• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Starting think you guys are full of shit

Evan03

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Post your results with scopes under 1k.
my first long range scooe is a swfa ss ffp 3-15. I've now cranked thed knobs on the similar powerful night force though that is second focal plain but cistern about 1500 more yes I looked through it to.
also looked through mk4s ffp and second focal plain.

realy my swfa 3-15 is enjoyable too look through its zero is holding and I've cranked the knobs and made single shot hits from 400 600 and 800. I admit I missed at 1100 or my spotter did not see it.

the night force I looked through was an older model with no zero stop. My ss I've set up with a zero stop. I've cranked and hith rocks and critters.

so if a 700 dollar optic can be repeatable and co.Pete with 2000 glass then why buy 2000 over 700 and get the smell outcome. So you make out the whiskers on a deers face better at 700yds?

If you're looking for more magnification at a budget price.....Here are a couple:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...e-matte-finish

This one will have you shooting the wings off of flies at 1K for sure: https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...t-matte-finish

It sounds like you might have over purchased at $700........with the two scopes listed above.....either will function just fine....I'm sure. And if you sold your expensive scope....you'd buy the new scope and have left over cash for more ammo....Win / Win!

Last edited:
I two lick to posst when dranking I did.

The Derp is strong with this one!

Reactions: Snowcapped
Post your results with scopes under 1k.
my first long range scooe is a swfa ss ffp 3-15. I've now cranked thed knobs on the similar powerful night force though that is second focal plain but cistern about 1500 more yes I looked through it to.
also looked through mk4s ffp and second focal plain.

realy my swfa 3-15 is enjoyable too look through its zero is holding and I've cranked the knobs and made single shot hits from 400 600 and 800. I admit I missed at 1100 or my spotter did not see it.

the night force I looked through was an older model with no zero stop. My ss I've set up with a zero stop. I've cranked and hith rocks and critters.

so if a 700 dollar optic can be repeatable and co.Pete with 2000 glass then why buy 2000 over 700 and get the smell outcome. So you make out the whiskers on a deers face better at 700yds?

No reason. You are happy with your scope and it works for you. Good enough. End of story. Others want more or different and are willing to pay for it. Different shit for different guys.

But do yourself a favor and get behind a night force beast or Vortex gen2 or S&B. None of them will magically make you a better shot, but the view is just so nice.

Last edited:
Hey Evan,

Your post is kind of hard to follow. Maybe you should consider the edit function at the bottom of your post? Just a thought. My first real long range scope was a $360 Nikon Buckmaster Second focal plane 3-18x42? w/ turrets Mil reticle and Moa dials on my savage 10 FCP-SR 308. I didn't know much when I started down this road. Scope before that was a Nikon prostaff 3-12x42 with BDC on my Mossberg MVP 24" 556/223. I was just taking baby steps until a friend gave me Litz's book and invited me to a weekend longrange class for $50. Boy did I get my money's worth out of that class. I shot out to 1100y at the class with the buckmaster. At around 1500 rounds down the pipe, shooting some of my stout reloads the windage know came a little loose and sheared its self off due to recoil. I did manage to make shots out to 1200 yards with the buckmaster, before dying a swift death.

After my scope broke, I started looking at the gen 1 razors, the 35mm tube was a deal breaker. Then the Gen 2 came out and I didn't know where to go or what to buy? I knew I didn't need to have 27X of the new Gen 2 on my 308. I waited, then the Burris XTR2 5-25x 50 came out and I fell in lust with it. Bought it and didn't look back. It was 1/2 the price of the Vortex Razor gen 2. with all the functions.

My point is you can compete these day with all the functions of Tier 1 scopes in the function department, but not the glass itself. I've been banging the Sig Sauer drum around here for a while now its made me a believer that you can have it all. I bought the Tango 4 line 3-12x42 FFP for $650 and I think its the cats ass! People on this site love to say "Buy once, Cry once!" only because it's TRUE!!!!

