• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Military 5-25 Pictures and Video

Re: Steiner Military 5-25 Pictures and Video

Ren said:
Id like to know how the warranty service is. Does it have to go back over seas to get worked on?

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">No, they go to their service center in Colorado.</span></span>

Its kinda nice having Plange here on the hide if my Premier goes TU, its also nice having JerryR here as well for any SB problems. Does Steiner have any presence here on the hide?

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Yes, he goes by the name Steiner Optics </span></span>

Id like to try a Steiner, but I'm a little hesitant without knowing how well their customer service is after the sale.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Very friendly and very quick. I highly doubt you'll ever need it but they will take care of you no hassle at all.</span></span>

**note.. Im not trying to turn this into a pissing match on who has better CS, so please dont take it that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ren said:
Id like to know how the warranty service is. Does it have to go back over seas to get worked on?

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">No, they go to their service center in Colorado.</span></span>

Its kinda nice having Plange here on the hide if my Premier goes TU, its also nice having JerryR here as well for any SB problems. Does Steiner have any presence here on the hide?

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Yes, he goes by the name Steiner Optics </span></span>

Id like to try a Steiner, but I'm a little hesitant without knowing how well their customer service is after the sale.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Very friendly and very quick. I highly doubt you'll ever need it but they will take care of you no hassle at all.</span></span>

**note.. Im not trying to turn this into a pissing match on who has better CS, so please dont take it that way.
</div></div>

Flyingbullseye hit it dead on. Recently sent my 5-25 back and had no issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigdTexas68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Recently sent my 5-25 back and had no issues. </div></div>

Reason?

Yes we're here on the hide. If something needs to be sent in for work please shoot me a PM and I can check into it myself. I like to know about any and all issues. Our turnaround is one of the best and our technicians love their scopes so they take a lot of pride in what they do.

I believe BT had an elevation turret that was a bit mushy compared to his other scope. Our techs agreed with him.

I've got about 9hrs now behind my Steiner 5-25 with MSR. The optics, the reticle and the illumination are great. Now that I've got a can for my rifle I'll be attending night shoots so I'll give an update on that if anyone's interested.

My issues:

1. The elevation turret is not a crisp or loud as the windage turret. I understand why this is the case, it's not so mushy that I can't use it, but it's there. Also, the elevation makes a much more pronounced click (audio and physical) coming down than going up. It's a CCW set up from the factory.

2. The diopter is not very firm, it's fairly easy to move and in fact, I've had to adjust it twice now because my parallax was off. With a butler creek open it's fairly easy to hit the open cap and move the diopter. The diopter lock on the Premier was a great feature for clumsy dude like me.

3. So far, that's it...

Hope that helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steiner Optics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes we're here on the hide. If something needs to be sent in for work please shoot me a PM and I can check into it myself. I like to know about any and all issues. Our turnaround is one of the best and our technicians love their scopes so they take a lot of pride in what they do.

I believe BT had an elevation turret that was a bit mushy compared to his other scope. Our techs agreed with him.</div></div>

That is correct. Great service. No issues.

Overall thoughts? Do you go out to Tri-County or Douglas Ridge? Or do you have your own spot for reaching out with your stick?

I've had two of the Steiner 5-25 with msr reticles for the last 6 months and the only very small negative and I mean small was the turret clicks. When compared to my pm2 the clicks on the Steiner were both less audible and tactile compared to my pm2 which for 90% of my shooting is no problem at all. Glass quality is on par with my schmidts and possibly a fraction better in the central area but only noticed when very bright conditions
The turret issue though small is currently being addressed I believe as I have shipped both scopes back for a free (apart from shipping costs) factory upgrade to the turrets
Will let people know when they get back mid April.
I would certainly recommend these to anyone looking for a high end acope and would say they are on par or better than the other premium brands I both own and run

Regards

Simon

I just started using a 5x25 with the MSR reticle and love it. Compared it side x side with a PMII and you cannot tell the glass difference.