• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s steak test

I'll let you in on how to get the best steaks you've ever had.
Go to a 4H auction.
The kids that raise the cattle are required to sell them at the end of their program.
The cattle have been treated like a pet and for the most part follow the kid like a puppy.
They are exceptionally healthy and have been fed nothing but the best corn/grain/hay/etc.
Look for the red angus, not the black.
Find the fattest one in the herd and buy it.
You're doing yourself a favor and helping out a kid in a respectable program....no short side there.
Butcher it your self if possible because the butcher will be ripping your ass off after seeing the quality of the steaks.
Win.

BTW this is how we got the steaks and burger, etc we fed hunters at the hunting lodge I used to run.
Never seen a single person complain about the meat....if anything they asked where to get it.
Kansas is much better than Texas for quality beef.......we have grass filled prairies instead of scrub brush filled deserts.
Seriously? You are advocating butchering and eating a kids 800lb puppy?

Lamb

It’s what Odysseus would eat.

Or deer

Beef is second to chicken for the protein of the peasants.

Long pork?

tenor.gif

Ate a big bone in ribeye for y’all today

Beef here is up 100% over a year ago.

Briskets which are usually $50 and 80$ in the summer are $100 now. I have seen them for $150 recently.

Sams Club had 4 new york strips for $40. I bought 3 packages, and froze them individually. Still eat them, they are amazing.

Mine hang in the cooler for two weeks before processing and I don't have to worry about anything with the butcher. I know the guy that repairs his heat and air and his refrigeration equipment.
Wally World steak? Not even in a SHTF scenario. The poors will have already cleaned that out

I have eaten a few steaks. Best for me was a dry aged from smith and wolinsky. Wal mart has good steaks aten a few. A bad steak is better than most things.

Oh God, you didn't!

Prime rib belongs in a smoker, even a cheater pellet smoker.

Do not like smoked beef except for brisket and ribs.

Same with poultry, do not like smoked. I fry a turkey for thanksgiving.

btdt.

I have two smokers. Big and much bigger.

Our local Walmart has surprised us with good meat multiple times. I've got white a few tri tips from them for half the price of the butcher shop and they were great.

Seriously? You are advocating butchering and eating a kids 800lb puppy?

That's how we get all the lamb we eat. Not many get excited for lamb, but it's damn delicious as long as they're young enough. Mutton on the other hand, is only edible if you are dying of hunger

Lamb

It’s what Odysseus would eat.

Or deer

Beef is second to chicken for the protein of the peasants.

I love a good whitetail steak. A lot of people tell me I'm crazy for preferring it over beef. Put 4 in the freezer this year and 2 are already gone, so beef fills in.

the wife marinates and broils our venison and elk tenderloin and steaks in the oven, nothing better at any restaurant!
This and this alone. I can't see the benefit to having a slab of beef that is over 50% fat. Marbling is fat, plain and simple. Take a lean piece of meat and fry it in lard. Same thing. Tender? Taste? Not impressed. Someone has been brainwashed to pay EXTRA for fatty meat.
Last 4 years, we've eaten exclusively Axis Deer, big steaks, no fat to speak of, and tender/tasty.
I am especially not going to pay Walmart for steak.