end, I didn't even notice it.

That said, I loved it! It was entertaining as all get up. I was in suspense for much of it. Edge of my seat a few times. The action was good without being stupid over the top. The light saber scenes were fantastic. There was some good humor and even the little kitten penguin things were more cute than annoying.

The best Star Wars? No.... probably not. Worth seeing? Absolutely fantastic and worth watching!

Cheers and may the Force be with you!

Sirhr

As someone who isn’t a Star Wars geek, I really enjoyed the movie. A few years back, my son and I watched the movies in chronological order (I figured at the age of 6 or 7 the 3 originals then the 3 prequels would confuse him). In my “non Star Wars obsession”, the movies have gotten better because the FX and action. I always thought the majority of the movies were very slow. At least the newest ones are pretty fast paced.

This is probably considered blasphemy, but in this new movie (and in the first 3 for that matter), I’ve always felt like Mark Hamil is a really bad actor.

Hey! Mark was great in corvette summer...

not really.

Just look at at all the other movies he’s been in.

Well, the above list sums it up.

Maybe hes he’s not a good actor? But, I appreciate them keeping the original actor (good or bad) for the part. Coming up with a new Luke just wouldn’t work.

I haven't seen it yet, so I appreciate there have been no spoilers yet. Thank you!

Based on what I'm reading above, I wanted to point out that I have the Timothy Zahn books that were the only books approved by Lucas as the "sequels" to the (then) three original movies. They are good. I have been looking forward to those movies ever since. I thought the prequels may have been the sequels but no. I like some of the new directions and side stories with the Rogue one side line (great commercially for Disney and a good way to test alternate story lines)- which brings me back on point... The original story has endured so long because it's a great story. Not amazingly original or anything but something audiences of all ages can relate to in one way or another. I do wish they would "stay the course" with the original story and leave the experimentation to the "summer" movie thread. Rogue 2 etc...

Also pissed about the re-write where R2-D2 gets spat out in the Dagobah swamp and Luke says "I guess it's a good thing you don't taste very good." which was edited out when the special edition was done. Just clean up the rubylith and other shit (semi-transparent snow speeders during interior shots) and let it fly. Sometimes you need to leave stuff alone, ya know?

See i didn't read the books or any of the extended universe just seen all the movies quite a lot and it tarnishes their reputation and the characters established in the original trilogy. It's star wars by title and in reality just a mass appeal Sci Fy film. Which is basically all hollywood can churn out now. Anything with originality to it has Denis Villeneuve behind it or is an indie film. Big budget films suck ass these days. I feel like TV has picked up the ball where cinema left off in the early to mid 2000s.