• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Optics Factory / The new T5Xi thread (-!!-Picture Heavy-!!-)

I was on page 2 of Google before I even found reference to 'resolution data' and it was YOUR post in another thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Again, so what? It's listed in several places, not a secret. Why are you so defensive/evasive?

I googled "rifle scope resolution data" and the only thing that came up was another thread where you referenced it...

Not defensive, again I'm not an employee of Steiner and I'm not privy to inside information. Just wondering why you ask three times for something I can't find a definition for on the World Wide Web.

I'll make sure to ask Martin if he has an arc second measurer tomorrow and get you answer.

Maybe you're googling wrong?

Google "resolution in arc seconds" in conjunction with Hensoldt. Or just click on the link I supplied.

Where is it for the other 30 other scope manufacturers?

My point is you make it sound like this is something listed in every manufacturer's product catalog and Steiner is trying to hide something. I will ask about it tomorrow and try to get you an answer.

Last edited:
I finally found it in that thread. It's the post where the guy, who works for NF, says in Dec of 2011 they are coming out with the Beast "in a couple of months". LOL

Sorry, I guess I'm just in an awnry mood tonight. I really will do my best to get you an answer tomorrow. ☺

Why won't Steiner release the resolution data?

Because I don't have that data to share with you just yet.

QD does have a point though. I've never been asked for resolution data before in my life. Even if I did, what would that have to do with our factory? You've asked me for that data several times and I believe I've acknowledged it. I haven't forgotten. I simply don't have it. The optics were designed by Steiner Germany so I can't say for sure that they will even give me that information but I'm trying, just for you. lol

Last edited:

QD does have a point though. I've never been asked for resolution data before in my life. Even if I did, what would that have to do with our factory? You've asked me for that data several times and I believe I've acknowledged it. I haven't forgotten. I simply don't have it. The optics were designed by Steiner Germany so I can't say for sure that they will even give me that information but I'm trying, just for you. lol

That's fair enough.

But I thought you test these scopes after assembly.

That's fair enough.

But I thought you test these scopes after assembly.

They do test them for function and QC. Imagine hooking every scope up to a machine to test resolution that would take forever and cost a ton. Your beloved Nightforce probably tests their Military scopes per the contract and may batch test others for resolution but I'm sure they probably don't test all scopes. You seriously are the first person I've ever seen ask for resolution numbers.... What is your agenda? Because it seems to be more than just average consumer interest....

How much tighter can I engage targets under time pressure from a kneeling, sling supported, position with higher resolution numbers on my scope?

They do test them for function and QC. Imagine hooking every scope up to a machine to test resolution that would take forever and cost a ton. Your beloved Nightforce probably tests their Military scopes per the contract and may batch test others for resolution but I'm sure they probably don't test all scopes. You seriously are the first person I've ever seen ask for resolution numbers.... What is your agenda? Because it seems to be more than just average consumer interest....

You sound like Chris Mathews. I don't have an agenda. I want to know what the scope resolves so I have a basis of comparison that is better than someone telling me it's "clear."

Your paranoia is unbecoming.

I would also like resolution numbers. Except I'd probably ignore them because the manufacturers would game them to make their stuff look better like they do with power specs on home theater equipment. And frankly, people nitpick scopes too much as it is if you ask me.

CA police code 918V = Violent mental patient
He is from California.

Holy necro-post Batman... and references the M5 series rather than the scopes this thread was about...:eek:

I'm sure there's a lot of people that really hate seeing this Thread surface again....

Reactions: Surffshr
Holy thread resurrection.
Of course, the launch was a failure.

No shit.... The only thing Steiner has done with this piece of shit is add some different pinch marks before they push it out.