• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

STEEL TARGET PLANS?? ANYONE?

762frmafr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
i have a load of AR500 coming in pretty soon, and i need some plans for some steel targets. anyone have any links i could look at? i want stuff that when i shoot at it it moves. like poppers and such or cool spinners. static steel gets boring after a while. thanks a bunch. if it works out, i might start selling them so any ideas would be beneficial for everyone.

Re: STEEL TARGET PLANS?? ANYONE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koganinja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a design for a hostage target that would swing to either side when hit. </div></div>
let's see some pics or some drawings.

Can you read dxf files? I think I have some cad files of a dueling tree at the shop. I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apexcncshop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you read dxf files? I think I have some cad files of a dueling tree at the shop. I'll try to take a look tomorrow. </div></div>

Jamie, welcome to the hide. I was the one that had PMed ya on AR15.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apexcncshop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you read dxf files? I think I have some cad files of a dueling tree at the shop. I'll try to take a look tomorrow. </div></div>
yes i can read dxf. please send them my way. thank you. steve

try selling them in sets. 1 moa targets out to 500yards, and 2 moa targets from 600-1000yards. package deals might work out really nice in the marketplace if you keep it affordable for the common joe to buy.

cut your steel by using a waterjet system.

stuff them in usps flat rate boxes.

keep the designs simple with circles, man-sized targets, poppers. if you get them spring loaded that would be cool.

This is not too difficult to build using 1/2" pipe and some pipe fittings. The 3/4" pipe the plate hangs from screws into one side and slips through the other side with an end cap screwed on so it won't come out. I added a 4” strip of conveyor belt material which allows it to swing a bit more and the bullet hits ring out a little better at long range. It comes apart and stores easily.

Were do you get armor plate for your steel?
IMG_1983copy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a load of AR500 coming in pretty soon, and i need some plans for some steel targets. anyone have any links i could look at? i want stuff that when i shoot at it it moves. like poppers and such or cool spinners. static steel gets boring after a while. thanks a bunch. if it works out, i might start selling them so any ideas would be beneficial for everyone. </div></div>

Shoot me a PM if you start selling them.