• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Starting to get my doubts.

Re: Starting to get my doubts.

Got this yesterday....

Dear U.S. Optics Customer,

Due to an increased amount of orders all lead times have been extended. We apologize for the delay but wanted to let you know that we are working hard to ship all orders as efficiently as possible. Please feel free to contact U.S. Optics with any questions or concerns.

We appreciate your patience.

Respectfully,

I was quoted 12-16 weeks when I ordered in April. Now they are extending, but not telling me by how long. I am happy they sent an email, but should have put a ball park time period, end of Summer, Christmas? I'm sure it will be ready at the worst possible time- after I spend the money I'm sittin' on to pay for it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think its the long wait that bothers SIT, I think its the date that keeps getting pushed back without any communication from USO until he calls them.

I too would be pissed. If a date changes more than once or twice, something isnt right and needs to be fixed on USO's end.</div></div>

I totally agree!!!!!!!!

I don't see any freaking whining! If someone had my money and they said a date to be expected, it would be a concern. I know things get delayed, but when a date is pushed 2 or 3 times.

I was under the impression that it was standard 'business etiquette' that if you were unable to provide a product or service in the agreed/quoted timeframe, you at the very least should allow your customer the CHOICE to continue waiting or to recieve their depostit back. Especially in the case were I havnt even started on the order for whatever reason.

At least that what its like at my busniess and all the busniesses I deal with. It might not be OUR fault that a product is delayed (and there are thousands of reasons why these things happen), but it sure as hell isn't my customers fault either.

My 0.02AUD lol

Hell, why not have a link on the site where u could log in, enter your order number and see where your at in line. No more bugging becky, no more stopping progress cause u want to know where your build is. Quick, easy, and you'll know where u stand and why it's late

I can't really relate since I bought my USO with all the features I wanted on the hide and had it in about a week, but as was said before, it seems that all the custom guys are completely overloaded right now. I know it's hard, but I wouldn't judge USO too harshly given the current circumstances. I'm still waiting on a magazine from Glen Seekins, which was said to be done in March, than 3 weeks ago he said I would have it in 2 weeks. Look at Glen's rep, he's a great guy, and I understand that he's under a lot of pressure right now. I'm going to give him all the time he needs, because I know I will get a great product. I'm just saying that the custom businesses are having a hard time keeping up with the flood of orders and the CS that goes along with it. Give them a chance, they'll come through, and things should calm down soon.

So Glen, where's my magazine?
grin.gif

s.i.t.

It all seems and sounds simple enough but everything costs money. Software programs aren't cheap and all come out of overhead. Small companies will always struggle when it gets to the point of keeping a handle on things and just out of control.

I am not sticking up for USO on this as I am in the waiting pattern too. But I have plenty of experience in the manufacturing seen, managing spares and logistics. Even a simple Access program is better then tracking things on paper but then again it's Johns business. Maybe as they grow they will then be able to invest in a software system to help manage the process.

Until then I will just wait and be patient. Hope they keep up the good work!!!

Like I had to do with a custom gun maker..... call them up and say listen, I would really love to have the scope I ordered but if you cant deliver it in a reasonable time frame I would like to get refunded. I had a guy that was designing pistols and outsourcing the work to a pistol maker in Florida, this dude lived in Virginia. He needed payment up front for a custom pistol to pay for all the parts and pay for this guys labor. So I stupidly paid him and it took him a YEAR to get my gun to my FFL dealer.

Now that is a hell of a wait! I know waiting sucks, but its just like the ATF they used to take 2-4 weeks to approve class 3 items, then it went to 7 weeks. Now its at 3-4 months!! Its all about the amount of people adding orders. Call and talk to Jeff, he always has helped me.

good luck

Alright, I think some people need reading comprehension. We all know USO puts out one of the best optics, We all know that the firearm industry in a whole is swamped, especially the custom big ticket items. Fact is, We don't mind waiting for the good stuff.. But when a manufacturer or builder gives a time frame, they need to be able to deliver in that time frame. If they get overloaded after you put your order in and it delays your order, they need to tell you and give you options and should be able to tell you roughly how much longer. Not next month, and then next month again and so on. If you order when they are swamped already and tell you 12 weeks, it should be 12 weeks ,maybe a week late. Then if it keeps getting postponed, they have an issue that needs to be dealt with. Bottom line is, Any on the ball business owner knows how long it takes to get a job accomplished with a given number of employee's. If you were to just tell me it will be sometime next winter, That's all well and fine.. I will call when the winter rolls around and at that point I would expect a much more accurate time to finish. And this is not directed to USO or anyone. It just how it should be with anything that there is a waiting list for and that's my .02

I am not defending or criticizing USO or the posters but the US, the world and economy are in the tank. It will get worse. I am not an economist but have deep roots in the retail world running a local mom pop outdoor shop in Anchorage Alaska. There is virtually no credit for anyone in the business world for raw materials, manufacturing and payroll. This has slowed everything down.

Company A needs coin to dig raw material, they cannot get coin so they have to slow down and cut back on digging. Equipment breaks and again they cannot get coin for fix or buy new.

Company B has orders with A. Company A says prepay so we can dig but B cannot get coin either. A has mad customers as does B with C.

Company C has orders from consumers. Company B says prepay for your orders so we can order and fill your orders, so B can give A coin to help the whole process. C cannot get credit either. But, C did have some coin left over and goes ahead and pays B. Now, C has angry customer and C wants to help them and wants coin back from B, but B has spent it to A and to pay its bills.

