• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Status on form 4 return

Surgeon_Shooter

Sure Shot Night Vision
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 2, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I have seen people say that thier form 4 is pending but how do they know that? Is there a number I can call to find out the status? I sent it off about a month or so ago so I know they have it by now. Thanks in advance.

Jay

Re: Status on form 4 return

304-616-4500
    Have your SN # ready
    Keep in mind that it has taken at a minimum a month to go pending.
    Around 60-90 for approval after that.

Thanks a lot man I'll callem Monday morning!

your looking at 4 or more months wait to get it back. last year it was 28 days round trip on one i got

+1

Sent a form 4 on July 3 went pending Aug 7 still pending as of this Friday hoping approval for the beggining of October! this is on a trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">304-616-4500
    Have your SN # ready
    Around 60-90 for approval after that. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Memo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1

Sent a form 4 on July 3 went pending Aug 7 still pending as of this Friday hoping approval for the beggining of October! this is on a trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">304-616-4500
    Have your SN # ready
    Around 60-90 for approval after that. </div></div> </div></div>

You will be lucky to be approved by end of Nov. I submitted June 1 Pending July 10 and still pending as of last week. Also using a trust.

I figured that it would take until Christmas or so because everything else has went slow with it so far. AAC took 5 months to get my cyclone to my dealer before I could start my paperwork! That's horrible! Also, how well does a 7.62 can work on a 5.56 rifle? Is it worth getting another one in 5.56?

Trusts, take about 1 month longer than a sign off, an lots of trusts are now being kicked back for one reason or the other. Guess I've been lucky, every CLEO has signed for me w/o issue. I had to state my case many years ago in Fl. but I got it signed there after.

Just had two more Form 1's signed, it took longer to drive (10 min) to the S/O than to due the prints an him to sign off. Was there about an 1 hr after that, as he wanted to talk about lots of things. BATF-E an LE does not bit. Talk to them, you'll find many are shooters as well, plus you may have something they may need at so point in time. It can work both ways, an they know that as well.

Some guys quit/give up a take the easy route.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You will be lucky to be approved by end of Nov. I submitted June 1 Pending July 10 and still pending as of last week. Also using a trust. </div></div>

It varies. My form 4 earlier this year took 6 weeks and 2 days from pending to approved.

My current form 4 is right at 6 weeks, so I'll call in a week to check on it.

Mine went in June via trust went from being sent and to in my hand in 88 days. I got mine last week.

I have to stop looking at these "pending" threads. Just gets me worked up on the two Form 1s and two Forms 4s I've had sitting for three months. About to submit a couple more Form 1s just because it takes so long. Guess I'll have those cans by next spring...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trusts, take about 1 month longer than a sign off, an lots of trusts are now being kicked back for one reason or the other.
    </div></div>

100% Not True...

I have a CLEO signed form 4 that has been pending since July 8th and a CLEO signed form 1 that has been pending since June 17th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trusts, take about 1 month longer than a sign off, an lots of trusts are now being kicked back for one reason or the other.
    </div></div>

100% Not True... </div></div>

Just relaying what NFA Branch,... Dealers, an Mfg's around here are now telling me. My last form 1 was 89 days door to door sent May 1 this year.

Well I called the gut to find out what the status was, man that dude was a dick! It's hard to keep my mouth shut when someone is being an ass like that but I had to. I miss read the post above, I thought it said social security number, and it's the serial number of the weapon or item. My bad, any how I hope that guys asshole grows shut!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I called the gut to find out what the status was, man that dude was a dick! It's hard to keep my mouth shut when someone is being an ass like that but I had to. I miss read the post above, I thought it said social security number, and it's the serial number of the weapon or item. My bad, any how I hope that guys asshole grows shut!</div></div>

LOL....I've always gotten the nicest people on the phones. I always wonder how they can take calls like ours all day and stay so cheery!!

You must have drawn the short straw today.

I don't think they let me draw a straw. I think he was sittin there and said to a co worker " hey watch this I'm gonna talk to this next guy that calls like he's a retard" and then I called! Hahahaha it's funny now but wasn't this morning.

Form 4 Approved Today! Sep 28, 2009
    AAC M4-2000
    Sent beginning of July (Trust)
    Check cashed a few days later
    Pending: Aug 7
    Approved: Sep 28, 2009
    Examiner: Nicole Dudash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Memo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1

Have your SN # ready
    Around 60-90 for approval after that. </div></div> </div></div>

You will be lucky to be approved by end of Nov. I submitted June 1 Pending July 10 and still pending as of last week. Also using a trust. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think they let me draw a straw. I think he was sittin there and said to a co worker " hey watch this I'm gonna talk to this next guy that calls like he's a retard" and then I called! Hahahaha it's funny now but wasn't this morning. </div></div>

No it wasnt you, thats just how he is. I dont call very offten because its just makes it feel longer. One time I called and he answered and the guy who was driving the car I was in had his door open and the door open chime was going. He said "Sounds like you need to close your door Sir.", I said yeah its not my door. He said "Well you need to close his door or call me back" Real nice, I have a hard time being a dick back because I dont want him to mess with my forms.