When you spend the big bucks usually you get a lifetime warranty that backs up your investment. Most people generally buy cheap scopes and don't shoot much. Guys around here shoot thousands of rounds a year and use there equipment as its intended for. On the other hand you can go to the for sale section here and find some nice equipment that is barley used. When you go down the precision road, you see what is out there and realize it is an investment in happniess for yourself. Sure, you can get the job done with less expensive equipment, I didn't say cheap. My story is proof. Sure you can buy corvette and be happy. Wouldn't you like to be driving a Ferrari or Porsche?

Just my $.02

IanHusaberg out

Last edited:
Go find yourself a local remedial education program that offers assistance with English writing.

Then come back here, clean your shit up and try again. Most here are not going to answer questions from someone who types worse than their 5th grader.

Last edited:
You are paying for durability, repeatability, glass, and features.

As with anything in this world, you do eventually reach a point of diminishing returns. Those diminishing returns matter to some of us, to others not so much.

This is why "which scope should I buy?" threads are so pointless. It is very subjective within each price range. You might love something I hate, and vice versa.

Example: I don't like Nightforce all that much. I had bad luck with all 3 I owned. Give me Kahles or Steiner military all day long in that price bracket.

Actually you don't need to hold my hand. Good my beer and watch this. Itl be good.

I paye 350 for my ffp ss 3-15.
I thought I wanted a 22power but I was wrong.
in the optit's world of do know what youh pay for is what you get.
just trying to figure out what exactly we get. I have 2500 invested on canyon camera and lense. In the camera world that's just kinda ho hum.
in firearms site world 700 is junknown but I love and every one that looKS through 8s like the lats clear.
I'm noth down grading 2 grand I just wanth thosed that do g have two grand can get in game to
with swfa ss ath hon. you can play and play with high stuff for a fraction out of your pocket
I tried to edit this but have to manuh beers screw it lol.

For fuck sake man, sleep it off and try again tomorrow, if you even remember you were here... Never drink and drive/type, it's dangerous, you could injure yourself or someone else....

It's kinda like chicks, at 2 am big ol buffarilla ain't looking so bad.
At 7 am the next morning your ready to chew your own arm off to get out.
Hot chick looks good all the time.
The moral of the story: Both will get your nut off but one is much nicer before,during and after.

R

The OP has point. He has a decent scope with repeatable hits to suffice the 2 moa reality. The SWFA is a contract design. It only costs about 75% less. Insulting the OP is not answering his concerns. And don't get you're feelings hurt just because the title is in our own company language. Get real.

To be clear, I wasn't knocking his choice of scope. His post is just plain hard to read.

Exactly!!! He's the one that needs to get real, real sober that is.... Congrats!! You have a SWFA..

You got a scope that by most is considered a very good scope for the money.

To insinuate that others spending 2x or 3x or 4x what you did have some how been taken for a ride simply highlights your ignorance on the topic.

Are those high end scopes needed to make hits...no! Hell those scope are far superior to what most of our top snipers have used for the past 30+!years so clearly the answer is no.

I think in your post best I could follow you compared yours to a nightforce SFP. I'm assuming and NXS. A scope that is still considered very good but no longer tier 1 and is what a 15 year old design? There have been major changes to scopes in the last 10 years and even more in the last 5. Feature sets have gotten much better

You can get a mustang that does 150mph. But it's not go to hang long term in various conditions with a Porsche at those speeds

As you move up the tiers from your scope you gain little bits in different areas. Even more accurate repeatability. Better clarity, better low light performance. Like most things the return per dollar diminishes. It becomes exponentially more expensive for smaller and smaller increases in performance.

