• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stay at home Karen!!!!

It's actually dangerous as F for the guy behind. Not just due to visibility but if it's melted and refrozen it's ice which in theory at 70mph on a now dry pavement could potentially go through or at least crack a windshield (and other damage).
I lost a windshield that way

So I’m up in Chardon Ohio. And had to get about 6 miles from I 90 down to Chardon.

Took an entire hour. Because an endless chain of stupid fucking Karen’s in their goddamn SUVs and Mercedes with no fucking snow tires and no goddamn clue how to drive in the snow but wearing five masks apiece I’ll have to be on the road?

What the fuck? This place is known as the lake effect capital of the world. It’s snows feet up here.

How the hell would you not be able to drive in the snow? How the hell would you not have your trophy- wife white suburban pick up truck equipped with decent tires. (And that was a dude. He is still a Karen.)

Again… WTF?

If you’re not equipped. If you’re terrified. If you’re incapable… stay the fuck home you stupid faggot. You are a danger to yourself and others. Why the hell are you on the road? Go make a zoom call if the rules can’t live without you for a couple of hours.

We need a proper pandemic to weed out about 100 million Karen’s. Ebola anyone? I’m rooting for 1919 again.

Let’s show people what a real slate wiper looks like. And we could start with the people using summer tires on their pick up trucks in the snow belt in January.

Sirhr
That sucks! There’s a good solid 30 inches of sunshine on the ground here in Phoenix, that shit is covering everything!

(Laughs in Sonoran desert)

Guess it could be like the main highway just outside of Anchorage. Sewer the chain ruts were so deep, all you had to do was work the pedals. Damn car would steer itself down the road

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Guess it could be like the main highway just outside of Anchorage. Sewer the chain ruts were so deep, all you had to do was work the pedals. Damn car would steer itself down the road

That can be very dangerous to do, as the rut may suddenly veer across the road because some big heavy truck turned off and one moment you are driving along the ruts without a care and then next moment you are veering into oncoming traffic.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
That can be very dangerous to do, as the rut may suddenly veer across the road because some big heavy truck turned off and one moment you are driving along the ruts without a care and then next moment you are veering into oncoming traffic.
Was only half serious. Only used the ruts when coming home from the bars and shouldn’t have been driving anyway

United States has the worst drivers in the World. Prove me wrong.

We… blah blah blah [snip].

Are you kidding me? You ever try driving in Naples? They make the Filipinos look good…

There is a reason the horn is called the Italian brake pedal.

And don’t even get me started about Egypt. Or Quebec? @Sean the Nailer can attest to those wizards…

US is positively all Fangio and Jackie Stewart by comparison.

Sirhr

Yeah, I should have said the USA has the worst drivers in the developed Western World.

My experience, granted limit compared to some on here, the USA has some of the rudest drivers, and full of them selves, like not letting you merge into traffic, or allowing you to pass them. The only exception is in Greece, I've often been stuck on a very narrow city street, where someone stops in the road, and runs into the Bakery to get a loaf of bread, and without a care for anyone else stuck behind them.

Reactions: 308pirate
So you were the slow person holding everyone else up?🤣

To hold someone up there would have to be someone behind me.

Here the traffic is bad on the interstate if you have to actually wait to pull out into the left lane. Generally pass 1-2 cars an hour on a normal day on a highway because I'm doing 75 in a 70.

To put it in perspective, my county is bigger than a few eastern states, with around 10,000 people.

The unofficial world record for snowfall in a 24-hour period occurred in Montague Township, New York (just downwind of Lake Ontario) when 77 inches fell on January 11, 1997. That lake effect storm ended up producing 95” of snow in just three days

It's actually dangerous as F for the guy behind. Not just due to visibility but if it's melted and refrozen it's ice which in theory at 70mph on a now dry pavement could potentially go through or at least crack a windshield (and other damage).
I've had two windshields broken by ice from vehicles in front of me. One was chunks off a semi, I saw it coming and thought I was going to die. Covered my face and leaned to the door. It was several fist sized balls of ice. Wrecked the windshield obviously.

Saw a video today of a minivan trying to drive up a slight hill, they had chains on, but on the rear tyres, not the front drive tyres and wondered why they were not getting traction lol
They just needed to back up the hill obviously....

• Love
Reactions: Dirty D
Driven in at least two thirds of the 50 states. Big cities including NY, DC, Atlanta and LA. I've never seen worse than Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Mexico and several others. Driven the length of South Korea from the Seoul to Pusan numerous times and I say they win the title.
This ^^^^^^:
Also had DLs in Saudi and Korea and a couple International DL. US drivers are pussys when compared to these places plus Cairo Egypt.