My total time was 8 weeks and 1 day from check cashed to approved. Everyone at NFA I talked to was super nice. I did mine on trust and was surprised how easy and fast it was.

Congrats on the M4-2000 Memo. Mine has been pending since 31 June and still waiting. Hopefully I will get it by my birthday which is in October.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a CLEO signed form 4 that has been pending since July 8th and a CLEO signed form 1 that has been pending since June 17th. </div></div>

Form 4 approved September 28th
    wink.gif

Form 1 approved Oct 6th

Well I called again ad that guy is still an asshole, that's about the only thing I found out!

So, I finally called the ATF about my can. I sent in the paperwork on April 17, and the check cleared the bank on April 28. The ATF guy just said the paperwork was approved on July 29! He said he "can't imagine that I wouldn't have it by now."

I just figured the ATF was dragging. Now, I don't know??? I talked to my dealer last week about another transfer, he didn't say anything about the transfer in progress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I called again ad that guy is still an asshole, that's about the only thing I found out!</div></div>

LOL....I always get sweet ladies answering the phone, are you sure you're calling the right number?

Called my dealer, he hasn't seen the paperwork. So, I have to request an additional copy from the ATF, wonder how long that will take.

FWIW, the first time I called, the guy was pretty curt to start off with. I was polite to him, and he was friendly after a minute or two. Second call was a lady, she was friendly the whole time. Not sure what to tell you, SS!
    laugh.gif

Here are my dates

Bought 2 integral 22's in April, pending July 21st

Bought M16 and Uzi Mothers Day(great wife), pending August 12th

Looks to be the long haul on these

dmtsc

Check cashed 9/03/09
    Pending 9/21/09

Now I just need to send in the other three that I have in hand..

Check cashed 5/21
    Pending as of 7/5

Nothing else. Nada. Just sitting here on my ass wishing I could go to the range with my new can.

I must also be a glutton for punishment. I sent off paperwork on another 22LR can (YHM Mite) today. I should have my head examined.

Check cashed by BATFE on May 21, 2009.
    Form 4 stamed on October 23, 2009.

5 months, 2 days.

Examiner was Andrew

Paperwork sent June 1
    Check cashed June 3
    Pending July 10
    Just called this monring and it was approved Oct 26. (Hopefully the paperwork doesnt take 30 days to arrive)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You will be lucky to be approved by end of Nov. I submitted June 1 Pending July 10 and still pending as of last week. Also using a trust. </div></div>

It varies. My form 4 earlier this year took 6 weeks and 2 days from pending to approved.

My current form 4 is right at 6 weeks, so I'll call in a week to check on it. </div></div>

Agreed, it depends on who your examiner is. My Form 1 mailed in early April was back in my hands in less than 3 months. Some people have been waiting for 6 months and maybe more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trusts, take about 1 month longer than a sign off, an lots of trusts are now being kicked back for one reason or the other.
    </div></div>

100% Not True... </div></div>

+1 Completely not true. The last I heard, individual transfers were taking longer because the fingerprint cards get sent to the FBI for approval and the FBI was backlogged with processing the fingerprint cards. Trusts don't have fingerprint cards to send to the FBI, and they don't have CLEO sign-offs to get etc. I can't see how a trust would take longer. All the examiner does with the trust is check that grantor, trustees, and beneficiaries to make sure there aren't any problems etc.

Hopefully I'll be submitting paperwork for an AAC Element in a few weeks. I've never waited more than eight or nine weeks in the past, but some of these wait times have me realizing I need to get comfortable with waiting considerably longer this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paperwork sent June 1
    Check cashed June 3
    Pending July 10
    Just called this monring and it was approved Oct 26. (Hopefully the paperwork doesnt take 30 days to arrive) </div></div>

Should be seeing it very soon, had 4 Form 4's come in today that were approved Oct 23.

sent papers on oct. 2
    recevied on oct 6
    check cashed oct 9
    nov 6 got call from dealer is ready for pick up thats 30 days.

now thas fast!

I no longer need to watch this thread...
    grin.gif
    70 days, post mark on the envelope was the day after the approval signature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CountryBoy19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    +1 Completely not true. The last I heard, individual transfers were taking longer because the fingerprint cards get sent to the FBI for approval and the FBI was backlogged with processing the fingerprint cards. </div></div>

FWIW - I just spoke to my examiner on an unrelated subject and she confirmed that they are still doing them in house, they only get sent out if the prints are questionable or a flag is raised. - Just what I was told
    whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTETM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I no longer need to watch this thread...
    grin.gif
    70 days, post mark on the envelope was the day after the approval signature.</div></div>

+1 too but mine was 30 days!
    grin.gif