Same with rifles. A tikka t3 off the shelf will shoot 1 Moa. Typically better than that. So if $600 gets you less than 1 Moa why spend $1000 or $2000 or $5000 on a rifle to get 1/2 Moa or 1/4moa.
So for 90% that $600 tikka and $700 swfa is all that is needed. And for the other 5%. Looking to achieve that 99% of performance it just won't due. And for the top 5% of shooters angling for that last % or performance nothing but tier 1 equipment will due as they try to reduce the stacking of tolerances across the board so that when they miss they know it was them and nothing else is left to question but to train harder and smarter.

So stop trying to piss in everyone else's cheerios, cause had you not approached this like a fool no one would have pissed in yours

And if your at all concerned that maybe you over paid for your swfa. I'm sure there are some top tier counter sniper scopes out there you can pick up. And no one is going to argue that they market the best features for the dollar out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: .50 Cal Cow
I really would like to hear your questions when you are clear headed and sober. There are alot of good guys on this site that want to help people with less knowledge and experience. Try it again sober my friend.....

Been drinkin' beers? Hm... Hey I've got a really sweet Tasco scope I'll sell. Why pay $700 for a scope when you can pay $80? Both of them magnify. In fact, the Tasco magnifies all the way to 9x. Not even a $700 Aimpoint T2 can do that!

Tucks tail and runs.

I'll agree scopes more than 1500 are bad ass. Good glass is good glass no matter how we cut it.

the title of this I see was beer wrong. But the post is not about high priced stuff it's about the stuff at a grand or less
the stuff us broke ass drunk guys like myself can afford.

Again, he has a point. He asked people to post results using <$1k scopes. This similar thread came up the other day and put some cheap results up...

Thats fair but you don't get real answers by starting off a thread telling everyone they are full of it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Now, if someone would really like to learn about the underlying question posed I'm sure there are a lot of great guys here that would take the time to discuss it.

Reticle design is a major factor and this also plays into the decision of looking at higher end optics too get your favorite. On a budget we see a lot of Burris XTR II optics with the SCR reticle in our classes, about the best choice on a 1k optic IMHO. Two things sell optics turret design/function and reticle design. I tell students get the best optic you can, use it, learn it, if it works keep it.

Last edited:
Well, with that in mind there is nothing wrong SWFA reticle or turrets.

"so if a 700 dollar optic can be repeatable and co.Pete with 2000 glass then why buy 2000 over 700 and get the smell outcome."

It really is worth an extra $1300 for that "smell" alone.
I love the smell of nice glass in the morning!

27212194.jpg

Reactions: wxl
He should be glad that everyone still hasn't migrated over from scout yet, or it would really be bad....

Scout was timid compared to the people that will re-up now that we're back. In fact, the OP is probably one of them under an assumed id. Wait until Nobody comes in for a while.

Tucks tail and runs.

I'll agree scopes more than 1500 are bad ass. Good glass is good glass no matter how we cut it.

the title of this I see was beer wrong. But the post is not about high priced stuff it's about the stuff at a grand or less
the stuff us broke ass drunk guys like myself can afford.

You could afford it if you stopped spending all of your money on booze....just saying.

I AM 100% full of shit , I got a new to me rifle and convinced the ol' lady that there was no way in hell I could hit anything past 200 yds without an ATACR.

Can't go wrong with this beauty.

I thought Super Counter Sniper had fully mined all of the Unobtainium that they could find on Pluto. Maybe they found some on Mars......and we can still purchase one of these beauties new??

Not really fair to include this scope with far inferior scopes that are $1500 or less. I'm sure the original price of $9-$10K when they were first introduced....must be pushing $15K by now.

