• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner 5-25x56

never the less => nevertheless

"...nevertheless (what?)." That's half of a sentence.

"...what they're there for." 'For' is a preposition, as in don't-end-your-sentences-with-them.

"...someone that..." Or 'someone who'? Would you like to guess which is correct?

I'm not even trying.

There's imperfection everywhere. Someone could easily argue how 'pathetic' it is that you would venture onto a message board, without even a cursory understanding of your written language at a 6th-grade level.

Consider that the person who couldn't see the screws, in the elevation turret, had an eye condition and wasn't able to see contrast very well. Maybe he was a milky-eyed-Joe, Vietnam vet with some bad eyes. Would you still call him pathetic? I'd bet you wouldn't do it here.

People have strengths and weaknesses in all areas. Some are mechanically inclined. Others have highly developed social skills. Then there are those who are just fat, ugly and dumb. But that's all irrelevant. What is relevant is how you treat them and, to a lesser degree, how you speak about them... Lighten up.

Marco I think it might confuse people who followed the instructions that came with the scope, the part about pulling up on the knob if you need to go below zero. They weren't unclear but they were apparently incorrect. My zerostop stops below the zero line (double turn still works fine).

I understand what you are saying about the confusion between the 4X erector scopes and the new 5x series in that the instructions supplied with the new scopes (for setting the ZS) was the same as the other style of turret. I can appreciate that.
The bottom line is that the procedure for gaining more turret travel to set your zero is the same with any make. Once bottomed out loosen of the set screws, advance the turret more slightly than you will need, re-tighten set screws, establish zero, then the apparantly confusing part: you loosen the set screws again, align the turret to "0" , re-tighten set screws and done.

I feel sorry for dealers and manufacturer reps that have to come on here to defend their product and explain how to do things so basic that even without instruction it shouldnt take a PHD to figure out. I'm sorry if previously all it took to zero your scope was to press "X" on your PS4 controller and now you're really confused...FFS.

Not directed to you dmike, just a general rant.

Not directed to you dmike, just a general rant.

Roger that...thanks Marcoman.

I agree that it's messed up when people throw it up as a "mine's broken and this product sucks" post. But I like the hide for how the community shares info and I love it when reps participate, it's really great interaction. Everybody has to learn sometime and I'm sure some manufacturers/reps are glad people are asking questions instead of wrecking the products and sending them back for warranty service.

ZS is usually only featured on higher-end optics and it involves some more unique engineering elements. I don't fault anyone for wanting to make sure they were doing it correctly. For some of us a $3k scope represents a huge investment and it would suck to f something up because they assumed it was like their other scope. There are some obvious design nuances with that turret and enough warnings to make a new owner want to be careful...and in this case the literature was erroneous.

Last I heard was this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Is this referring to the MSR with a thinner crosshair? Not that I have a problem with the 0.05mil crosshair, but if I had the choice, Id prefer the thinner one. Seeing how much longer I should hold off.

Yes, last I heard was new reticle will be released this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I've already looked into the retrofit of the turrets for you guys in anticipation of this request. The answer is yes we will be able to do that for you guys. I'm trying to put together all of the details for that and if I can I would like to be able to do this at no charge. I will keep you informed. At this point it's looking pretty good and I hope to have good news for you soon.

I'm looking into the MSR reticle modifications and I will let you all know what I find out when I hear back.

+1 on thinner reticle, any updates on this? thanks!

Nothing to report just yet but we are still pushing forward. Seems like it would be an easy thing to do but its not.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Straight Shooter, that's a good point...I just figure not that many guys carry a 2.2lb optic for the 5x setting. I get some curvature at the lowest power anyway.

I upgraded from an NXS with NP-R1, that reticle line is 1/3 as thick (.018 mil vs .05 mil) and I can see it with no problems (I know it's SFP, not sure how much that changes the argument). Depending on the target 0.05 mil can be a bit thick. I love the Steiner and wouldn't trade it for anything. Except a Steiner with a .025 reticle line! Or maybe an open center?

... If you happen to pull the turret off and you find that the turret isn't functioning correctly please call our customer service line and they will walk you through the process to correctly reinstall the turret.

We (Steiner USA) have rewritten the manual and it is currently being printed. I will post a link to the pdf version of the new manual as soon as it is available.

If you have any additional questions just post it in this thread and I'll get back to you. Love to see the positive remarks!

Sorry to pull up old thread but I'd like to ask some questions:

1- Is it possible for you to post the instruction on how to reinstall the turret cap here? I accidently removed the cap and it won't function correctly any more even though I thought I put it back together successfully. The problem is it's stuck half way after I try to zero my scope.

2- Do you have the correct PDF manual for the 5-25 yet?

Best regards,

Going back a couple pages to when the sunshade was being discussed...I just received my 4-16x50 Steiner tactical scope this weekend & it came with a sunshade & Butler Creek flip caps, I'm assuming this is the norm.

Just an FYI the sunshade that comes with a march 5-40x56 fits the steiner as well as a premier scope. I know it's not going to help unless you have a march scope but they do fit. The outside diameter is a little larger than the steiner OD but still works fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bump...

any word on the thinner reticule that is "supposedly" coming out this summer????

thanks,
FROM THAT LINK....

"We are hoping to have the MSR reticle with a thinner floating cross available as well
On the shelf delivery date is targeted for September 2014"

i will check back in september to see if anything comes of this.

I've heard a couple of people saying they are waiting for the MSR. I am curious, what advantage does the MSR have over the new SCR reticle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am curious, what advantage does the MSR have over the new SCR reticle?

I can only assume it is if a person is lazy and only shoots at torso plates it would make ranging more efficient using the msr even though it would be quite course compared to using the fine lines on the bottom left quadrant in the msr ret. I think jhr put it best though.

On the other hand, I currently own one of the scopes with the thicker msr and I'd rather switch to the thin version because its what I've become used to for that rifle. Granted the scr reticle looks absolutely amazing though, and for someone that doesn't have time invested I couldn't see any real reason to choose the msr over the scr version.

Just curious though, if people owned the M5XI 5-25 versions could they have it changed out for the scr reticles or were y'all looking solely at doing the reticle upgrade just for the thinner msr? Granted I know even the basic msr reticle switchout isn't happening right now, but just thought to pose that question to see if it had been considered.

I can only assume it is if a person is lazy and only shoots at torso plates it would make ranging more efficient using the msr even though it would be quite course compared to using the fine lines on the bottom left quadrant in the msr ret. I think jhr put it best though.

On the other hand, I currently own one of the scopes with the thicker msr and I'd rather switch to the thin version because its what I've become used to for that rifle. Granted the scr reticle looks absolutely amazing though, and for someone that doesn't have time invested I couldn't see any real reason to choose the msr over the scr version.

Just curious though, if people owned the M5XI 5-25 versions could they have it changed out for the scr reticles or were y'all looking solely at doing the reticle upgrade just for the thinner msr? Granted I know even the basic msr reticle switchout isn't happening right now, but just thought to pose that question to see if it had been considered.

I liked the SCR reticle and asked about having it put in my M5, was told it might happen in the future but if I wanted it right now I needed to sell my M5 and buy a T5.......not really what I wanted to hear at all