Seoul: The unwritten rule is : “You look, you lose”. If the other driver sees you look, they have the right of way. Only new cars don’t have dings.

Riyadh: The rule of the road is predestination- If God says today is your day to die then it doesn’t matter if you drive like an asshole. If God says today is not your day, then it doesn’t matter if you drive like an asshole.
Saw some horrific accidents.
And when you’re in an accident (I only had 2 / 2 years) guilt is determined by who is better connected.

I took a State Department driving safety course in Saudi, informally known as “Offensively Defensive Driving”.
In addition to learning how to survive grenade and Molotov Cocktail attacks while driving, learned how to block other lanes to prevent drivers in the left or straight lanes from making a right turn into your car, and some other techniques that tend to piss off other drivers but prevent vehicle contact.
Every now and then my wife tells me I’m “driving like a Saudi” when in heavy traffic and want to be safe :)

Cairo drivers O. M. G.
These guys make the Saudis and Koreans look like sedated babies napping. New car with no bumps or scrapes?, you are fair game. Watched our taxi driver lightly t-bone (with damage to the other cars 2 doors) another driver who cut us off. Both drivers got out, cussed each other out while blocking the intersection, smiled, wave at each other then drove off, our driver saying “There, I showed him”.
Most cars had major dings & damage.

Cairo Crazies wins hands down.

+1 EddyNFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
This ^^^^^^:
Also had DLs in Saudi and Korea and a couple International DL. US drivers are pussys when compared to these places plus Cairo Egypt.

Seoul: The unwritten rule is : “You look, you lose”. If the other driver sees you look, they have the right of way. Only new cars don’t have dings.

Riyadh: The rule of the road is predestination- If God says today is your day to die then it doesn’t matter if you drive like an asshole. If God says today is not your day, then it doesn’t matter if you drive like an asshole.
Saw some horrific accidents.
And when you’re in an accident (I only had 2 / 2 years) guilt is determined by who is better connected.

I took a State Department driving safety course in Saudi, informally known as “Offensively Defensive Driving”.
In addition to learning how to survive grenade and Molotov Cocktail attacks while driving, learned how to block other lanes to prevent drivers in the left or straight lanes from making a right turn into your car, and some other techniques that tend to piss off other drivers but prevent vehicle contact.
Every now and then my wife tells me I’m “driving like a Saudi” when in heavy traffic and want to be safe :)

Cairo drivers O. M. G.
These guys make the Saudis and Koreans look like sedated babies napping. New car with no bumps or scrapes?, you are fair game. Watched our taxi driver lightly t-bone (with damage to the other cars 2 doors) another driver who cut us off. Both drivers got out, cussed each other out while blocking the intersection, smiled, wave at each other then drove off, our driver saying “There, I showed him”.
Most cars had major dings & damage.

Cairo Crazies wins hands down.

+1 EddyNFL.

At one time I had a list of rules for driving in Korea, but most apply almost anywhere in Asia, the mid-east, Mexico and elsewhere.

1. White lines do not identify separate lanes, they are suggestions.
2. If you are not the first car stopped at a traffic light, you may pull around and into the crosswalk.
3. Stopping at some traffic lights/stop signs is optional, but you must live their to know which ones.
4. Posted speed limits indicate the lowest allowed speed.
5. Roadside "fines" for speeding depend on the rank of the policeman.

Many more, I can't recall.

I remember an intersection in Pyeongtaek...two four lane streets, no traffic lights/stop signs. If the locals recognized an American, they showed no mercy. Whenever we passed through, one of us would get out and walk into the intersection until we could get a car to stop. The driver would move forward as far a possible. Rinse and repeat until we were across.

In SA and Kuwait, many locals would not cross on an overpass as they thought allah might cause it to fall. They would shoot down the off-ramp and up the on-ramp...without stopping and slowing no more than necessary. Last time I was there, a mid-size sedan smacked a deuce and a half broadside hard enough to flip it. The two GIs had a few scrapes and bruises, but the three hadjis in the car were DRT. Not sure how they crossed under an overpass.

Shit, come on down to Texas and spend a couple days driving on Die-35 (as we locals call it). Half the drivers think they're in a NASCAR race and can drive like Richard f--cking Petty. Or even my local backroad FM-439 (for you non-Texans FM is "farm to market" road ID. It basically runs from Belton into Killeen, Ft. Hood and I've even been passed on the right hand shoulder by idiots while doing the speed limit, but as I've said before, speed limits in Texas are only a suggestion in most people's minds.