Gets the blood pumping: http://www.countersniperoptics.com/CSO_Spread_Web.pdf

Sorry....Bum information....seems they lowered the price to just over $6,000.00. And they'll let you order a set of military overrun rings for $600-$700.
Departments | 10/40-56 35 mm Weapon Mountable Optical Gunsights

66.jpg

The New Revolutionary 35mm maintube sized extreme distance target interdiction gunsight. 10x-40x 35mm body, 56mm Primary Objective, SideFocus, IR Invisible Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized Body (Titanium), MIL Spec Anodized in T6160 Aircraft Aluminum. Patent Pending Lockable Turrets, Proprietary-230-+485°F stable Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multicoated optics for dusk/dawn/shadow enhanced transmissivity, with proprietary HydroShear™ water/ice displacement coating, DustCaster™ Ion-charge for ant-static dust displacement, InfraShield™ IR spectrum filtering coating, TitaniStar™ 68 Rockwell Mil-spec antiscratch coating. Titanium versions feature aspheric hybrid primary and secondary lens groups, Aircraft Aluminum features Extra Low Dispersion apochromatic lenses. Proprietary rare earth/nitrogen gas purged, hard earth sealed, Variable Tri-Color Illuminated, TDRM Tactical Distance Ranging Mildot .25-1.0 Milliradian Marked rear plane reticles, 5000g test- Lifetime Unconditional Warranted in Titanium, Limited Lifetime Warranty in Aluminum . May be US Gov. Property Marked, Night Vision and Video Vision Compatible, Export Prohibited. LIMITED availability of initial contract/eval/designate production runs, Aluminum only, may show minor mounting marks.(does not come with rings!)Contract Overruns carry a 10 yr. manufacturer warranty.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]PDF Specification Sheet[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]DOH351
10/40-56R Titanium Aspheric Gunsight
[/FONT] [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.countersniperoptics.com\/img\/image_zoom.jpg"}[/IMG2]
$6046.95
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]DOH305
10/40-56R Aluminum Gunsight
[/FONT] [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.countersniperoptics.com\/img\/image_zoom.jpg"}[/IMG2] [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.countersniperoptics.com\/img\/pdf.gif"}[/IMG2]
$3001.95
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]DOH372
*Contract Overun*CSO ALUMINUM series 10-40X56 35 MM TUBE (RINGS INCLUDED)
[/FONT]
$713.95
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]DOH326
*CONTRACT OVERRUN* CSO Aluminum Series 10/40-56R (does not come with rings)
[/FONT]
$660.95

© Copyright 2014 Counter Sniper Optics

Last edited:
You could afford it if you stopped spending all of your money on booze....just saying.
Thanks for the laugh Ficken, I was thinking the same thing until I read your post.

I see you found the edit function at the bottom of your 1st post and improved it so we can some what read/understand your train of thought. Without guessing or making assumptions. Well,..... it may be to late for that!! You shouldn't have deleted your second post/response? I doubt you'll live this down anytime soon. Your right up there with Walt Willis. I'll give you a little unsolicited advice, take your drunk post to The Bear Pit section. You won't be judged so harshly there. I think it's normal to drink and post there. I know, guilty of it a time or two. I thought I'd check back in here to see what kind of beating your taking and deserve! 4 pages long and still going. How long is it until this thread is locked?

You can't fix stupid with the edit function but you sure as hell can fix your spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure!

IanHusaberg out

Last edited:
I like to get fucked up too! I don't usually tell people they are full of shit, I get to thinking about totally unorthodox ideas that have absolutely no practical value, unless your all fucked up, then they make great sense! Have another one buddy, just pace yourself.
Oh, I had a SWFA once upon a time.;)

You edited your post and still missed the preposition adverb usage.

I still run a $599 dollar Vortex.
It tracks well and has served me well.

Ive ran it side by side with scopes costing 4x as much.
Clarity and other features were easily noticed on the costlier optics.
If I could easily afford the costlier scopes it would be an easy choice.

I AM 100% full of shit , I got a new to me rifle and convinced the ol' lady that there was no way in hell I could hit anything past 200 yds without an ATACR.

Haha me too. Very full of shit. I've got her convinced that the animals just don't die humanely unless it's a defiance in a Manners stock with a razor AMG. Oh and yeah I've been drinking too/two/to? Not sure I'm drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk