• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner P4Xi 1-4 or Bushnell Elite Tac 2 1-6.5?

Not crap at all. I think for the money there are some better options though. The steiner was great when it was selling for $450. I wouldn't pay the $800 or so it's going for now though. No experience with the Bushy.

There's a cronus 1-6 on the PX for $650. I'm thinking about picking up a delta stryker on Ilya's recommendation. They can be had for $625 new and are built by LOW in Japan. Glass is supposed to comparable to the razor/cronus and the turrets are supposed to be great despite being moa. IMO, on a 1-6 I couldn't care less. I'd probably go in this direction for the money.

The Steiner is a great scope, that said vinniedelpino is correct that it was a better value before the tarrifs were put on German rifle scopes. For the price of the Bushnell Elite Tac 2 1-6.5 I would look at the Vortex Razor 1-6 in MRad. EuroOptics is offering 14% off Vortex products right now so you could get the Razor Gen 2 1-6 for around $1200.

I would snag a Steiner in a heart beat if I could find one for $400 again. With the Aero mount it would be around 20oz total.

I would snag a Steiner in a heart beat if I could find one for $400 again. With the Aero mount it would be around 20oz total.

You and everyone else here. I have the 4-16 and want a 1-4 to make my gas guns match. I guess I'm a straight guy with a queer eye or whatever the fuck that is. Either that or I'm on the spectrum.

BTW, The Vortex PST, while not as good as the Razor, gives you a lot a value. EuroOptics 14% off would put it at $515.99. BTW I know that because I just bought one. I got it because I have a rifle that I want a LVPO, but didn't want to spend $1200 for it. I already have two Razors gen 2 1-6. If you have the coin I would definitely go with the Razor, if you don't the PST 1-6 would be good to go.

Last edited:
A lot of people don’t actually like use their shit. Square ranges don’t tell ya much. Neither do specs on a computer screenShoot it daily for a year, kill a bunch of critters with it over a few years, low light, harsh light.. -20, in the fog, in the deluge, in the desert, on the floorboard for 100k. Then test it’s ability to hold zero with a real tracking test and all that.

As for the question.. how important is reticle brightness?

I can’t say my Steiner has been beat on enough to call it good to go.. but my bushnell 1-6.5 has seen about 10 scope swaps the last couple years and it’s still on the go to gasser.

Couldn’t it go faith not acknowledge it’s shortcomings. The btr2 Windage holds are mover holds? Stupid.

The illumination is Amber not daylight bright. the illumination on mine went wonky. Honestly I never use the feature anyways. Batteries go dead so fast in the cold it’s pointless to worry bout it. One night on low with an nx8 at 20 below and ur dead.

But it tracks, holds zero, good 1x performance. The reticle is fast, the form factor is good, the elevation subtensions to 10 mil is good, the weight at 17.5 is very good. The view at 30 minute past dark at 6.5 is pretty dang good. The fov and parallax forgiveness is very good as well. Like the Center dot for cqb shooting without illumination.

Ymmv.

I only have experience with the Steiner and I like that scope a lot. I will agree that at the new price of the 1-4x opens it up to much better competition. I just picked up a Delta Stryker HD 1-6X and like it better than the Steiner 1-4x.

There's a cronus 1-6 on the PX for $650. I'm thinking about picking up a delta stryker on Ilya's recommendation. They can be had for $625 new and are built by LOW in Japan. Glass is supposed to comparable to the razor/cronus and the turrets are supposed to be great despite being moa. IMO, on a 1-6 I couldn't care less. I'd probably go in this direction for the money.

Where are you finding it for $625? Looks like $720 to me.

I am not an optics expert by any means but I really like the Delta Stryker HD. The glass is super clear with no chromatic aberration, that I can see, and no fish eyeing at any power. The scope is solid and smooth. When Ilya said it punches above its weight class he was correct.

I am not an optics expert by any means but I really like the Delta Stryker HD. The glass is super clear with no chromatic aberration, that I can see, and no fish eyeing at any power. The scope is solid and smooth. When Ilya said it punches above its weight class he was correct.

I got scared that multiple people were asking where to get it so I have one in the shopping cart right now.

Glad to hear you like it! I haven't seen anything negative mentioned other than the moa turrets, but on a 1-6 with a mil reticle I don't care.

I got scared that multiple people were asking where to get it so I have one in the shopping cart right now.

Glad to hear you like it! I haven't seen anything negative mentioned other than the moa turrets, but on a 1-6 with a mil reticle I don't care.
I don’t think you will be disappointed but my opinion is based on limited experience.