One small nick the chain stops the whole process. I remember around 03 when one of my vendors who also was their own manufacture came out with a new high speed ice screw. The whole fall preseason for all retailers was found bad when they ran it through their QA. So, retailers, and some wholesalers and the vendor had mad prepay customers and we all lost major coin that fall. It took 8 months to recover.

On top of this, the firearm lovers are/wanting to spend coin creating deep holes in the inventory chain. This all has created a bad deal for everyone.

I know when we had our tuning machine go down, it took about a week to fix it and we got back logged, you have no idea at the mad customers some who paid up front. We charged ahead trying to fix it and then tune. Its very hard to stop when you want to charge ahead wanting to fix an issue to better serve your customers. And yes, we received massive phone calls everyday, and we tried to take each one but this is not an Inc. with 100 people to answer phones, I had 8 employees all trying to charge ahead to help. We had paper on each customer, too small to pay $10,000 plus for computers and software. I had one employee take each tag one at a time to call each customer so the paper matches the tune, help us all if the paper does not match the tune, it consumed hours to days when this person was taken away from fixing and tuning. While on one call the phone would ring from a just called customer. And yes, we had those who said hire more help, my reply was, wish I could but in order to pay them, my services must go up, then they got mad at this. I did my best to give free future service and it helped but it is hard for consumers to understand how the whole process works. One small chink in the chain from raw to retail can have a major ripple effect and many are outside control. Had a whole container coming across the pond fall off the ship. Most consumers do not care, its not their problem, give me now.

As a society, we have become very impatient, I want it now and cheap but quality. We are so bombarded from intel all day long we need that constant feed of intel. The days of ordering hand made boots, then sit back got to work and wait for them to be delivered are gone.

This was not directed towards anyone. I want my GAP the day after I ordered it. I want my USO the next day too. Its hard to wait and its hard when intel is not there but its the economy, retail and society we live in now. It will get worse as coin drys up and us gun nuts want more guns, ammo, reloading, sights, kit, etc.

When there is an actual fist fight between 2 customers in a gun shop down in Anchorage over a single one pound can of Varget, you know we are heading down the wrong path.

Keep in mind that, as a business model, USO is in a tough spot because it is a small shop that caters to a very small and specialized market segment.

I'm not defending USO, but sometimes the delays are beyond their control. For example: I, too, have been waiting since January. I ordered a Horus reticle. Horus reticles are not always available from Horus; and when they are some of them are F'd up and can't be used because they don't work properly (This info is not to be sourced to USO, I've seen it happen myself after they have been built into scopes). That said, I was told May 5 that they would have an answer to my question in two days - and I'm still waiting.

I'm not worried, though, I hear that Becky and Arnold are swamped and that they are doing their best. I, for one, would rather wait a bit and have a product that functions properly the first time rather than receive a rush-job that must be sent back. I'm sure USO feels the same way, because they can't make a profit by fixing returns.

I guess if the guys are sitting around chatting over cigars and drinks at USO to cause continuous delays I would be as pissed as SIT at USO, but that is far from the truth as I've seen with my own eyes with my last visit as recent as a week ago to their shop. All of them have jobs to do with regards to orders, logistics, builds (parts, reticles, scopes, etc.), and other odds and ends, and they are all working very hard at it. Some here have commented about the need to introduce CMS (customer management system) tools to improve work flow and tracking... I am in the process of doing that for the company I work for now and that take more time and money than you can imagine (software, IT support, time and salary, etc.). Instead of doing something like that, USO has elected to invest their money into more employees and their training so they can get more hands on building the scopes that you all are waiting for, but again that does take some time because the learning curve is high as you can imagine.

One of these threads complaining about promises not kept by USO comes up about once a month ever since their shop accident. USO customers are all different, with some who are fine with waiting, and some who are not fine with waiting, or waiting on an escalating time frame. USO can't please everyone but they sure do try.

S.i.t, have you spoken to John yet? If not, talk to him first, and then if his answer or action still does not satisfy you then post your dismay on here. There have been other threads where the rants and bashing continues on for 3 or 4 pages without communication between OP and the "man in charge" so to speak, and ending with one comment saying all has been taken care of; In the mean time the damage has been done and credibility of either OP or Company is questioned and nothing good comes from it.

I have my USO and I am very happy with it. Just my 2 pennies worth.

I hear ya pete. I talk to john via a pm and he seems just as frustrated about the wait as me. There trying and I understand that. Well just have to wait and see I guess

I waited longer than quoted time also personally but when this came into my sight all doubts & frustrations, if there were any to begin with (there weren't), went away in milliseconds...

USO52109010.jpg

It's hard to wait when you are trying build something you waited and saved a long time for. Me too.

USO may not be the "best" choice for everyone, but like has been said here, once you open that box, WOW! The wait is forgotten. I felt the same way. Patience is a vurtue that comes easier to some than others.

...Now, back to waiting for BO action, Hubert trigger and then GAP to finish putting it together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What r the specs </div></div>

For my scope?

SN3
3.8-22x
EREK 1/10 mil
US #1 M40 1/10 mil
Mil GAP reticle
Illuminated Rheostat (red)
30mm tube
44mm ERGO objective
Low profile eyepiece
2" sunshade with ARD
USO flip covers

My rifle is still in the parts collection stage so I guess the wait was easier since I won't have anything to mount this on for a while yet.

This is getting to be a pattern. Some guy complaining about the wait on uso scopes about every three weeks. Then the following week another guy receives his scope in the mail and is elated.

get a used bsa for 10 dollars and go shoot get your mind off the wait. It will be worth worth the wait.