• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner M8Xi

so few out there. I am a Steiner fan, but the truth is that in the 1-8x market, it is pretty much owned by NF ATACR and S&B Dual CC. The problem with Steiner is 1) inventory in the US, unless you import from Europe; 2) resale value in the very high end. Steiner is late to the 1-8x game.

Now, the M7Xi, love it, and lots of great reviews in the mid to long range, but just not in the LPVO.

I think M8Xi lost a lot of potential interest when they made it SFP. Also, I was a little surprised by large exposed turrets. They may make some sort of sense for the IFS version of M8Xi, but not so much for the regular scope. When it was supposed to be FFP, I made plans to test it, but as is, unless I can get my hands on the IFS version, I sorta lost interest.

I do like M7Xi, although they need to give some more thought to reticles. MSR2 is a really nice design; G2B is a little old, but works well. However, they need a good tree reticle. Tremor3 they've got is so busy that it is kinda like whole overlappign forest rather than a tree.

ILya

I played with one at this year’s NRA convention in Indy. Eye box was smaller than the Nightforce and I saw distortion at 1x. Bright reticule though. For my money, check out the Nightforce. I would like to look at the Minox as well

I played with one at this year’s NRA convention in Indy. Eye box was smaller than the Nightforce and I saw distortion at 1x. Bright reticule though. For my money, check out the Nightforce. I would like to look at the Minox as well

To me, the two best LPVOs I have seen for some reasonable length of time are Minox ZP8 and Blaser 1-7x28. If Blaser put a tactical reticle in it, I'd use nothing else. The obvious caveat is that I have not tested the new Schmidt yet, but I really like the reticle in it.

ILya

i was not impressed at all by the short dot dual when I looked through it. It really needs a 34 mm tube.

I just bought a new home, so I need to wait a bit before shoring up $3k on an optic. I definitely want to give the Minox a try. I was not a fan of the ATACR either, but I have terrible eye sight (-9D uncorrected) and tend to be sensitive to eyebox or other issues. My favorite LPVO is the Kahles 1-6x and I prefer nothing else to give you a point of reference

Reactions: LeadZeke
To me, the two best LPVOs I have seen for some reasonable length of time are Minox ZP8 and Blaser 1-7x28. If Blaser put a tactical reticle in it, I'd use nothing else. The obvious caveat is that I have not tested the new Schmidt yet, but I really like the reticle in it.

ILya

How does Blaser glass & durability compare to the ZP8? I'm in the market and have previously owned the 1-8x ZP8. My main concern is the reticle and capped elevation. With that said, a 200yd zero on an AR would still get done everything I'd ever need. Trying to decide between the k16i, z8i, blaser, or some sort of mag/red-dot combo.

How does Blaser glass & durability compare to the ZP8? I'm in the market and have previously owned the 1-8x ZP8. My main concern is the reticle and capped elevation. With that said, a 200yd zero on an AR would still get done everything I'd ever need. Trying to decide between the k16i, z8i, blaser, or some sort of mag/red-dot combo.

Blaser durability is an unknown since the design is new, but it seems to be a well made scope and I had zero issues with it. Optically, I think Blaser 1-7x28 is as good or better than anything else on the market right now of the LPVO variety. Or at least from what I have seen.

On 1x, it has the best corrected and widest FOV of any FFP scope and it is extremely easy to get behind.

Look, I see a lot of scopes, so I am jaded and difficult to impress. Blaser 1-7x28 impressed the hell out of me.

ILya