At one time I had a list of rules for driving in Korea, but most apply almost anywhere in Asia, the mid-east, Mexico and elsewhere.

1. White lines do not identify separate lanes, they are suggestions.
2. If you are not the first car stopped at a traffic light, you may pull around and into the crosswalk.
3. Stopping at some traffic lights/stop signs is optional, but you must live their to know which ones.
4. Posted speed limits indicate the lowest allowed speed.
5. Roadside "fines" for speeding depend on the rank of the policeman.

Many more, I can't recall.

I remember an intersection in Pyeongtaek...two four lane streets, no traffic lights/stop signs. If the locals recognized an American, they showed no mercy. Whenever we passed through, one of us would get out and walk into the intersection until we could get a car to stop. The driver would move forward as far a possible. Rinse and repeat until we were across.

In SA and Kuwait, many locals would not cross on an overpass as they thought allah might cause it to fall. They would shoot down the off-ramp and up the on-ramp...without stopping and slowing no more than necessary. Last time I was there, a mid-size sedan smacked a deuce and a half broadside hard enough to flip it. The two GIs had a few scrapes and bruises, but the three hadjis in the car were DRT. Not sure how they crossed under an overpass.
In Seoul we lived across the river in Bangbae dong. At most of the intersections in that song the complex rules of that specific intersection were written in Korean.
Cops stopped lots of drivers and issued tickets usually for suspected DUI but seldom to Americans, whom it was rumored they pity’d since we could read or speak Korean and waved us on.
And as you noted on the fines, our local guy told us to always have 3 one-hundred dollar bills for an emergency….. maybe he meant traffic gratuities? :)

In Saudi I had a "get out of jail free card" from the embassy, which effectively said I'm sorry, I'm leaving this scene and you can call the embassy if you need to further this discussion. It wa a handy item for many issues assuming you hadn't rear ended a Royal Family member.
Saudi Get out of Jail Free card.png

Attachments

• Saudi Get out of Jail Free card.png
    Saudi Get out of Jail Free card.png
    573.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: EddieNFL
Shit, come on down to Texas and spend a couple days driving on Die-35 (as we locals call it). Half the drivers think they're in a NASCAR race and can drive like Richard f--cking Petty. Or even my local backroad FM-439 (for you non-Texans FM is "farm to market" road ID. It basically runs from Belton into Killeen, Ft. Hood and I've even been passed on the right hand shoulder by idiots while doing the speed limit, but as I've said before, speed limits in Texas are only a suggestion in most people's minds.
Yes sir, I drive from Dallas to Austin a fair amount. As long as you watch out for Schneider trucks who think they own the road and can run others off of it, it's not too bad.

Yeah, I can attest to seeing/watching VERY bad drivers. I grew up (mostly) in Hongcouver B.C. You ever want to contemplate masses of people driving in slushy snow for the first time in their lives in a VERY hilly city? BAD just doesn't describe it. Especially when the vast majority are peering through the windshield by looking above the dash, and below the steering wheel. Whilst sitting on a phone-book or 3.

When I lived in Northern B.C., I had spent a day stereo-shopping in Prince George. After all the wheeling and dealing, my 1980 Monte Carlo trunk was bungy'ed down because it was full of speakers and components. The passenger window was down, because the towers (Paradigm Titan's) were strapped in and sticking out. Was the only place they'd fit. I left the city and began a 2 hr drive north, that turned into about 3 hour drive. Blizzard conditions, and the roads/highways were terrible. Well, there was only 1 highway, so you can imagine. I found it funny that there was no other traffic. Not with me, nor anything oncoming. Many a curve, there was fishtailing and whatnot. Winter tires really helped. But there weren't even plows or sanding trucks on the road.

I paid it no mind. Had the heat on full, was dressed warmly (even though that one window was down and this was in January) and had my stereo going, so I was enjoying the peaceful ride. I got to the Junction where I had to turn towards my town, and there were a few cop-cars sitting there, blocking the road. You shoulda seen the look on their faces, as they asked me "where the hell are you coming from in that thing?" I told them "Prince George, why?" They stated that I must have missed the road-block by mere seconds let alone minutes, because 'conditions were so bad'.