After you get the scope please post your opinion.

For those looking at the Delta Stryker- DO NOT order one from Brian Meckler at “edgunwest.com”. I tried to order one- that was listed as in stock when I placed my order. Website said 3 in stock, then immediately showed 2 in stock after I ordered. After several days with no shipping update- I emailed him. He responded that it was out of stock. Even though his website still showed 2 in stock. When I called him out on it- he got all pissy and canceled my order. Then after being an asshole to me, went and finally updated the website to show out of stock. Then blocked me from his website.
It’s probably a great scope, but buy from someone else.

For those looking at the Delta Stryker- DO NOT order one from Brian Meckler at “edgunwest.com”. I tried to order one- that was listed as in stock when I placed my order. Website said 3 in stock, then immediately showed 2 in stock after I ordered. After several days with no shipping update- I emailed him. He responded that it was out of stock. Even though his website still showed 2 in stock. When I called him out on it- he got all pissy and canceled my order. Then after being an asshole to me, went and finally updated the website to show out of stock. Then blocked me from his website.
It’s probably a great scope, but buy from someone else.
That’s who I bought mine from but my experience was the exact opposite. Guess that means there is a 50/50 chance of it going sideways.

That’s who I bought mine from but my experience was the exact opposite. Guess that means there is a 50/50 chance of it going sideways.
I really don’t mind if someone makes a mistake, but just don’t act like a childish asshole when you get called out on it. Going so far as blocking someone from even looking at your website? What a clown.

Not crap at all. I think for the money there are some better options though. The steiner was great when it was selling for $450. I wouldn't pay the $800 or so it's going for now though. No experience with the Bushy.

I just ordered the delta 1-6, at 625 I couldn’t pass on it. i had asked llya if the delta was close to the p4xi 1-4 or the razor 1-6 and he ranks it with the gen2 razor.

i learned my lesson when I didn’t buy a p4xi at 450 last year. I’m sure they will keep the price low until it catches traction like Steiner did.

The Steiner is a great scope, that said vinniedelpino is correct that it was a better value before the tarrifs were put on German rifle scopes.
Except it's manufactured in Greeley, Colorado. There may be some components imported from Germany but there's no way I believe they are responsible for the nearly 100% increase in price over the last 3 years since I bought mine.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything negative mentioned other than the moa turrets, but on a 1-6 with a mil reticle I don't care.
The turrets are there to zero the scope and nothing more. The fact that they don't match the reticle units is completely irrelevant and those who complain about that are f-ing knobs.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsp556 and ofelas
I just ordered a delta 1-6 to put on a ar15. What mounts or rings are you guys running.
Thanks

Warne xskel is good and not super pricey. I like the larue lt204 and it is a good deal for $140.

Midwest and American defense are the others I use and they are great as well

I have a Steiner P4Xi and uses it on an AR-15 almost daily about 2 years now on police service abroad in a very high crime and violent city. I installed it on an AeroPrecision one piece mount.
I really like it. I wanted a true 1X scope with a daybright iluminated reticle. And this is what I get with it! Only a dot on the center of the minimalistic reticle iluminates, like a dot on an Aimpoint. Even on sunny days, with white background, the red dot is clearly visible!
The reticle itself is a cross hair style with vertical marks that kind of mimics a 300-400-500-600 yards/meters with a 50-200 zero. It will depend greatly on the ammo and barrel size. For my Colt LE 14,5 inches it is good to go on silhuette target sizes up to 400 yards (max distance I tested). It is a simple reticle on SFP, what I find ideal on a scope that see most of its use on 1X and only goes to 4X for positive ID of threats or on searching for it at distance.
The eyebox is extremely forgive, very easy to find the reticle, even on stress situations and from not conventional positions.

I payed about U$490,00+60 for the Steiner scope lever. I think the lever is an absolute must have, as the magnification ring is very stiff. With the lever it is on the limit of usable at duty on a fast mode. The Vortex scopes I checked are way better in this regard.

The glass is very, very good for my eyes (I am used to high end long range target scopes) and the field of view is great, with just a little black ring around the image when looking through the scope.

I would buy another Steiner easily if need too. But I agree that now it is a bit pricey. And I never found myself in need for more than 4X for police work on my scope.

I have a Steiner P4x 1-4x on my Daniel Defense 16" AR. Have 500+ rounds through the set up now, including going through a Larry Vickers class. Daylight bright dot. True 1x. 4x isn't bad, but for a $650-700 optic, it's good (not as good as my Kahles but that costs $2000). I totally endorse the Steiner if you only need a 1-4x scope.