I told them (truthfully) that I'd driven in much worse conditions when living in Manitoba. (actually, where I am now)

The BIGGEST reason for 'bad drivers' or unsafe conditions or anything like that ALL boils down to, and begins with, an absolute LACK of regard and courtesy on the road. Nobody out there anymore thinks of 'the other guy'.... everyone is apathetic and only thinks for and of, themselves.

Slow Traffic Keep Right used to be a law, and regular signage. Even that is missing/removed anymore.

In Seoul we lived across the river in Bangbae dong. At most of the intersections in that song the complex rules of that specific intersection were written in Korean.
Cops stopped lots of drivers and issued tickets usually for suspected DUI but seldom to Americans, whom it was rumored they pity’d since we could read or speak Korean and waved us on.

I was driving between Suwon and Osan, hear a siren and glance at the speedo. Crap! 120 it a 70. A motorcycle cop buzzes up along side, salutes and accelerates away.

I drove expressway one at least twice a month. Always saw cops standing alongside the highway and they would wave their hand in a "slow down" motion...at least that's what I thought it meant. I had been there several months when someone told me it meant pull over. They never gave chase.

Reactions: TXAZ
I didn't drive in Buenos Ares, but I took a taxi. Scariest car ride I've ever been on. Like someone mentioned above, there's white lines indicating lanes, but they don't mean shit. Sitting at a four lane intersection six cars wide, with scooters and motorcycles trying to lane split between them. Light turns green, its a frikkin race to see who can get in front the fastest. It's like the start of a motocross race when they lower the gate.
Then, I had to get on one of their tiny ass planes from Buenos Ares to Coronel Suarez. Look that little jewel up. The plane ride was scarier than the taxi ride.

My town has been invaded by Californians, Washington people (Washingtonians?), and seemingly every other corner of the earth. Their vehicle of choice is the Mercedes Sprinter Van, quite possibly the gayest vehicle I have ever seen. There is just something about seeing one that makes me angry. Of course the Subaru is a close second. Back in my day, pretty much every person I know had a pickup truck, it was just a fact of life. Or a Suburban. And they knew how to drive them, regardless of what type of shit may or may not be covering the road that day. The whole deal is just another example of the pussification of our entire country.

Funny story. When our son was on one of his many deployments, flying missions over Afghanistan and Iraq (they did both depending on where they were needed on any particular day) he contacted us telling us he needed some paperwork for the many reviews that young officers had to go through. Said paperwork was in his home in Wichita, Kansas. So, Brenda and I pack up to make a quick weekend trip from our home in Louisiana to his home. Well guess what. We got snowed in. We were in our old 3/4 ton 2000 Suburban with locking differential. Snow was fun for these two Southern folk who rarely ever see snow of any amount. We made snow angels and snow men and went for long walks and generally had a great time. Arrived on Saturday and did not feel safe to leave until Friday. (Being retired is wonderful ).

Remember the Suburban and remember being from Louisiana? Drove every where I wanted to go, had a great time. Never once held up traffic. Anti-lock brakes worked great. When I came to a stop light, I could outdrag every one. Yes, there were some who passed me on the four lane roads. But heck, when we got to a stoplight, I would leave them in the proverbial (snow) dust.

I used to auto cross with our son. Even earlier, when the country roads we lived on were slick and it was safe, I would practice drifting, not for fun but for the day when I needed it.

Its not where you are from, its your experience and equipment. So much for being from the south and not knowing how to drive in snow.

Reactions: 308pirate and TXAZ
Taxi drivers in Japan were Kamikaze pilots that never got a mission.
Was only there a half dozen times but yes I seem to remember them driving fast (but not reckless) thinking they must get paid for distance and average speed.

Was only there a half dozen times but yes I seem to remember them driving fast (but not reckless) thinking they must get paid for distance and average speed.
It was once said that if they doubled the thickness of the paint of Japanese vehicles, the accidental death rate by auto accident in Tokyo would also double.

It was once said that if they doubled the thickness of the paint of Japanese vehicles, the accidental death rate by auto accident in Tokyo would also double.
Chardon may have bad drivers, but I am jealous of your high school football team. They are impressive!

All this talk about WHERE the bad drivers are. What about WHO?

I think many Moslem countries were onto something by not allowing women to drive. Saudi Arabia I believe has sadly changed the rules, but until recently there women were not allowed behind the wheel.

99% of the time when someone is tailgaiting me, it'a woman. Same with driving slow in the passing lane - the girl is usually on the phone. Be interesting to see some statistics on this, but since the plural of "anecdote" is actually "data" I going to believe it for now!

A639FDED-A8B9-45AB-83D5-712F95F8AEF5.jpeg